Faneca a jet on friday?

Bravejamriot

Neil O'Donnell that was the WORST signing ever I think in Jets history.

I think he was talking about Kimo. Also that makes me think about another problem with this. The Steelers as a franchise are very good at knowing when to get rid of their old players who are on the decline. Very often when they leave they do nowhere near as well.

Does anyone else remember the last time we overpaid for a Steeler because it was a glaring need?

That didn't work out too well for us.

LMAO!!! why the hell do you have to bring up something from the Kotite years. That whole mess left some of us scarred for life. O' Donnell was a bust in NY, but you need to remember who the coach was when he was brought here. Mangini may suck but not that bad.

LMAO!!! why the hell do you have to bring up something from the Kotite years. That whole mess left some of us scarred for life. O' Donnell was a bust in NY, but you need to remember who the coach was when he was brought here. Mangini may suck but not that bad.

I remember everything and Neil O'Donnell and Kimo were both Pittsburgh Steelers thats what kind of scares me.I hope Faneca doesnt turn out the same way.

More in part I think we are signing Faneca for his experience over his ability.

I doubt he will ever be up to the level he was two or three years ago, but putting him in between two young players entering their third year, he will help them develop even further than having the human turnstile between the two of them.

Also, Faneca wanted out of Pittsburg when they wouldnt give him the extension he wanted, what that says, I dont know, but I think it plays some factor in it all.

I remember everything and Neil O'Donnell and Kimo were both Pittsburgh Steelers thats what kind of scares me.I hope Faneca doesnt turn out the same way.

Kimo was really old when the Jets signed him, 36 i think,.

O'Donnell, it should have been a telling sign when he chocked big time in the Super Bowl he wasnt any good.

I dont think Faneca will ever be back to the level we expect, but we are left at a disadvantage having a huge need of any talent and more importantly experience on the left side of the line.

If this is true, along with the Dewayne Robertson and a 5th for Shaun Rogers rumor, this offseason will start off with an A+++. The Jets would be making a GREAT move by bringing in Faneca and it would quiet down people who have bashed the Tangini era for not going after high priced, high quality players and opting for the second or third tier players. Would also quiet down the season ticket holders, such as myself, that are angry about a price increase after a 4-12 season.

SIGN FANECA!

If this is true, along with the Dewayne Robertson and a 5th for Shaun Rogers rumor, this offseason will start off with an A+++. The Jets would be making a GREAT move by bringing in Faneca and it would quiet down people who have bashed the Tangini era for not going after high priced, high quality players and opting for the second or third tier players. Would also quiet down the season ticket holders, such as myself, that are angry about a price increase after a 4-12 season.

SIGN FANECA!

You have over 18,000 posts. Nothing will ever shut you up.

I think he was talking about Kimo. Also that makes me think about another problem with this. The Steelers as a franchise are very good at knowing when to get rid of their old players who are on the decline. Very often when they leave they do nowhere near as well.

What choice do we have?

SIGN FANECA!

I dont care who they sign or trade for it wont quiet me down about the ticket price increase.Until they start winning.Ticket price increases are WRONG.

I'd rather the Jets draft a mauler like Branden Albert or Gosder Cherilus and move him inside to Guard. Faneca did not look very good last year. Remember the Jets game when he got schooled by D-Rob of all people?

This isn't as bad as the Thomas Jones deal b/c Faneca is a more valuable player but our FA money should be going to someone younger.

You're funny, thinking we need only one guard upgrade.

You're funny, thinking we need only one guard upgrade.

And so the hatred of Brandon Moore continues. :rolleyes:

Moore is solid at Right Guard. Not great, but not terrible either. The Offensive Lineman will be just fine if they're able to sign Faneca and draft a player like Cherlius early in Round 2. Just fine indeed. Moore will play better as the Tackle next to him improves.

And so the hatred of Brandon Moore continues. :rolleyes:

Moore is solid at Right Guard. Not great, but not terrible either. The Offensive Lineman will be just fine if they're able to sign Faneca and draft a player like Cherlius early in Round 2. Just fine indeed. Moore will play better as the Tackle next to him improves.

We need less Moore.

Anyone will play "better" with better talent around him as opposed to lesser talent. Hey, he's not the worst guard in the league, and the price is certainly right, but we can do a hell of a lot better. If a RT and LG alone suddenly give us a dominant OL, then I'll happily eat my words. I have nothing against the guy other than his mediocrity.

SIGN FANECA!

Good post. We are a grumpy bunch and we need some good news. This would be amazing news.

Personally Sperm, I believe if the Jets are able to get four very good players starting along the line (Ferguson and Mangold being the first of the two right now) than Moore will be just fine at Right Guard. Like I said, nothing special, nothing horrible. He's decent. Decent can win with talent around him. No need to be chasing after two guards this offseason.

Not at Tackle, I'd try him at TE

a_elliot_i.jpg

Man does that pic bring back some awful, awful memories. :bag:

Back on topic. Faneca would be a solid pickup for u guys. A bit overpriced, but with a thin market, teams will be forced to overpay. (like Miami did with Porter last year). I would love him in a Finz uni. even at that price. If its true...kudos.

I don't mind Moore too much TBH. he has all the tools to be a great guard and really does show flashes of greatness (watch him early in the Philly game this season). He's just way too inconsistent. Hopefully he can just focus more this season, because the potential really is there.

Man does that pic bring back some awful, awful memories. :bag:

Back on topic. Faneca would be a solid pickup for u guys. A bit overpriced, but with a thin market, teams will be forced to overpay. (like Miami did with Porter last year). I would love him in a Finz uni. even at that price. If its true...kudos.

Faneca for us though is a lot better a pickup than Porter was for yoy guys IMO. Not only because I think Faneca's a more effective player but also because Porter was just not suited to play for you guys.

Personally Sperm, I believe if the Jets are able to get four very good players starting along the line (Ferguson and Mangold being the first of the two right now) than Moore will be just fine at Right Guard. Like I said, nothing special, nothing horrible. He's decent. Decent can win with talent around him. No need to be chasing after two guards this offseason.

If Moore was by far the weakest link on the line, then our line would be more than good enough. I would agree with that.

Why not try the Nuge at RT?

Not at Tackle, I'd try him at TE

a_elliot_i.jpg

Faneca for us though is a lot better a pickup than Porter was for yoy guys IMO. Not only because I think Faneca's a more effective player but also because Porter was just not suited to play for you guys.

Hopefully that will change this year with a new scheme, and coaches.

If Moore was by far the weakest link on the line, then our line would be more than good enough. I would agree with that.

Because Mangini knows that his value at Wide Receiver and Quarterback is far better than it would be at Right Tackle. Placing Nuge at RT would be a waste of his skills at the Quarterback position.

Because Mangini knows that his value at Wide Receiver and Quarterback is far better than it would be at Right Tackle. Placing Nuge at RT would be a waste of his skills at the Quarterback position.

Plus Nuge is better suited to play center and we already have a pretty good center on our team.

How about Maurice Williams? Played tackle and guard at Jax, and is pretty nimble on his feet still and is still a FA I think.

Good would be a massive improvement spermy. They left themselves no choice but to overpay for him.

Sadly I believe you're right.

When you're rebuilding the entire OL, like we started to in '06, you can't take a "year off" from the process. We did exactly that in '07. Which did two things: (1) contributed big-time to the mess on the field last year, and (2) creates enormous desperation in '08. If we'd "only" added one starting guard or one starting tackle last year, there would be only 1 position of "desperation" to fill along the line this year. That could be filled with a draft pick. Now we need to hunt for a free agent - an EXPENSIVE one, since the line was so awful - AND address it in the draft.

The only saving grace is by next year's off-season there should be only one position to address & that would be Moore's (whether to pay his $5M roster bonus or draft a new player).

After that, we can fill those positions one by one with mid-late round draft picks. But because we're in this situation, it needs FAST fixes. That means not trying to find our new, immediate starters from bargain-hunting in FA (like Clarke/Montgomery/Clement) or from 6th-round Jacob Benders.

Once a line is IN place, this truly does become easier for us. Then you can draft projects like Bender & not really care if it takes 2 years for them to "get it" well enough to be an effective starter, without killing your team for those 2 years.

Archived