2nd,third,4th and fifth rounds are loaded with very good players

jets rooter

the jets must trade down to accuire extra picks.there are very good players available in the 2nd,3rd,4th,and fifth rounds that can make a difference in the jets roster.to name a few.here is a list of players that I would like the jets to draft.

jonathan stewart r.b.

james hardy w.r.

goseder cherilus o.t.

fred davis t.e.

robert felton o.g.

cliff avril o.l.b.

barry richardson o.t.

joe flacco q.b.

marcus harrison d.t.

and many more that have great value + fifty juniors that will be on board..

the jets must trade down to accuire extra picks.there are very good players available in the 2nd,3rd,4th,and fifth rounds that can make a difference in the jets roster.to name a few.here is a list of players that I would like the jets to draft.

jonathan stewart r.b.

james hardy w.r.

goseder cherilus o.t.

fred davis t.e.

robert felton o.g.

cliff avril o.l.b.

barry richardson o.t.

joe flacco q.b.

marcus harrison d.t.

So we should trade the #6 pick in the first round for picks in the 2nd-5th rounds? That's nuts!!:confused0082:

jonathan stewart r.b.

james hardy w.r.

goseder cherilus o.t.

fred davis t.e.

robert felton o.g.

cliff avril o.l.b.

barry richardson o.t.

joe flacco q.b.

marcus harrison d.t.

You can only trade down if there is someone willing to deal up. Of course anyone would do it for a steal, but I'm talking fair value. The other 31 teams know there are good players in rounds 2-7 as well so they may not want to deal up

http://nyj.scout.com/2/721440.html

Here is a list of juniors coming out which makes this a much better draft than what we were expecting at the beginning. I agree to trade back to aquire more picks in the 2nd and 3rd round only if one of the elite players is not on the board. I still like Jake Long especially with the signing of Callihan to run that offensive line. But if trading back means adding a player like Sweed from Texas or Stewart from Oregan I have no problem going defense and O-line the rest of the way with extra picks.

You can only trade down if there is someone willing to deal up. Of course anyone would do it for a steal, but I'm talking fair value. The other 31 teams know there are good players in rounds 2-7 as well so they may not want to deal up

I keep hearing this theory and I couldn't disagree more. If there is not what you feel is good value at your pick then it would be smarter to take less for that pick. In otherwords if the best player on the board at 6 is rated around 10 in a normal draft, then I would take compensation equal to a 10 pick or higher and you would still make out theoretically.

I keep hearing this theory and I couldn't disagree more. If there is not what you feel is good value at your pick then it would be smarter to take less for that pick. In otherwords if the best player on the board at 6 is rated around 10 in a normal draft, then I would take compensation equal to a 10 pick or higher and you would still make out theoretically.

I hear you. If we pace on Orlando Pace for James Farrior and some other guys who we will never remember, that would suck.

The Jets need game breakers on this team and however they go about doing it I am fine with. No more captains,scholars,band aids and lifetime special teams players.... GAMEBREAKERS

Or as I like to call them...PLAYMAKERS!!! That is one thing I've always taken away from Jimmy Johnson when he was in Dallas...he couldn't emphasize enough for playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Considering it's IMPOSSIBLE for the best player on your board to be rated 10 when only 5 people have been drafted, your theory doesn't make sense. Your theory only works if you are drafting on need instead of BPA.

The Jets need game breakers on this team and however they go about doing it I am fine with. No more captains,scholars,band aids and lifetime special teams players.... GAMEBREAKERS

I dont disagree with you but I think more than 'playmakers' the Jets need horses - big, talented guys on both lines. I rate LG, OLB and DL as higher priority needs than RB or WR.

Josh Johnson QB from San Diego was EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE in the East West Shrine Game last night.

Hes 6'3" 205 lbs and is very fast and has great pocket presence. All of the commentators and Todd McShay were raving about him during the game. He finished 6/11 78 passing yards and 4 rushes 98 rushing yards and 1 TD Pass. He showed great touch on his passes, and excellent escapability, but only ran when he needed to to, which is a great plus, because it means hes always looking for pass first run second. I think he could be the steal of the draft in the 3-5th rounds. He looked very impressive and probably rose his stock alot last night. I think hes definitely worth a look around those rounds, thats if he makes it that far.

Considering it's IMPOSSIBLE for the best player on your board to be rated 10 when only 5 people have been drafted, your theory doesn't make sense. Your theory only works if you are drafting on need instead of BPA.

You don't just scout players against this years class. You scout them and grade them. How you grade them is where they line up against this years class and last years class. That is why they say "There is only really 10 true blue chippers this year". The grades are also compared to current player on your team and around the league.

Archived