Pursuing Faneca

SteveNap

I've heard two major rumors that either the browns or saints have a contract agreement in place, which is good becuase neither of them are us. From everything I heard the jets were planning on going after andrews hard and now are falling back on faneca; i hope its not a desperation move and they actually beleive he can be worth the money.

I've heard two major rumors that either the browns or saints have a contract agreement in place, which is good becuase neither of them are us. From everything I heard the jets were planning on going after andrews hard and now are falling back on faneca; i hope its not a desperation move and they actually beleive he can be worth the money.

I heard that too. Funny though, they play different positions on the line. Makes it seem like we're only going after 1 of those 2 openings with a big name FA, and will probably fall back on a lesser FA with the other.

I heard that too. Funny though, they play different positions on the line. Makes it seem like we're only going after 1 of those 2 openings with a big name FA, and will probably fall back on a lesser FA with the other.

You think so? This is a strong year for OTs... This might be a sign of our 2nd round pick.

I doubt they'd risk going to the draft without a capable player at LG and RT this year. After the mistake they made last year, to mess up again would cost them big.

No way can they hit the draft with those two holes to fill. That would be beyond bad. Heres to hoping they learned from last year!

learn from mistakes...hmm like if you throw a certain pass and it always gets picked off, keep calling it? or if a player who has been a first round bust has an exceptional year in his contract year buyer beware? or if an owner who is only in the NFL to make money you cannot be surprised that the only thing he has been successful at is making money?

learn from mistakes...hmm like if you throw a certain pass and it always gets picked off, keep calling it? or if a player who has been a first round bust has an exceptional year in his contract year buyer beware? or if an owner who is only in the NFL to make money you cannot be surprised that the only thing he has been successful at is making money?

I think all that about our owner changed when the Giants won the SB.

I doubt they'd risk going to the draft without a capable player at LG and RT this year. After the mistake they made last year, to mess up again would cost them big.

What I am saying is: that is all the more reason to go after Faneca, then spend a really high pick in the draft on the other OL spot. I doubt they can get Faneca and a pricey RT like Adams.

If they could pull that off, I doubt you'd hear any complaints from Jets Camp.

What I am saying is: that is all the more reason to go after Faneca, then spend a really high pick in the draft on the other OL spot. I doubt they can get Faneca and a pricey RT like Adams.

i'd be a bit upset. Much rather take one of the many good to great offensive tackles in this draft. It seems we are in a great position to grab one at the top of the second. That's my hope anyway.

What they're probably going to do is hopefully sign Faneca, then get a lower priced T in FA so they at least have 2 capable starters in case the guys they want to draft arent around when we pick.

Flozell AdamsCowboysUFA

Maurice WilliamsJaguarsUFA

Kwame Harris49ersV-UFA

Jason FabiniRedskinsUFA

Brandon GorinRamsUFA

Cornell GreenRaidersUFA

Stockar McDougleJaguarsUFA

Mike RosenthalDolphinsUFA

Todd SteussieRamsUFA

Barry StokesLionsUFA

Trai EssexSteelersRFA

Cory LekkerkerkerDolphinsRFA

Daniel LoperTitansRFA

David StewartTitansRFA

Will SvitekKansas CityRFA

Nat DorseyBrownsUFA

Chad SlaughterRamsV-UFA

Who do you suggest? Note I've seperated them into groups.

Flozell AdamsCowboysUFA

Maurice WilliamsJaguarsUFA

Kwame Harris49ersV-UFA

Jason FabiniRedskinsUFA

Brandon GorinRamsUFA

Cornell GreenRaidersUFA

Stockar McDougleJaguarsUFA

Mike RosenthalDolphinsUFA

Todd SteussieRamsUFA

Barry StokesLionsUFA

Trai EssexSteelersRFA

Cory LekkerkerkerDolphinsRFA

Daniel LoperTitansRFA

David StewartTitansRFA

Will SvitekKansas CityRFA

Nat DorseyBrownsUFA

Chad SlaughterRamsV-UFA

Who do you suggest? Note I've seperated them into groups.

I think we can eliminate Jason Fabini off our list. ;)

Haha!! Yes, this FO/CS has not shown an ability to learn from mistakes or to adjust when something they didn't expect happens...over an entire season. How are they going to adjust to Andrews being off the market when that was their plan, and they don't have a year to come up with another one?

Hey it's a team effort, it's not Clark or Clemente's fault, the entire team has to step up! A switch on the O-line won't change anything! We like what those two are doing, they are smart heady players! But that Baker and that Leon Washington, they are the problems, clearly, so they must be punished.

They didn't go into last year's draft with those two glaring holes to fill. Kendall was still here and just waiting for his bump. They didn't get a guard in FA or the draft AND THEN elected to ditch Kendall. That's what made it so stupid. FWIW, I don't think there are any lower priced/level OTs that can be considered "capable starters".

They didn't go into last year's draft with those two glaring holes to fill. Kendall was still here and just waiting for his bump. They didn't get a guard in FA or the draft AND THEN elected to ditch Kendall. That's what made it so stupid. FWIW, I don't think there are any lower priced/level OTs that can be considered "capable starters".

If they were low-priced AND "capable starters" they wouldn't have hit free agency; their prior team would have signed them or traded them away for even a lower draft pick over the past month.

"Word around the league" is that the Jets have already negotiated a deal for free agent Alan Faneca that would guarantee him about $20 million.

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat makes it clear that this is a rumor, but the Jets are known to be after Faneca. The Jets are still trying to replace LG Pete Kendall. They probably should've bucked up and paid him last summer.

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

That's funny because I was bitching about this before the draft last offseason. Clearly I saw a problem. I believe at least 2 other people did too. I don't remember who though. They obviously DID have a problem. Kendall wouldn't have helped much either, he was on serious decline and is too small.

Archived