Carolina On My Mind Edition of Post of the Week - January 11, 2007

GreenBeans

Sorry for the late and short POTW thread this week - here's the winner:

Topic: Univ. North Carolina 1st again in Value, Public Colleges

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

when i was at unc i think the tuition was $2500 for in state studnets. with room, board, books it came to about $7,000/yr.

of course once you add in beer it was $15,000.

Originally Posted by afosomf

Oh wait you got a full ride... didn't you, your old man got off scot free!!

that explains why he has money to go to all those movies

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

hahaha

POTW...

for multi thread tie-in and for the fact I loved not paying for 4 years of Undergrad,,,Now that semester abroad in London/Paris (and I find out later Amsterdam) cost me a bundle..Plus Granville Towerd dorm upgrade,,damn swimming pools in the courtyard,,good study motivator with bikini clad girls thjere all the time

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

admit it. it was worth it. now i can speak french and blow smoke rings from a bong.

Congrats to SJ and johnny green balls - they both win this week. I figure if I'm stuck working at UNC, these combined posts ought to win. :)

editor's note for the winning post:

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

???

I go to Jet Bar for all games,,having said that,,if the bar gets closed or has a malfunction,, I am sure Heelz and Beans would follow me home to watch game...

I would just have to make sure I call ahead to let Mrs. SJ put her French Maid outfit on,, I insist on that when entertaining

Reminds me,,Beans is coordinating via email a Draft Party at the Jet Bar,,hey, with teh 6th pick we might as well all get together..."

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Originally Posted by BP

You should coordinate a NYC visit for the draft, and get your asses up here.

Someday the NC contingent will make the trip to join you guys, BP. SJ and I have already talked about needing to do it, and I'm sure johnny and heelz would be happy to tag along.

Until next week (when I hope my work life will return to normal) - y'all be cool.

gb

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for the late and short POTW thread this week - here's the winner:

Congrats to SJ and johnny green balls - they both win this week. I figure if I'm stuck working at UNC, these combined posts ought to win. :)

editor's note for the winning post:

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Someday the NC contingent will make the trip to join you guys, BP. SJ and I have already talked about needing to do it, and I'm sure johnny and heelz would be happy to tag along.

Until next week (when I hope my work life will return to normal) - y'all be cool.

gb

ahhhhh dude, i rack up 2 or three noms this week and you cut it short, boooooooo!!

lol

wow... i have done this for gb a few times.. and it takes HOURS. no lie.. a good two to three hours..

so if some of you big machas want to take it over for a week and see how NOT easy it is,

go ahead .. i am sure gb wont mind.

i am surprised at the lack of love for gb. :shock:

dont be dissin my boy... or i will come and give you all a good thwacking! [-X

wow... i have done this for gb a few times.. and it takes HOURS. no lie.. a good two to three hours..

so if some of you big machas want to take it over for a week and see how NOT easy it is,

go ahead .. i am sure gb wont mind.

i am surprised at the lack of love for gb. :shock:

dont be dissin my boy... or i will come and give you all a good thwacking! [-X

Seconded.

Beans is the man.

what the hell happened to you? you're a bitter old fart at 30 years old. :confused:

after everything beans has done, you get all prissy over one week the man had other **** to do and unsticky his post? did your mom sell your car or somethin?

I unpinned it. I pin and unpin threads all the time because people tend to ignore the sticky threads.

Now that the law firm of JGB is on the scene I am sure this will be on page one forever though. :rl:

what the hell happened to you? you're a bitter old fart at 30 years old. :confused:

after everything beans has done, you get all prissy over one week the man had other **** to do and unsticky his post? did your mom sell your car or somethin?

I didn't unsticky anything. Obviously POTW is a pain in the ass to run and we have have never done anything but thank him and be very appreciative of his hard work.

Don't be mad because your posts sucked aren't even worthy of POTW Nominations. Jr.

I didn't unsticky anything. Obviously POTW is a pain in the ass to run and we have have never done anything but thank him and be very appreciative of his hard work.

Don't be mad because your posts sucked aren't even worthy of POTW Nominations. Jr.

sounds like you're mad you didn't win. sorry smiz, better luck next period, err... week. better luck next week.

I unpinned it. I pin and unpin threads all the time because people tend to ignore the sticky threads.

Now that the law firm of JGB is on the scene I am sure this will be on page one forever though. :rl:

this isn't about who won, just sticking up for GB who i know works his freakin ass off on these things. seemed like there were some ingrates in the house...

sounds like you're mad you didn't win. sorry smiz, better luck next period, err... week. better luck next week.

Can we get an over/under on how many times you nominate your daddy and how many times daddy nominates you this week?

I'll say ...20

this isn't about who won, just sticking up for GB who i know works his freakin ass off on these things. seemed like there were some ingrates in the house...

We all know what a pain in the ass it is doing that job. We all have nothing but respect and admiration for Beans. I'm sure it's a real chore wading through all the garbage that you and the old man nominate each other for.

That said, this week was weak. That post didn't even deserve to be nommed, let alone win.

Beans does a ton for this board, believe me, we are no ingrates.

We all know what a pain in the ass it is doing that job. We all have nothing but respect and admiration for Beans. I'm sure it's a real chore wading through all the garbage that you and the old man nominate each other for.

That said, this week was weak. That post didn't even deserve to be nommed, let alone win.

Beans does a ton for this board, believe me, we are no ingrates.

whateva, sour grapes all. it's like you think i posted that knowing it would win.

i formally request smizzy win POTW next week. he's got a bad case of toxic shock syndrome and all this whining can't be helping him recover. thanks beans.

It's always surprising to me that you and the old man have been banned everywhere else. You are both giant dickheads.

i formally request smizzy win POTW next week. he's got a bad case of toxic shock syndrome and all this whining can't be helping him recover. thanks beans.

It's always surprising to me that you and the old man have been banned everywhere else. You are both giant dickheads.

Oh stop, Smizzy is fine, johnny's fine, the old man is ok (:lol:), Thor is fine - I love everyone, everyone needs to love each other. Please sing along:

Everybody Get Together.

(Chet Powers)

Love is but a song to sing

And fear's the way we die.

You can make the mountains ring

Or make the angels cry.

Though the bird is on the wing

You may not know why.

C'mon, people now

Smile on your brother

Everybody get together

Try to love one another right now.