Jets Draft in 08'

Jetsdraftjunkie08

OK, Don't get me wrong I liked beating Herm, But man I would rather have the 3 pick in Jan.

Right now I like Glenn Dorsey, nick long, I do like Run DMC but think we should not take him.... I Like Matt Ryan, but think we need to find out more on Chad 1st... Is he staying?

Once I know Chad situation I can decide on 1st pick....

Things I am sure of

1. T- I would sign a FA here because I know what I get! and drafgt for depth and teach.

2. G late 2 or 3

3. DT Priority...

4. DE Priority....

5. S I would love to take G wilson from NYG and have him from day one!

We need to get BPA in those positions either via Draft or FA

If we trade or cut Chad, I want a Vet backup like Billy Volek in SD, and then maybe I look at Matt Ryan.... But a trade down inside of10 is possible, but hard... and then GO BPA kenny phillips S from the U!

OK, Don't get me wrong I liked beating Herm, But man I would rather have the 3 pick in Jan.

Right now I like Glenn Dorsey, nick long, I do like Run DMC but think we should not take him.... I Like Matt Ryan, but think we need to find out more on Chad 1st... Is he staying?

Things I am sure of

1. T- I would sign a FA here because I know what I get! and drafgt for depth and teach.

2. G late 2 or 3

3. DT Priority...

4. DE Priority....

If we trade or cut Chad, I want a Vet backup like Billy Volek in SD, and then maybe I look at Matt Ryan.... But a trade down inside of10 is possible, but hard... and then GO BPA kenny phillips S from the U!

Please, please, please, please dont take Glenn Dorsey. He is the one person in this draft that has bust written all over him if he goes to the Jets.

Please, please, please, please dont take Glenn Dorsey. He is the one person in this draft that has bust written all over him if he goes to the Jets.

I don't think he'll be a bust/

I just would hate to see him in a 3-4. He also is very injury prone, so you know that if the Jets took him knowing our luck he'd probably miss more games than he plays.

I think he'd be a great 4-3 DT though.

Nice first post.

I saw a mock draft on rivals.com saying we take Jake Long from Michigan at #6! I can't see him going that far?

Im not sold on Jake Long at all. I think hes more comparable to Dbrick than Orlando Pace or anyone like that.

If we are intent on drafting a new OT, we may want to go with someone like Michael Oher, who should be available in rounds 3-5 if he declares. But I want a real difference maker with that 1st pick. Someone that can change the outcome of a game and/or make opposing teams gameplan just for that one player.

Someone the likes of Sean Merriman of SD, Braylon Edwards of Cleveland, Ray Lewis, Chad Johnson etc. etc.

When you look through our roster, there is not more then one person on our entire team that makes opposing coaches lose sleep at night, if even one.

I don't think he'll be a bust/

I just would hate to see him in a 3-4. He also is very injury prone, so you know that if the Jets took him knowing our luck he'd probably miss more games than he plays.

I think he'd be a great 4-3 DT though.

He's smaller then Drob and just as, if not more injury prone.

He'll be a pretty good 4-3 player, but if a 3-4 team like the Jets take him with a top 10 pick, then he'll be a complete bust IMO.

Im not sold on Jake Long at all. I think hes more comparable to Dbrick than Orlando Pace or anyone like that.

If we are intent on drafting a new OT, we may want to go with someone like Michael Oher, who should be available in rounds 3-5 if he declares. But I want a real difference maker with that 1st pick. Someone that can change the outcome of a game and/or make opposing teams gameplan just for that one player.

Someone the likes of Sean Merriman of SD, Braylon Edwards of Cleveland, Ray Lewis, Chad Johnson etc. etc.

When you look through our roster, there is not more then one person on our entire team that makes opposing coaches lose sleep at night, if even one.

I agree, I don't think Long will be there at #6 anyway. I want Laurentitis (spelling?) he could be that player. Rivals has Patsies taking him with the #7 pick. So let's grab him before they do!

i may be in the minority here but i would rather have pick 6 than pick 3. picks 1-3 require such a huge signing bonus that the risk outweighs the reward.

picks 1-3 will all get 20M+ signing bonus and an avg of somewhere b/w 8-10M per year - all for players who have never stepped on an NFL field for 1 snap. that is the same type contract it would take to get suggs or asomugha - proven nfl stars. if you take a QB w/1 of those picks you are paying an even higher premium because he will undoubtedly sit for at least 1 season.

if mcfadden goes 1st or 2nd he will be the highest paid RB in the league without ever having rushed for 1 yard. call me crazy but i would rather spend $$ on proven players than overpaying for potential.

for every carson palmer there are 2 david carrs. 6 is a great pick and with as many holes as the jets have they need to spend $ wisely.

i would target 2 OL, suggs, and osomugha. draft a NT in the later rds and start pouha next year.

Things I am sure of

2. G late 2 or 3

3. DT Priority...

4. DE Priority....

is Volek going to be available? I've wanted him on the Jets for a few years now-especially when we had The Dinger (remember him?) as our OC and then I wanted Matt Schaub, but the asking price was in-friggin-sane for a guy that had only pretty much played in PS games-in retrospect that was a move I'm glad we DIDN'T make

I agree, I don't think Long will be there at #6 anyway. I want Laurentitis (spelling?) he could be that player. Rivals has Patsies taking him with the #7 pick. So let's grab him before they do!

Not sold on him either.

Another good role player, but once again, hes not going to make to many opposing coaches lose too much sleep at night. Guys like Laurinitis are easy to find and come out every year. Whats hard to get is that real impact player that can change the whole complexion of a game.

Personally, Id rather Gholston than Laurinitis but I dont know if Gholston is worth a top 10 pick either.

Archived