"If the Patriots choke in the post-season"

AFJF

Apples and Oranges here. The Yanees led the series 3-0 - convincingly - needed only one more victory and didn't get it. Second biggest choke in sports history next to the 86 Red Sox Choke for the Ages.

Put it this way, the Pats "choked" last year against the Colts - giving up a huge lead and losing it. Losing to the Jags - if they are outplayed - isn't a choke, it's the better team winning.

Would really suck too. :(

they went 16-0. they have a first round bye. they have home field throughout. the NFC is laughable. if they don't win the lombardi it is the greatest choke job in history. period.

I must be honest here. You seem like a nice fellow. Your g/f seems cool as heck and you're lucky to have her, but sometimes I think your football acumen sucks. Sorry.

tictac is not after his football accumen, just wants drago to get bigger instead of smaller in crunch time!!! sorry drago

tictac is not after his football accumen, just wants drago to get bigger instead of smaller in crunch time!!! sorry drago

damn dude, were you there last night? tictac is a shifty human to let you in and i not even notice...:shake:

hey garb...my football knowledge is just fine...thanks for noticing.

Choke (sports) to become too tense or nervous to perform well

Okay, so if I'm reading most of you correctly...you think that a team/coach who has the best modern day dynasty in the NFL having won three rings and set numerous team records, if they don't win a 4th ring they have choked? Again, keeping in mind what it means to choke. It means to fold under pressure. Inability to focus due to anxiety. All of a sudden, after winning three rings and several nail biting playoff games, the Pats will all of a sudden become overwhelmed by the post-season spotlight?

I know that the Pats are hated by Jet fans and it's more fun to be able to say they "choked" instead of "they lost". To each his/her own I suppose.

Exactly.

Whether you subscribe to luck or fortuitous bounces, the Patriots could easily have a loss or three. I am sure if you look at all 14 or 15 win teams since 1978, all of them have a play or two that prevented them from being unbeaten.

If the Jags beat the Patriots it will not be as big a shock as Jets fans make out it to be. The Jags are good. Maybe not as good as the Patriots, but they earned their playoff berth in the toughest conference. This is not Appalachin State vs Michigan.

Exactly.

Whether you subscribe to luck or fortuitous bounces, the Patriots could easily have a loss or three. I am sure if you look at all 14 or 15 win teams since 1978, all of them have a play or two that prevented them from being unbeaten.

If the Jags beat the Patriots it will not be as big a shock as Jets fans make out it to be. The Jags are good. Maybe not as good as the Patriots, but they earned their playoff berth in the toughest conference. This is not Appalachin State vs Michigan.

don't forget embarassingly biased refs.

i'm not talking specifically about the ravens game first of all. second, i don't think the pats bribed/influence the refs, i think the media frenzy and the NFL's hardon for the pats influenced the refs into giving the pats some calls.

What?

That is a new conspiracy.

The media, who for the most part cannot stand Belichick and the Patriots, influenced the refs. On top of the cheating scandal amid the never ending roid speculation, the NFL is going influence refs to sham the Patriots to an undefeated season?

Ok. I hear they are looking for fiction writers in Hollywood.

What?

The media, who for the most part cannot stand Belichick and the Patriots, influenced the refs. On top of the cheating scandal amid the never ending roid speculation, the NFL is going influence refs to sham the Patriots to an undefeated season?

right, the media hates the pats this year. are you listening to yourself?

right, the media hates the pats this year. are you listening to yourself?

They have gotten attention due to spy gate, th epursuit of records and the undefeated season. Which are the most newsworthy events in the NFL this season. It is only natural for them to be the top news event.

For the most part, the media lobs hidden jabs and open shots at the Patriots. There are few puff pieces. There are more "yeah thery are great, but" articles then positive articles. That is the nature of the beast.

They have gotten attention due to spy gate, th epursuit of records and the undefeated season. Which are the most newsworthy events in the NFL this season. It is only natural for them to be the top news event.

For the most part, the media lobs hidden jabs and open shots at the Patriots. There are few puff pieces. There are more "yeah thery are great, but" articles then positive articles. That is the nature of the beast.

i feel like we've been stuck in a prince brady circle jerk echo chamber for months.

You love small sample sizes don't you?

Wanna know what high and mighty Scott Brosius' career postseason numbers are? .245/.278/.418. THAT'S what I call clutch. :eek:

Even if A-Rod hit .330 in the postseason the last few years it wouldn't have done much because the entire Yankee team **** the bed.

I know it's tough but TRY to stay focused here. We were discussing AFraud being a choker or non choker NOT the Yankee team success. BTW, He IS the postseason choker king. :P

I'm not saying he didn't suck but to claim he was the sole reason for their collapses is delusional. Many of those years he was the main reason they even made the postseason.

Again STAY FOCUSED . The term used was choker, no one TMK said he sucked. He DOES have great regular seasons, no arguement there, but he DOES disappear at the post season crunch time , thus the choker label.

What?

:rl: You've been missing the Pats/ESPN love fest.

The media, who for the most part cannot stand Belichick and the Patriots

I’m pretty sure that I saw on the cover of the new ESPN Magazine an article titled: “Reasons you should not hate Bill Belicheck.” I mean WTF???:confused0058:

Also SI had him as Santa Claus on their front cover and boy doesn’t everyone hate him? :roll:

Face it, The Media is in love with you guys right now whether you like it or not.

Archived