How long before Parcells has Dolphins ahead of Jets?

SouthernJet

depends who he names as coach

Parcells has been around the Dolphins less than a week. He has seen only two full practices, one walkthrough practice and one game in person. And he already knows Cameron is not the man he wants running his team.

Parcells apparently told Huizenga he has heard stories about Cameron spending some of his time monitoring the team's website to make sure the players are being asked the right questions by club-employed reporters. Cameron also wanted to make sure the players were giving the right answers.

Parcells told Huizenga he doesn't want a coach that is worried about blogs or website interviews. He wants a tough-minded, hard-driven football man who is more concerned with football than facade.

That is why Parcells has told Huizenga he covets Dallas assistant head coach Tony Sparano as a replacement for Cameron.

Because the Cowboys have a bye in the first round of the NFL playoffs, Sparano must be interviewed before Sunday. If the Cowboys make it to the Super Bowl, the next window that opens for a Sparano interview is the week between the conference title game and the Super Bowl.

Ugh,,

Bills already ahead of us,,we had 4 wins, Fish had 1,,Are we that far ahead of fish now wuth Parcells there??

Tuna never impressed me here in the GM role. If he was coaching, it would be a different story. This is the guy that had Groh coaching the team. I'm not that worried.

Tuna never impressed me here in the GM role. If he was coaching, it would be a different story. This is the guy that had Groh coaching the team. I'm not that worried.

I would ask you this, though, who would you rather have, Parcells, or Cameron and Mueller there for another couple of years?

I would ask you this, though, who would you rather have, Parcells, or Cameron and Mueller there for another couple of years?

No doubt those guys were bad, but that wasn't the question. It was how long will it take Parcells to get ahead of the Jets. I just don't think the Tuna is a great GM. Better than what was there, sure. But I would say almost anyone is better than those 2, they're easily replaceable.

Archived