In 20 Yrs the only thing people will remember about the 2007 NE Patriots....

Smizzy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it. Seriously. I think the "cheating" thing will be an afterthought. And quite frankly, the story is unfinished. Say they win Sunday and lose in the playoff's - they will be known as the "perfect regular season team that choked."

If I had it my way, I'd lose Saturday and never again this season ...... true that. However, if there is a team that can handle pressure, NE would be it. Indy too.

I doubt it. Seriously. I think the "cheating" thing will be an afterthought. And quite frankly, the story is unfinished. Say they win Sunday and lose in the playoff's - they will be known as the "perfect regular season team that choked."

If I had it my way, I'd lose Saturday and never again this season ...... true that. However, if there is a team that can handle pressure, NE would be it. Indy too.

Barry Bonds *

2007 NE Pats *

Not true, because people like me will always remember that they were fined $750,000 and lost a first rd. pick because they were caught redhanded cheating.

What would you say about a student that was caught cheating the first day of school and then went on to achieve straight A's the rest of the year (assuming he/she wasn't expelled, which is customary)? There would be assumptions of continued cheating and dishonesty. Those same suspicions will follow the Patriots' "Perfect Season" legacy forever.

The Patriots spying scandal will not be an afterthought, too many honest people can see the truth.

Highly doubtful. That whole thing will long be forgotten by then. Maybe not by you guys but the majority of people.

You could beat every team from here on out 175-0 and nobody will ever forget the 1 NFL team who got caught cheating and lost a 1st rd pick was the 2007 NE pats.

Well....nobody but Patriot fans.

You could beat every team from here on out 175-0 and nobody will ever forget the 1 NFL team who got caught cheating and lost a 1st rd pick was the 2007 NE pats.

Don't worry man, as soon as the Patriots start sucking again those western Mass rednecks will forget all about football. It'll be just like the 90's again. Can't wait!!!

Highly doubtful. That whole thing will long be forgotten by then. Maybe not by you guys but the majority of people.

The only people that will forget about it will be the Patriots' fans who pretend that it didn't happen.

I will bet money that in 40 years when I'm sitting in my recliner crapping all over myself while I watch Patriots Super Bowl highlights on NFL Network 3.5 that I won't hear a single word about any sort of cheating.

Not true, because people like me will always remember that they were fined $750,000 and lost a first rd. pick because they were caught redhanded cheating.

What would you say about a student that was caught cheating the first day of school and then went on to achieve straight A's the rest of the year (assuming he/she wasn't expelled, which is customary)? There would be assumptions of continued cheating and dishonesty. Those same suspicions will follow the Patriots' "Perfect Season" legacy forever.

The Patriots spying scandal will not be an afterthought, too many honest people can see the truth.

If you are so sure that this will forever taint the Patriots. Answer me this how often do you hear in discussions of the Shula era of the Dolphins that the Dolphins lost a pick because of tampering?

It was a big scandal at the time.

Or do you even know that happened?

The only people that will forget about it will be the Patriots' fans who pretend that it didn't happen.

I'm not pretending it didn't happen. I just realize like most rational people that it had absolutely no effect on the outcome of this season. None.

I'm not pretending it didn't happen. I just realize like most rational people that it had absolutely no effect on the outcome of this season. None.

Once a cheat, always a cheat. I wouldn't be surprised if they're still doing some underhanded things to gain an edge, but are probably hiding it instead of doing it right out in the open.

I also don't think Bellichick handed over everything he had either. The guy is a lieing, cheating scumbag. He probably has copies of everything tucked away in his house somewhere.

True...but I wanna know how long this has been going on? Its amazes me year in and out they ALWAYS shut teams down in the 2nd half.....ALWAYS! Something just isn't right IMO.

I will bet money that in 40 years when I'm sitting in my recliner crapping all over myself while I watch Patriots Super Bowl highlights on NFL Network 3.5 that I won't hear a single word about any sort of cheating.

That's what fans of the 1919 White Sox used to say.

If you are so sure that this will forever taint the Patriots. Answer me this how often do you hear in discussions of the Shula era of the Dolphins that the Dolphins lost a pick because of tampering?

It was a big scandal at the time.

Or do you even know that happened?

Tampering and cheating are completely different.

The only ones that won't care or even admit that it happened will be the NE fans. For some reason, they have an unmatched ability to turn a blind eye when it concerns their teams and totally ignore the facts. If NE was good enough to win it all without cheating, the cheating would not have happened. I refuse to believe that they are now winning without some type of edge. People forget that there also were questions about the multiple radio frequencies that NE used in that same game against the Jets. Funny how someone here mentioned that Mangini (whom I hate) is a rat...So he is a rat for trying to prevent robbery from HIS own team, but BB is not the lowest scum on earth for cheating....Great logic...Only in NE....

:Nuts:

True...but I wanna know how long this has been going on? Its amazes me year in and out they ALWAYS shut teams down in the 2nd half.....ALWAYS! Something just isn't right IMO.

I don't know how long they have been taping, but the rule went into effect in 2006. And the Pats stopped doing it about 10 mins into 2007, so a legitimate claim can be made that it taints their 2006 record. If you want to put an * next to their 2006 AFC East title go at it, anything else is irrational.

In many games they also shut down the teams in the first half. But BB is the smartest coach in football. He does a great job with half time adjustments. Also the Patriots put an emphasis on conditioning and intelligent rotation of players. The Patriots have won games in the second half because they were less tired.

I don't know how long they have been taping, but the rule went into effect in 2006. And the Pats stopped doing it about 10 mins into 2007, so a legitimate claim can be made that it taints their 2006 record. If you want to put an * next to their 2006 AFC East title go at it, anything else is irrational.

In many games they also shut down the teams in the first half. But BB is the smartest coach in football. He does a great job with half time adjustments. Also the Patriots put an emphasis on conditioning and intelligent rotation of players. The Patriots have won games in the second half because they were less tired.

TX- Ummm it has nevah been allowed to tape opponents sidelines

Nice Try * * *

If the Pats go on to with the whole shabang (19-0) then they will be remembered as one of, if not the, greatest team in the history of the NFL. The NFL is a cash cow and has already begun to sweep the cheating under the rug and will continue to do so after the fact.

Of course, if they beat the Gints but lose in the playoffs or the Super Bowl then they will simply be remembered as a team that had the greatest regular season ever but couldn't get the job done when it mattered most (if they are remembered at all).

I don't like them and I like their fans even less but I tip my hat to them for what they've done this year*.

*Assuming of course there was no continued cheating.

Where does it say the rule went into effect in 2006? I thought 2006 was when the Pats started being warned about their illegal activities.

The only ones that won't care or even admit that it happened will be the NE fans. For some reason, they have an unmatched ability to turn a blind eye when it concerns their teams and totally ignore the facts. If NE was good enough to win it all without cheating, the cheating would not have happened. I refuse to believe that they are now winning without some type of edge. People forget that there also were questions about the multiple radio frequencies that NE used in that same game against the Jets. Funny how someone here mentioned that Mangini (whom I hate) is a rat...So he is a rat for trying to prevent robbery from HIS own team, but BB is not the lowest scum on earth for cheating....Great logic...Only in NE....

:Nuts:

The Jets tape every game. Instead of being on the sideline their camera guy is 100 feet away on the mezzanine.

I guess you didn't read about the Pats not having communication to Brady in the game at Indy this year. I didn't hear any bitching about that from Jets fans.

The blind rage and bitterness exhibited by Jets fans is actually amusing to most Pats fans, you know. I'll always say that Jets fans remind me of Red Sox fans pre-2004.

So . . . ummm . . . when are we getting our championship?

Oh wait, you guys waited like 80 something years right?

We're f#cked.

The Jets tape every game. Instead of being on the sideline their camera guy is 100 feet away on the mezzanine.

I guess you didn't read about the Pats not having communication to Brady in the game at Indy this year. I didn't hear any bitching about that from Jets fans.

Translation

No cheating happened...blah...The Jets Cheat too though they were never caught...blah.....Indy cheated....

NFL=Boxing, at least we know that the WWE is a show....

Archived