Play Along...What If the Jets...

Smizzy

Define 'enjoy'.

Getting back on topic :roll: . I would try to trade down in the 1st round to pick up extra choices. Let's just say we trade our #6 for Dallas's 2 first rounders plus we throw in what ever else we need to. With that 1st pick #22 I pick Vanderbilts OT Chris Williams or Jeff Otah OT (to play RT for us) from Pittsburgh. I really like Williams footwork a lot better than Otah after watching the combine drills. With the #28 pick I grab a CB. Either Antoine Cason from Arizona or Leodis McKelvin from Troy. At the top of the 2nd round I would target Texas DT Red Bryant or Iowa State's Athyba Rubin for NT to back up Rogers. In the later rounds I would target a WR and a guard like baseballs Dale Murphy's son Shawn Murphy . Shawn's 6'4" 320 from Utah State. Just sayin.....;)

Getting back on topic :roll: . I would try to trade down in the 1st round to pick up extra choices. Let's just say we trade our #6 for Dallas's 2 first rounders plus we throw in what ever else we need to. With that 1st pick #22 I pick Jeff Otah OT (to play RT for us) from Pittsburgh. With the #28 pick I grab a CB. Either Antoine Cason from Arizona or Leodis McKelvin from Troy. At the top of the 2nd round I would target Iowa State's Athyba Rubin for NT to back up Rogers. In the later rounds I would target a WR and a guard like baseballs Dale Murphy's son Shawn Murphy . Shawns 6'4" 320 from Utah State. Just sayin.....;)

Isn't that a little high for Rubin? I'm not sure where he's projected now, but I'd think Okam and Bryant should still be there and be higher rated.

Isn't that a little high for Rubin? I'm not sure where he's projected now, but I'd think Okam and Bryant should still be there and be higher rated.

Yeah I've got him rated probably higher than he should be. Bryant would be my 1st choice. I'm not opposed to taking a WR here either but I'm hoping we might pick someone up in FA .

Trade fo S.Rogers and Sign Faneca and Calvin Pace.( I know there is a better chance of Thor enjoying sex with a women but...I digress)

Who do you target in the draft?

They still need big time pass rush. I don't think Pace guarantees that. Anyway, the Jets LB corps sucks. I think they probably still want Gholston. If he is gone and they can trade down, then they look at Groves. Maybe Nicks. Top of the second, I think maybe Bryant. After that I want a WR. Their receiving corps sucks too.

Trade fo S.Rogers and Sign Faneca and Calvin Pace.( I know there is a better chance of Thor enjoying sex with a women but...I digress)

If the Jets sign Calvin Pace I'll be extremely hesitant about the move but...

You either then release Bryan Thomas and go after Vernon Gholston anyway (Gholston must be the one rushing the blindside, not Pace), OR if a release of Thomas isn't going to happen:

1. Trade down, stockpile picks

or

2. Trade up for Jake Long or take Boise State T Ryan Clady or Texas WR Limas Sweed (yes, I know, both at 6 are reaches)

If the Jets sign Calvin Pace I'll be extremely hesitant about the move but...

You either then release Bryan Thomas and go after Vernon Gholston anyway (Gholston must be the one rushing the blindside, not Pace), OR if a release of Thomas isn't going to happen:

1. Trade down, stockpile picks

or

2. Trade up for Jake Long or take Boise State T Ryan Clady or Texas WR Limas Sweed (yes, I know, both at 6 are reaches)

Oh how I'd love it if we released Bryan thomas. I'd be willing to take the cap hit that comes with it too.

Best Player Available, including a RB or CB. 2 positions we supposedly dont need to address.

Whoa... Football cant be your life right? haha i would enjoy signing all 3 guys more than most people in this room but to say more than sex with some hot chicks... NO WAY! haha

Maybe the Jets winning a superbowl yes but free agent signings lol come on haha

Archived