OT Jake Long - Combine

BP

OT Jake Long - combine

NFL | Long performs 37 repetitions on bench press

Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:16:54 -0800

The NFL Network reports University of Michigan OT Jake Long completed 37 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press at the NFL Scouting Combine. He led all offensive lineman in the bench press.

:animal0026:

His performance yesterday made him a top 4 pick....he is gone Jets fans

I'm not sure. The only team I could see taking him are the Rams from that group and they may take one of the top D-lineman that are available. Until Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, Chris Long, Matt Ryan and Darren McFadden have posted their results you can't be sure.

From everything I have read McFadden is dropping big time..some do not even have him as the best back

He's dropping but not that badly IMO. I still think he'll be the first back taken unless Mendenhall really shows him up at the combine.

He'll definetly go in the top 10 IMO regardless of what happens.

The guy is a beast. I never understood when their were rumblings starting that he may not be able to play Left Tackle in the NFL. The guy was a stone wall, for the most part, at Michigan and will be the next Joe Thomas. He no longer is going to be a possibility at 6. The guy may not see the second pick.

he could be a top 10 guy but do not think the Jets will be taking him at 6...too many rumblings about this guy. Between Mendenhall and Stewart teams are not going to splurge to get him.

Too many rumblings by NFL team scouts. For the same reasons I have been stating here pre-combine. He's not the end-all, future HOF'er that some would have me believe. He's just the pre-combine incredible college player who's pretty shifty (though not incredibly so) & runs like the wind.

Pre-combine in particular, if only one overrated prospect like that comes out in any given year, it's an anomaly.

The guy is a beast. I never understood when their were rumblings starting that he may not be able to play Left Tackle in the NFL. The guy was a stone wall, for the most part, at Michigan and will be the next Joe Thomas. He no longer is going to be a possibility at 6. The guy may not see the second pick.

agree,, the 2 longs are quickly becoming the stars of the draft

people see what they want to see - if the rams take him at 2 with their pick, that's their bad. Jake Long is a possibly great right tackle but will get beat by edge rushers who play right defensive end. the bench press wasn't never a concern, it was the 3-cone and shuttle, im not sure he's dispelled those concerns about balance and feet.

by the way Long was supposed to run a 4.75 according to all the sites. 5.1 is very very good but not necessarily top 5 skillset. will he be on the board when the Jets pick, it would be unlikely but not impossible.

people see what they want to see - if the rams take him at 2 with their pick, that's their bad. Jake Long is a possibly great right tackle but will get beat by edge rushers who play right defensive end. the bench press wasn't never a concern, it was the 3-cone and shuttle, im not sure he's dispelled those concerns about balance and feet.

by the way Long was supposed to run a 4.75 according to all the sites. 5.1 is very very good but not necessarily top 5 skillset. will he be on the board when the Jets pick, it would be unlikely but not impossible.

Didn't Brick run a 5.1?

Still don't know why anyone cares what a lineman's straightaway-in-shorts, 40-yard dash time is.

What kind of O-lineman runs a 4.75???

I'm pretty sure D'Brick and Joe Thomas did not.

Archived