Thomas Jones is a happy man tonight.

NYjet10

TJ just got more yards and TDs thanks to Faneca. TJ should be penciled in for 1300 yards, and 10 TD's. One more solid OLmen in either FA(Damien Woody)or the draft(Gosder Cherilous) gives him a lot more yards and TD's.

A dream situation would be we get Woody, and Cherilous;)

I really hope Kellen wins it, because to me he is just so much more better and mobile. He throws the ball really hard and if he gets in trouble, he can actually run and not look like a faggot. All he needs to do is not keep the ball for so long though.

Because it took 310 carries to get that many. 3.6 ypc sucks.

If our line is decent in '08, he'll have a decent season.

That's what i'm trying to say. 3.6 sucks but i'm suprised he had that good. defenders in the back field constantly!

But he didn't have the same amount of carries!

I'm not disputing that Jones had it rough last year. But he didn't do that great even under the circumstances. When there was no room, a guy his size (220 lbs) should be able to bull-rush at least a little bit. He stutter-steps as though he's going to create his own lane by doing so. He doesn't take the sure yards often enough. He's not untalented, but he's nothing special.

IMO, with a short-yardage/goal-line back, Jones & Leon are more than adequate for a SB team if there's a good OL.

Leon Washington should seriously be starting over TJ next season. He is simply a better a player now.

I always hated hearing RB's like Jones & Martin saying how they needed those first 12-15 carries to get "warmed up" as an excuse for a sh*tty early dozen-plus carries. Go warm up on the sideline on an exercise bike. When you're warmed up, let the coach know and he'll put you in.

Whether Leon should be starting over him we don't know. It certainly looks that way. I could see if Jones was getting these sure 3-4 yards every carry as opposed to Leon who we'd see get nothing-nothing-nothing-20-nothing-nothing-nothing-20 (which would lead to a turnover on downs or punting on virtually every drive). But most of my recollection of Jones from '07 is lining up 7 yards back, running up the gut, and getting 2 yards -- not pushing the pile for an extra half yard or more, mind you. Just going as far as the hole allowed.

I think Leon can handle that. If he can't handle it for 20 touches per game, fine with me. I'm on board with splitting carries. I just don't consider 20 carries for Jones and 4 carries for Leon to be "splitting" them up.

I always hated hearing RB's like Jones & Martin saying how they needed those first 12-15 carries to get "warmed up" as an excuse for a sh*tty early dozen-plus carries. Go warm up on the sideline on an exercise bike. When you're warmed up, let the coach know and he'll put you in.

Whether Leon should be starting over him we don't know. It certainly looks that way. I could see if Jones was getting these sure 3-4 yards every carry as opposed to Leon who we'd see get nothing-nothing-nothing-20-nothing-nothing-nothing-20 (which would lead to a turnover on downs or punting on virtually every drive). But most of my recollection of Jones from '07 is lining up 7 yards back, running up the gut, and getting 2 yards -- not pushing the pile for an extra half yard or more, mind you. Just going as far as the hole allowed.

I think Leon can handle that. If he can't handle it for 20 touches per game, fine with me. I'm on board with splitting carries. I just don't consider 20 carries for Jones and 4 carries for Leon to be "splitting" them up.

A 50/50 split between Leon and TJ would benefit the Jets greatly next season. I doubt Mangini will do it because he's still probably eager to try to justify the TJ trade and giving him that big contract.

Just think, if we never traded for Thomas Jones the Jets would be looking at drafting McFadden right now.

A 50/50 split between Leon and TJ would benefit the Jets greatly next season. I doubt Mangini will do it because he's still probably eager to try to justify the TJ trade and giving him that big contract.

Just think, if we never traded for Thomas Jones the Jets would be looking at drafting McFadden right now.

Not necessarily. We might have won more than 4 games with Leon starting instead of Jones, lol.

lol He'll score ten touchdowns in ten seasons

He runs to the same hole on the goal line every time. Of course, that could be on the coaching. Or he stops at the hole. And hops and tries to change direction. He is not very fluid. That is on TJ.

I think if used right with this o-line the combo of Jones and Washington could be amazing.

I agree JF220. Leon is a scat back situational player with explosiveness! Let's put them in the back field together to confuse the D. They both can catch out of the backfield also!

For a man with a powerful frame TJ runs short yardage plays as if he were 120LB weakling. I think he is the softest big-man runner I have ever seen. Folks over on the Bears fan sites told us what we were getting (the good and the bad).

TJ is NFL middle-of-the-pack (at his best) and we are paying him like he is top-5. How very Jets-like of us.

Leon Washinton IMO is not a full time starter although they said the same about Tiki so I could be wrong there. TJ as I said is "OK" and since we have bigger needs elsewhere I am not advocating using a high pick on a running back in this draft. On the other hand if we catch lightning in a bottole in a lower round, especially in a draft supposedly loaded with RB talent, then TJ most certainly can be improved upon.

For a man with a powerful frame TJ runs short yardage plays as if he were 120LB weakling. I think he is the softest big-man runner I have ever seen. Folks over on the Bears fan sites told us what we were getting (the good and the bad).

TJ is NFL middle-of-the-pack (at his best) and we are paying him like he is top-5. How very Jets-like of us.

Leon Washinton IMO is not a full time starter although they said the same about Tiki so I could be wrong there. TJ as I said is "OK" and since we have bigger needs elsewhere I am not advocating using a high pick on a running back in this draft. On the other hand if we catch lightning in a bottole in a lower round, especially in a draft supposedly loaded with RB talent, then TJ most certainly can be improved upon.

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!!=D>

Great post bro!!!

Archived