Let's Win Today And Piss Off All The Draftniks

SoFlaJets

on the boards-here we are, 2 friggin games left to this horrible excuse of a Jets season-one of our history's worst. In two weeks another never ending off-season begins. Another 8 months of "we should draft this guy" threads, predictions, speculation, and threads on why we should sign every single player that gets released between now and next September...see y'all in the Lounge

on the boards-here we are, 2 friggin games left to this horrible excuse of a Jets season-one of our history's worst. In two weeks another never ending off-season begins. Another 8 months of "we should draft this guy" threads, predictions, speculation, and threads on why we should sign every single player that gets released between now and next September...see y'all in the Lounge

i prefer to look at it a different way

the bigger picture..we need talent... lots of it and the earlier the picks are the

better...a 5-11 season puts the draft in no mans land

to each his own

I'm hoping for two straight wins to finish off the season because I cannot take any more f'ing losses and I want this whole Darren McFadden crap to go far, far away. I'd much rather pick around 10 then in the Top 5, especially this year.

the bigger picture..we need talent... lots of it and the earlier the picks are the

to each his own

if we can get 3 starters out of this draft we have had a good draft afos...it's gonna take bold moves this off season-which means we will have to bring in FA's and actually SIGN THEM-you know unlike what we always do.

We always read about this guy or that "visiting" the Jets at Hofstra and then 2 days later we read how somebody else signed the guy...that sh!t ain't gonna cut the mustard next year....we have a big difference to make up between us and now the whole rest of the division

to each his own

agree, at this point i want a better draft position,,having saod that as a fan i wiull smile if we win,,but could care less if we lose at this point due to better draft position,,if we lose, hopefully kellen looks good and we suffer no injuries,,but IMHO 2007 ship sailed and we need to get our ship in port for 2008

agree, at this point i want a better draft position,,having saod that as a fan i wiull smile if we win,,but could care less if we lose at this point due to better draft position,,if we lose, hopefully kellen looks good and we suffer no injuries,,but IMHO 2007 ship sailed and we need to get our ship in port for 2008

just for the record I don't think we'll actually win SJ and I haven't yelled at the TV too often this season anyway. I haven't had much hope at all since around the end of September...this has been B-A-D...really bad with not too many bright spots to point to. I think we beat KC next week

just for the record I don't think we'll actually win SJ and I haven't yelled at the TV too often this season anyway. I haven't had much hope at all since around the end of September...this has been B-A-D...really bad with not too many bright spots to point to. I think we beat KC next week

agree,,,we beat kc imho,,again letting that herm ruin our mcfadden sweepstakes position..

i havent bben pissed much this year,,backed off oct also,,EXCEPT beans and i went ballistic at manginis FG/Onsides kick fiasco vs Browns

agree,,,we beat kc imho,,again letting that herm ruin our mcfadden sweepstakes position..

i havent bben pissed much this year,,backed off oct also,,EXCEPT beans and i went ballistic at manginis FG/Onsides kick fiasco vs Browns

I've just watched this year like a friggin zombie most of the time-no feeling, no emotion, no hope, almost like being in shock

most of us are like cattle b4 the bullet comes

have been unfazed by this team since wk4, i have hardly

yelled at the TV all year... accept our fate and move on

we do need talent and being at 12th draft slot is the kiss of death

Remember when Herm lost the Reggie Bush sweepstakes? OH yeah that sucked. He totally screwed up the 1st pick. Except Reggie Bush sucks himself so picking him 1st would have been terrible.

But the draft guys need something to talk about I guess.

Remember when Herm lost the Reggie Bush sweepstakes? OH yeah that sucked. He totally screwed up the 1st pick. Except Reggie Bush sucks himself so picking him 1st would have been terrible.

i am not concerned with a player,,i personally want the 3rd pick to trade down for a boatload of picks to replenish our beloved jets,,i am thinking future , not a lost season,,

whether it is DMC or Dorsey or Howie's kid we will lose them at the pats will get one of them.. you make the call

ir is not a real strong draft from 10-32

On every Jets board people were talking Reggie Bush up like he was the 2nd coming of The Messiah Himself-I actually spent two of the most miserable weeks of my football life HOPING we'd lose so we could draft him. I cursed Al Davis for throwing the Oakland game and saw a lot of people in "Thanks Justin Miller You A-hole" threads doing the same thing when he ran back that KO to beat Buffalo the last game of the season...never again will I EVER wish my team loses so we could get a better draft pick

whether it is DMC or Dorsey or Howie's kid we will lose them at the pats will get one of them.. you make the call

ir is not a real strong draft from 10-32

but you know what afos? Last April during the draft day threads every single player New England picked was met with dread and "Oh no-they got THAT guy-we should have picked him instead" and guess how many of those guys are on that roster now? ONE-Brandon Merriweather from Miami U-their #1 pick-every other guy has been cut

i am not concerned with a player,,i personally want the 3rd pick to trade down for a boatload of picks to replenish our beloved jets,,i am thinking future , not a lost season,,

I understand. But I am a competitive person. I NEVER want my team to lose. EVER. Not saying everyone does it. But some people root for their team to lose for a better draft pick.

But here is the thing --

Your "team" just went 3 and 13. What makes you think they won't screw up the pick after a year of screwing everything up?

I root for the Jets to win every game. Regardless of the theoretical implications.

On every Jets board people were talking Reggie Bush up like he was the 2nd coming of The Messiah Himself-I actually spent two of the most miserable weeks of my football life HOPING we'd lose so we could draft him. I cursed Al Davis for throwing the Oakland game and saw a lot of people in "Thanks Justin Miller You A-hole" threads doing the same thing when he ran back that KO to beat Buffalo the last game of the season...never again will I EVER wish my team loses so we could get a better draft pick

i hear ya,,but if trading down for multiple picks is the strategy than that changes the mindset a bit,,its not a roll your dice and bank on 1 top5 pick,, but several highly rated players that can help in several areas,,

we nee dlots of help and this may be our best chance to restock the team,,some team will want long or mcfadden and will pay for the pick,,

I understand. But I am a competitive person. I NEVER want my team to lose. EVER. Not saying everyone does it. But some people root for their team to lose for a better draft pick.

But here is the thing --

Your "team" just went 3 and 13. What makes you think they won't screw up the pick after a year of screwing everything up?

I root for the Jets to win every game. Regardless of the theoretical implications.

again,,i said as a fan i will smile if we win,,it wont bug me a bit,,i am just saying at this point in season a loss wont piss me off like a loss in a playoff drive season,,and i will see rose colored benefit to a loss,,,and multiple picks offsets gambling blowing pick,,1 in 3 might make it :D

but again , i always want to win,,its just degrees of pisse doff we lose at this point,,

ask beans and heelz how competitive I am?

haha,, u would be surrpised to hear my demeanor at games,,:D

i hear ya,,but if trading down for multiple picks is the strategy than that changes the mindset a bit,,its not a roll your dice and bank on 1 top5 pick,, but several highly rated players that can help in several areas,,

we nee dlots of help and this may be our best chance to restock the team,,some team will want long or mcfadden and will pay for the pick,,

that would be the ideal scenario SJ-get a top 3 pick trade down to say a Dallas get their 2 #1's for it and also get the #1 from KC like Max suggested-I loved having multiple 1st round picks-it makes watching the draft bearable-I mean what was it like a 6 hour 1st round last April? arrghhhh

But here is the thing --

if we get the 3rd pick and tangini F's it up

you have your answer regarding these 2

enuff said

I'm hoping for two straight wins to finish off the season because I cannot take any more f'ing losses and I want this whole Darren McFadden crap to go far, far away. I'd much rather pick around 10 then in the Top 5, especially this year.

I for one understand where you are coming from with this...I also could not care less about McFadden, unless we could pick up more picks for him....we do not need him...we need OL and DL.....Leon Washington and Thomas Jones can be a great run attack...they have both been productive in the Pro game....McFadden has not played his first down in the NFL...he might be great....but I also remember a great college back we took in the draft and everyone thought he was going to be great...he was named Blair Thomas...we need to build on what we have...we need the guys up front..without them it does not matter who gets the ball...he goes no place...

I for one understand where you are coming from with this...I also could not care less about McFadden, unless we could pick up more picks for him....we do not need him...we need OL and DL.....Leon Washington and Thomas Jones can be a great run attack...they have both been productive in the Pro game....McFadden has not played his first down in the NFL...he might be great....but I also remember a great college back we took in the draft and everyone thought he was going to be great...he was named Blair Thomas...we need to build on what we have...we need the guys up front..without them it does not matter who gets the ball...he goes no place...

BT never ran a 4.3

this kid is a AP clone and a home run hitta!!!!!!

most of us want to parlay into several picks,,not many want to roll dice with a RB

BT never ran a 4.3

this kid is a AP clone and a home run hitta!!!!!!

Well I do not remember what Thomas' 40 time was...what was it ?

But if you do not have people up front it does not matter how fast he runs the 40 ! I would like to see Leon and McFadden one on one in a sprint.....and then watch anyone live on the difference....

what most of you fail to see is that getting 6 or 7 draft slots helps

every rd not just rd1

Round 2 pick would be 34, as pats lost their pick and add 3 or 4 draft

mistakes usually caused by drafting by need and the 2nd rd pick turns into

30th best player

If some teams offers a boatload of picks to draft DMC sure i would listen

say it is the pokes and they offer 2 #1's and a #1 next year

both of this year's picks are low picks browns in Mid twenties and pokes prob

30.. a very good chance 1 of these picks busts

then you gave up DMC for essentially squat

IF pokes offer MB3 and the draft picks i am all for it

but you know what afos? Last April during the draft day threads every single player New England picked was met with dread and "Oh no-they got THAT guy-we should have picked him instead" and guess how many of those guys are on that roster now? ONE-Brandon Merriweather from Miami U-their #1 pick-every other guy has been cut

The rest ended up on the Jets practice squad

But here is the thing --

Picks are not screwed up. Sometimes the best in College just don't transfer well to the NFL. Other times the guy you initially want is not there so you pick the best available. Then there is what the Jets used to do all the time, just pick the best available whether you need him or not. This team is not like that even though we still have Bradbury advising.

Archived