ALKs team hit hard

SouthernJet

OKLAHOMA WAS HIT HARD

The deadline to declare early for the 2008 NFL draft has passed, and we've compiled

the complete list of early entries, with the caveat that players who haven't hired agents have until this weekend to change their minds.

Our initial reaction? Oklahoma was hit very hard.

Wide receiver Malcolm Kelly, linebacker Curtis Lofton and cornerback Reggie Smith are all leaving early, meaning the Sooners have lost arguably their three most talented juniors.

Other schools lost multiple talented players, too, but in somewhat different circumstances. Running backs Darren McFadden and Felix Jones left Arkansas, but no one seriously expected them to stay, especially after a new coach meant they'd have to learn a new offense. Ditto for Michigan wide receivers Adrian Arrington and Mario Manningham and Hawaii wide receivers Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullen.

The school that fared the best, by far, is Ohio State, which lost only one junior, Vernon Gholston. The Buckeyes are in very good shape for 2008.

No, he is a Sooner fan...

I think he or his wife went there..

I know he is a big Barry Switzer fan..

I've only heard him mention Nebraska when talking college football. And as you know he CAN'T be a fan of both. Not in that conference. :P

My mouth is watering over the prospect of having either/or Vernon Gholston or Mario Manningham on the team next year.

And I think Michael Oher, the LT from Ole Miss can be a good later-rd pick. (Any of you that have read "The Blind Side", will find that name familiar)

If the Jets take Mario Manningham with the 6th pick I will definitely kill myself. Hope you meant 2nd-3rd round.

If the Jets take Mario Manningham with the 6th pick I will definitely kill myself. Hope you meant 2nd-3rd round.

Yes, thats why theres a chance we can have both Gholsten and Manningham on our team next year. Thats one playmaker on both sides of the ball.

Then if we can get an OG in the mid rounds, this is already a much better team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't his handle use to be HUSKERALK before he shortened it?

he had to use that in a sig bet he lost,,

he is a true sooner ..

i think he arranged for the local Sooner Fan club to get his idol, Bob Stoopes to come speak in Kansas ..

Archived