WHOH!!!

Favorite_Toon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the person that said this was like Chad Pennington, I agree. People were basically saying because Chad has a weak arm he must be better at everything else than everyone else, then continuing the logical nightmare went on to say you don't need a strong arm because Ryan Leaf. I mean that was basically it.

Now we got that if McFadden is fast he must suck, and you can't use speed in the NFL.

Seeing as how the Chad argument has turned out, and seeing as it looks like a lot of the Chad supporters have now switched to bashing McFadden, maybe we should just play the odds and go with McFadden, and dare to finally have a playmaker on this team.

Oh, and your O-line is always going to suck if you need to blow a top 6 pick every frikkin year just to build an average one. Convential wisdom is to get the skill guys in place first because they're really tough to get, and then find the O-line guys later on in the drafts and then supplement with late first round picks every once in awhile. That's what the Cowboys did in the 90s with Aikman, the Colts with Peyton Manning and Edge, the Chargers with LT, and you can even make a case with the Giants, with Eli costing not one but 2 first round picks.

If you want to mention the Patriots I'm just gonna tell you they cheated, so don't even go there.

Speaking of good combine results, I was just reading some updates on the combine and found this on brad cottom. (Martellus Bennett is also having a very good combine for himself)

1. Brad Cottam, TE, Tennessee

Measured in at almost 6-8 and 271 pounds, ran a 4.63 40 and had a vertical leap of 33 inches. Cottam also put up 225 pounds 24 times, which is outstanding for a long-limbed gentleman. Now that's a red zone target.

For the person that said this was like Chad Pennington, I agree. People were basically saying because Chad has a weak arm he must be better at everything else than everyone else, then continuing the logical nightmare went on to say you don't need a strong arm because Ryan Leaf. I mean that was basically it.

Now we got that if McFadden is fast he must suck, and you can't use speed in the NFL.

Seeing as how the Chad argument has turned out, and seeing as it looks like a lot of the Chad supporters have now switched to bashing McFadden, maybe we should just play the odds and go with McFadden, and dare to finally have a playmaker on this team.

Oh, and your O-line is always going to suck if you need to blow a top 6 pick every frikkin year just to build an average one. Convential wisdom is to get the skill guys in place first because they're really tough to get, and then find the O-line guys later on in the drafts and then supplement with late first round picks every once in awhile. That's what the Cowboys did in the 90s with Aikman, the Colts with Peyton Manning and Edge, the Chargers with LT, and you can even make a case with the Giants, with Eli costing not one but 2 first round picks.

If you want to mention the Patriots I'm just gonna tell you they cheated, so don't even go there.

I'm disregarding Aikmen and Manning because they are QBs and we aren't in the situation to need to grab one this year. I understand that you can get the skill position players first, but i just don't think mcfadden is the same type of all around prospect that LT and Edge were. I personally think mendenhall is the best all around back and I wouldn't even take him with our pick, but I'm not a proponent of taking RBs that high.

I'm disregarding Aikmen and Manning because they are QBs and we aren't in the situation to need to grab one this year. I understand that you can get the skill position players first, but i just don't think mcfadden is the same type of all around prospect that LT and Edge were. I personally think mendenhall is the best all around back and I wouldn't even take him with our pick, but I'm not a proponent of taking RBs that high.

I agree that Mendenhall could indeed end being the best back (not fully convinced). he kind of reminds me of Joseph Addai.

I still think DMC has more potential to be superstar though.

DARREN McFADDEN IS FAST

So much for Darren McFadden's draft stock falling.

Sure, there will be concerns about off-field issues and other such nonsense. But speed blurs not only the eye but also the mind. And given that McFadden ran the 40-yard dash in 4.27 seconds on Sunday at the Scouting Combine, he'll be holding a jersey not very long into the draft-day proceedings in April.

It's an extremely impressive time, and it will only result in more comparisons to guys like Adrian Peterson and other speed-burning backs of the present and the past.

DARREN McFADDEN IS FAST

Sure, there will be concerns about off-field issues and other such nonsense. But speed blurs not only the eye but also the mind. And given that McFadden ran the 40-yard dash in 4.27 seconds on Sunday at the Scouting Combine, he'll be holding a jersey not very long into the draft-day proceedings in April.

It's an extremely impressive time, and it will only result in more comparisons to guys like Adrian Peterson and other speed-burning backs of the present and the past.

Except he didn't run a 4.27, he ran a 4.33. Chris JOhnson ran an official 4.24 go copy and paste every article about him for us if ya want.

Yes he is fast, but all these speed times aren't doing anything to negate the notion that some of us have that he isn't a strong enough runner to get the tough yards and you won't ever convince us until we see him play in the NFL.

DARREN McFADDEN IS FAST

He ran a 4.33 and wasn't the fastest there.

Still very impressive though.

Chris Johnson was rumored to been redshirted with a bad neck so DMC is still number one

word is Jerry Jones got up and left after the 4.27 run (yes now 4.33) - that's all he needed to see

Jerry Jones thinking about trading a pick for deangelo hall, doesn't want to pick at 22 and 28. he sees DMC at his alma mater. JJ doesn't need to tell anyone to go get a player he tells himself. now the buzz is starting up about the 1 deal to Dal again. stay tuned...

DMC isn't a traditional player but he's best SEC RB since Bo Jackson and Hershal Walker. the boys don't have a ton of needs and are opening a new stadium. Jerry Jones (and the league) will sell a million DMC jerseys. :character0282:

Chris Johnson was rumored to been redshirted with a bad neck so DMC is still number one

word is Jerry Jones got up and left after the 4.27 run (yes now 4.33) - that's all he needed to see

Jerry Jones thinking about trading a pick for deangelo hall, doesn't want to pick at 22 and 28. he sees DMC at his alma mater. JJ doesn't need to tell anyone to go get a player he tells himself. now the buzz is starting up about the 1 deal to Dal again. stay tuned...

DMC isn't a traditional player but he's best SEC RB since Bo Jackson and Hershal Walker. the boys don't have a ton of needs and are opening a new stadium. Jerry Jones (and the league) will sell a million DMC jerseys. :character0282:

Please let that not happen... please let the jets get a guy like that finally on our team..

First Quincy Carter now this. Dallas will be back in the basement in no time at this rate.

First Quincy Carter now this. Dallas will be back in the basement in no time at this rate.

That's right, old Quincy was Jerry's personnal pick. :biggrin: What he pick him like 3-4 rounds ahead of where he was projected? At least Carter got us a valuable win over Cleveland and we made the playoffs under Herm one year.

Except he didn't run a 4.27, he ran a 4.33. Chris JOhnson ran an official 4.24 go copy and paste every article about him for us if ya want.

Yes he is fast, but all these speed times aren't doing anything to negate the notion that some of us have that he isn't a strong enough runner to get the tough yards and you won't ever convince us until we see him play in the NFL.

Cuz when I need the tough yards, I give the ball to Barry Sanders. To a lesser extent LT is the same.

Your franchise guy probably isn't supposed to push the pile and be the short yardage back. That'll probably be what kills LJ more than anything else even.

Cuz when I need the tough yards, I give the ball to Barry Sanders. To a lesser extent LT is the same.

Your franchise guy probably isn't supposed to push the pile and be the short yardage back. That'll probably be what kills LJ more than anything else even.

I agree 100%! I don't know why everyone thinks that running backs, even ones taken so high, have to be able to do EVERYTHING perfectly.

I agree 100%! I don't know why everyone thinks that running backs, even ones taken so high, have to be able to do EVERYTHING perfectly.

Probably because every year RB's are selected in the second half of round 1 or rounds 2 and 3 that CAN do everything well.

Archived