Jets Meet With The Tallest WR Of The 08 NFL Draft

Jedi_Jet1121

I would trade up for this guy i seen some tape on this guy the only thing he lacks is Speed and bulk. He'll get Bulk playing in the NFL and He'll be the deep target the Jets need baddly. I would love to trade up for this guy.

I dont think the Jets will have to trade up for Hardy; I think he'll last to #36. I would be ok with the Jets taking Hardy with the second pick though I'd prefer Dre Moore (DE). Of course if they can trade down then they could have both of these guys. And an offensive lineman to boot.

I would trade up for this guy i seen some tape on this guy the only thing he lacks is Speed and bulk. He'll get Bulk playing in the NFL and He'll be the deep target the Jets need baddly. I would love to trade up for this guy.

:confused0085: Umm...not for nothing but usually the one key attribute to being a "deep threat" is that you have at least a little bit of speed and will require more than a LB to cover you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eEM2pDgDFbA&feature=related

Some video on Hardy he seems like a good locker room guy this dude will get bulk TRUST ME haha no doubt about it

Main issue isn't the bulk it is the speed. If this guy can only run a 4.6 40 that's a red flag. We'll see how his 40 at the combine is but if it doesn't get any better he could be another Dwayne Jarret or Mike Williams.

Main issue isn't the bulk it is the speed. If this guy can only run a 4.6 40 that's a red flag. We'll see how his 40 at the combine is but if it doesn't get any better he could be another Dwayne Jarret or Mike Williams.

Im telling you man Mangini knows whats up i think we are getting him in the 2nd if Coles is traded i have a nice felling about this kid. he needs to bluid up his arms a big and legs but he is set he is a burner i thought he was slow. but dam he is 6ft 6inches tall with a 4.6 speed thats NASTY

Im telling you man Mangini knows whats up i think we are getting him in the 2nd if Coles is traded i have a nice felling about this kid. he needs to bluid up his arms a big and legs but he is set he is a burner i thought he was slow. but dam he is 6ft 6inches tall with a 4.6 speed thats NASTY

I hear you. I love Hardy's size but if he can't run better than a 4.6 than he may never be anything more than an ok slot receiver and endzone threat. Not that that would be bad but if you're trying to use him to replace Coles that could be a problem.

DB's are a lot faster in the pros than in the Big Ten. I saw those youtube videos and he would need a lot more gas to make some of those plays in the NFL.

We'll see how he does in the combine.

This guy is a playmaker he scored 17 TD with only 74 Catches... Thats unreal! He runs a 4.6 Speed... He streches the field and makes big plays when the ball is throwen to him. He does not drop passes.

The only problem is his bulk COME ON NOW in 2 years he'll be a HUGE playmaker if we draft him he'll make the tough catches LOOK at the video on this guy come on Jets fans...

This guy is a playmaker he scored 17 TD with only 74 Catches... Thats unreal! He runs a 4.6 Speed... He streches the field and makes big plays when the ball is throwen to him. He does not drop passes.

The only problem is his bulk COME ON NOW in 2 years he'll be a HUGE playmaker if we draft him he'll make the tough catches LOOK at the video on this guy come on Jets fans...

4.6 speed is absolutely horrible for a WR.

Straight line speed over 40 yards should not be the measure of a WR (or many other positions for that matter). Route running, quickness, into and out of cuts, and hands are my top three. Throw in toughness and you have someone that can be special.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40 and was considered 'slow' for the nfl but come game day he sure didn't look slow.

The 40 time gets way too much press. JMO.

Straight line speed over 40 yards should not be the measure of a WR (or many other positions for that matter). Route running, quickness, into and out of cuts, and hands are my top three. Throw in toughness and you have someone that can be special.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40 and was considered 'slow' for the nfl but come game day he sure didn't look slow.

The 40 time gets way too much press. JMO.

Thank you!

No worries, I'll be here all day. :P

I'm tired of midget WR's and I'm tired of having our 'tall' receiver be 6'2".

Its all good man. Some people just dont understand this kid has alot of upsides and one down size which is his Bulk which he'll get in the NFL this kid is going to be a monster for the right team.

I would first like to say that straight line speed isn't the one and only measurement of a good reciever and his ability to get seperation. A lot of seperation can be made up for with good routes and being physical at the line of scrimage.

Also, all of you are just taking the authors word that hardy isn't as fast as plax, plax was considered slow coming out of college. He didn't run the 40 at the combine and instead chose to run it at his proday on michigan states fast track and ran only a 4.56. Larry fitzgerald ran a 4.63 and Anquan Boldin ran a 4.72 at the combine and not on their faster home tracks. The thing all three of these guys have in common?? they all are physical recievers who can get off jams at the line of scrimmage and who run great routes with great hands.

I've been watching him and marcus monk a lot over the last year or two and he is leaps and bounds better than monk and would be an asset on our team. I would emplore everyone to look at more things about the guy than just his 40 time, because we could miss out on a lot of solid players.

I would first like to say that straight line speed isn't the one and only measurement of a good reciever and his ability to get seperation. A lot of seperation can be made up for with good routes and being physical at the line of scrimage.

Also, all of you are just taking the authors word that hardy isn't as fast as plax, plax was considered slow coming out of college. He didn't run the 40 at the combine and instead chose to run it at his proday on michigan states fast track and ran only a 4.56. Larry fitzgerald ran a 4.63 and Anquan Boldin ran a 4.72 at the combine and not on their faster home tracks. The thing all three of these guys have in common?? they all are physical recievers who can get off jams at the line of scrimmage and who run great routes with great hands.

I've been watching him and marcus monk a lot over the last year or two and he is leaps and bounds better than monk and would be an asset on our team. I would emplore everyone to look at more things about the guy than just his 40 time, because we could miss out on a lot of solid players.

yeah but Joe...speed is the number one asset any football player can have. That's why Michael Bennett is the best running back in the NFL.

but he lacks the bulk, strength, and explosive burst that Burress brings to the game.

Ummm, so what exactly does he have just height?

They want to get someone who's so tall that he's the only one who can get high enough for Chad's endzone fade.

Most places (including the Hoosiers' website) have him listed at 6'7". Scored a motherload of touchdowns. Don't know how high he'd get drafted exactly, but certainly an interesting prospect.

Hardy said he hasnt ran an official 40 since his before his freshman season at IU. From what I've seen on this kid, he was IU's #1 target, he has great height, good hands, and he's a pretty good jumper on top of that.

Not quite sure about his flat out speed, but TBH its not too often that a WR has to run straight for 40 yards anyway. He plays fast enough to get the job done as a #2 or #3 WR in the NFL.

I wonder if people truly ask themselves how many 40-yard plays they honestly expect out of any player in a season. Not that it isn't great when it happens, but a GREAT WR will be hard-pressed to have one every other game. A (merely) good one maybe once every few games. Seriously expecting a 40-yard play every game (or even in most games) is delusional.

I just want him fast (or QUICK) enough to get open. A guy that size is tough enough to bring down on the fly anyway once he's past the front-seven. On most plays, a quick juke will get a receiver open WAY more often than a 0.2-second difference on a straight-line 40 yard dash. I mean, can Wes Welker run a sub-4.6 even with shorts & track shoes on?

And it's not only how fast they accelerate, but also how fast they DEcelerate. If he can run near full speed & stop dead in his tracks & turn (or make an equally quick cut), he'll be open plenty.

It's a hell of a lot harder to teach a guy to be 6'7" tall or have great hands at game-speed.

I wonder if people truly ask themselves how many 40-yard plays they honestly expect out of any player in a season. Not that it isn't great when it happens, but a GREAT WR will be hard-pressed to have one every other game. A (merely) good one maybe once every few games. Seriously expecting a 40-yard play every game (or even in most games) is delusional.

I just want him fast (or QUICK) enough to get open. A guy that size is tough enough to bring down on the fly anyway once he's past the front-seven. On most plays, a quick juke will get a receiver open WAY more often than a 0.2-second difference on a straight-line 40 yard dash. I mean, can Wes Welker run a sub-4.6 even with shorts & track shoes on?

And it's not only how fast they accelerate, but also how fast they DEcelerate. If he can run near full speed & stop dead in his tracks & turn (or make an equally quick cut), he'll be open plenty.

It's a hell of a lot harder to teach a guy to be 6'7" tall or have great hands at game-speed.

Sperm..your posters if they dont like him will just think of a bunch of tall recievers that were busts and then compare him to them.. without even playing one down in the NFL..

At the East-West Shrine game the talking heads couldn't shut-up about James Hardy... Even Vermeil sang his praises.

The kicker: Hardy didn't even play in that game.

The kid has talent. He'll be gone late 1st so we don't have to worry about it.

Where he goes in the draft will depend on his combine performance. He may or may not be there for the Jets at #36. If he runs faster than expected then he will be a first round pick, otherwise he can slip to the Jets. There are a few receivers in his general class and guys like Sweed and and Kelly are right now ahead of him.

Red zone offense is a huge problem for the Jets. Hardy would help.

Archived