Jets interested in T Flozell Adams

jetfan4hire

It would be interesting to see if the Jets were interested in signing him to play Right Tackle or to play Left Tackle and to move Ferguson to the right side. I know many would be against that, including myself, but you can't throw that chance out the window.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be interesting to see if the Jets were interested in signing him to play Right Tackle or to play Left Tackle and to move Ferguson to the right side. I know many would be against that, including myself, but you can't throw that chance out the window.

As Spermy mentioned earlier, it would be great to have such a delimma though.

More rumors re the Jets(draftdaddy.com).......

*Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long's interviews have been as impressive as his workouts so far. Look for him to get folks in slots 1 to 4 thinking a bit more

*Most think the New York Giants victory will lead to a mad rush on defensive lineman early in the draft, but we hear the St. Louis Rams are very pleasantly surprised with what they have seen and what they've heard from Jake Long. The Kansas City Chiefs wont like that news.

*Michigan State's 2-way star (TE/DE) Kellen Davis' interview with a 3-4 team was interesting. He was asked defensive questions, even though he is grouped into the tight end group. Apparently this A.F.C. East franchise, which runs the 3-4 base defense, thinks his versatility is a key and they wanted to know if he would do some outside linebacker position workouts at his pro day since he wont be doing them here.

*Rutgers' offensive lineman Jeremy Zuttah's interviews have also been going very well. One A.F.C. North G.M. who interviewed him Friday night said he specifically asked him a question right at the beginning to throw this kid off. He questioned his ability to play tackle or guard at the next level and told him several reasons why he felt that way and asked him how he could overcome it to make himself a player? Zuttah, without hesitation, said that no offensive lineman in this draft plays with more effort and "want to" than him and that if this G.M. drafted him he'd work extremely hard to become a pro bowl center. His remarks shocked the G.M. and he went on to say it was one of the better interviews he has seen. He also mentioned that he felt Jeremy's best spot may actually be center.

*The best combine so far is between Jake Long and Purdue tight end Dustin Keller. And they've both really impressed with their interviews. But the real talk in the first level of the stands from every G.M. and coach is the offensive line. No team has told us that the offensive line class is weak. The same is true for the running backs....Many scouts and execs, however, think wide receiver is the most overrated position here in Indy.

*The running backs that have started to impress before workouts are Jonathan Stewart, Justin Forsett and Mike Hart. Hart, in particular, is described as ready to go right away. His interviews have shown he already knows pass protections and he may be ready to make an impact for his team very quickly....Stewart seems very fluid catching the ball and Arkansas' Darren McFadden seems very defensive about his ability to catch the ball in interviews. Some of this is clearly gamesmanship by the teams hoping to make him work out, but it has rubbed others the wrong way.

*Notre Dame safety Tom Zbikowski was apparently challenged on the board by a teams defensive coordinator and ridden real hard. After the questions and answers the DC told him he was not satisfied and was left with questions about his ability to cover the receiver he showed the safety on a film. Tommy Z's response was if he could not cover that particular wide receiver, he would knock the crap out of him to break the ball free. And, Z. said if the coach really did not think he could do it, he would be more than happy to show the other three teams in his division he could and would. Good Stuff by the kid from Chicago.

*Texas running back Jamaal Charles had a rough go of it with the interviews. Some teams threw up film of him and asked about protections and he had a lot of trouble. This could be clear evidence that tells you if you draft him, don't expect him to do much until his second season, at least.

*Veteran defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is trade bait and many 4-3 teams are lining up. Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Buffalo, and the New York Jets are all interested. Best offer so far is a 4th rounder.

*Tennesse has tried to shop troubled cornerback Adam Jones here and there is apparently no interested parties, which could mean his N.F.L. career is over. Many have said that they expect him to remain suspended for the entire upcoming season

*The other elite cornerback being shopped here is DeAngelo Hall and it appears there are now about 10 suitors for him. Talks between Atlanta and Detroit have heated up in a Rogers for Hall swap.

*The New York Jets' front office has denied any possible trades with Jacksonville for Laveranues Coles, but they clearly are shopping young linebacker Jonathan Vilma in Indianapolis. Interest in Vilma has been low, however, due to his troubled knee

*Same thing is true with Denver Broncos' wide receiver Javon Walker. Plus, Walker's attitude has also set him back

*Arizona is still out looking for trading partners for wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. They've had six teams very interested, with only two having serious cap room to make it possible. It seems the stumbling block is getting Fitz' to pay back some bonus money to make the trade a bit more cap friendly for Arizona, which is in dire need of cap space.

*The availability of wide receiver Roy Williams is also in hot debate with Jacksonville, Tennessee, Tampa Bay and New Orleans all interested. The Lions are looking for a second round pick and have told several clubs they would even consider a pick in next years' draft to get a deal done.

Lame. What happened to the hair pulling days of yester-year? Anyway, welcome aboard JetsHgalfan
I never, ever did that. Ever. I did, however, do this....!

sfig29.jpg

Get with the program.

After I posted, I noticed the 2005... Um, congratulations on your 14th post (???)
It's not the quantity, it's the quality!

Back to football. When is the home opener? I have a wedding to go to in September (:bag:), and if it isn't the day of the home opener, I'll eat my fedora hat.

There is NO excuse not to get this guy. NONE.

I'll be furious if we don't get him with the bidding so low. We don't even need to redo his contract with a new SB as he's signed for the next 3 seasons (at a high salary, but not $10M/yr insanity). Let him play out the year & see how fat & lazy he is. Well worth the risk of at least round better than a 4th considering our desperation at the position.

I'll be furious if we don't get him with the bidding so low. We don't even need to redo his contract with a new SB as he's signed for the next 3 seasons (at a high salary, but not $10M/yr insanity). Let him play out the year & see how fat & lazy he is. Well worth the risk of at least round better than a 4th considering our desperation at the position.

We gave up a friggin 2nd round pick for JUSTIN MCUSELESS for god's sake.

Can you say "d-rob, pack your bags?".

Even if we pick up rogers, i still fully expect us to pick up a linemen like Flozell, and draft a Dre Moore type player. Grabbing two quality linemen in FA would be a huge success for this FO.

We gave up a friggin 2nd round pick for JUSTIN MCUSELESS for god's sake.

No f'ing sh*t.

We gave an upper 2nd-round pick for McCareins, AND JMac also needed a new contract.

We gave up the value of a 3rd rounder for Thomas Jones, AND Jones also needed a new contract.

Hell we even gave the value of a 3rd rounder for Doug Jolley & a couple of hours later threw around a 2nd-round pick like it had so little value, that we used it take a f'ing ROOKIE KICKER.

But a pro-bowl DT with the size for the 3-4 where we right now have absolutely nothing (other than gobs of cap room)? And he's probably ours for a 3rd-rounder (or even our high 4th with a little padding)? This is something to THINK ABOUT???

Christ -- throw DRob in there at them WITH a 4th so they even get back a talented, experienced starter who is NOT a locker-room cancer.

What the hell is the problem here? What's the worst that can happen? Rogers is a bust, we lost a 3rd-round pick on him, and we give up a player like DRob who we're not keeping around anyway? This is not worth Rogers' considerable upside?

Can you say "d-rob, pack your bags?".

Even if we pick up rogers, i still fully expect us to pick up a linemen like Flozell, and draft a Dre Moore type player. Grabbing two quality linemen in FA would be a huge success for this FO.

I wouldn't cry over a 3-man line of Ellis/Moore - Rogers - Coleman for a year & then dump/trade Ellis next year.

Stop getting so uppity. That "rumor" obviously isn't so well sorted out. It lists us as among the "4-3 teams" interested. With so many teams in the bidding it's pretty obvious that it's only in the preliminary stages. Also, don't forget your pet peeve: who says Rogers will come here and play hard at his current $5M salary? Let's make sure he doesn't require another $15M bonus and renegotiation before we get all fired up.

No f'ing sh*t.

We gave an upper 2nd-round pick for McCareins, AND JMac also needed a new contract.

We gave up the value of a 3rd rounder for Thomas Jones, AND Jones also needed a new contract.

Hell we even gave the value of a 3rd rounder for Doug Jolley & a couple of hours later threw around a 2nd-round pick like it had so little value, that we used it take a f'ing ROOKIE KICKER.

How can you get a vet kicker in the draft? ;)

No f'ing sh*t.

But a pro-bowl DT with the size for the 3-4 where we right now have absolutely nothing (other than gobs of cap room)? And he's probably ours for a 3rd-rounder (or even our high 4th with a little padding)? This is something to THINK ABOUT???

Christ -- throw DRob in there at them WITH a 4th so they even get back a talented, experienced starter who is NOT a locker-room cancer.

What the hell is the problem here? What's the worst that can happen? Rogers is a bust, we lost a 3rd-round pick on him, and we give up a player like DRob who we're not keeping around anyway? This is not worth Rogers' considerable upside?

I'm starting to think most Jets fans enjoy the idea of having garbage at the Nose Tackle position. They like the undersized variety like D-Rob or the scrubs like Pouha and Mosely.

Until the Jets get a real Nose Tackle this 3-4 defense will never work here.

I'm starting to think most Jets fans enjoy the idea of having garbage at the Nose Tackle position. They like the undersized variety like D-Rob or the scrubs like Pouha and Mosely.

Until the Jets get a real Nose Tackle this 3-4 defense will never work here.

I know. It's not like this hasn't been a pressing need for awhile. Are they blind or is it all of us?

I know. It's not like this hasn't been a pressing need for awhile. Are they blind or is it all of us?

More arrogant than blind. In '06 Mangini had pretty much no choice he had to start Robertson at Nose after he'd passed up Ngata and Watson in the draft. After the '06 season Mangini let all the media acclaim get to his head and was probably convinced D-Rob was his NT for the future.

There is no point to watching next year's games if the Jets don't do something serious about solving the NT problem. Do you want to watch Pouha/Mosely get slaughtered on a weekly basis next year? I don't.

Archived