WR Situation?

JetsFan220

I don't know whats gonna happen with Coles, but as of now he's under contract, and theres nothing he can do about that. Personally I want him back.

There are no WR's left in FA that are worthy of paying, so I say in the 2nd round we get the best available WR.

Coles is gonna be traded.I dont see Mangini doing all this work without upgrading the WR and CB position.I firmly believe we arent done cutting players.

what could he be worth?...he is a solid player but is up there in age what do you think we can get for him

what could he be worth?...he is a solid player but is up there in age what do you think we can get for him

What did the Chargers give up for Chambers? A 2nd rounder if I remember correct?

Coles could net a late 2nd rounder from a good team.

First post after being a long time reader. First off, I wouldn't mind the signing of a guy like Bryant Johnson, contrary to early reports, he has yet to sign with the Bills, and was a former first round draft pick, who got overshadowed by Anquan Boldin (drafted the same year by the Cardinals) and the hype surrounding Larry Fitzgerald. He is a big target at 6'4 216 and runs fast, a lot of people say he has not lived up to his potential but he has been solid and would provide a big red zone target, plus he is still young only 25 if i remember correctly.

Also, if DMC is off the board and the FO believes that Pace is a better player than Gholsten, we may listen to offers from the lions and cardinals for the 6th pick. The Lions have been rumored to be wanting to move Roy Williams and maybe a swap of our first round picks plus a future pick (maybe a third next year and a couple other picks this year) could net us Roy Williams. The Lions draft in the mid-teens and that would net us a playmaker WR and possibly still put us in position to improve the CB spot (jenkins, rodgers-cromartie) or maybe Keith Rivers at inside. The same can be said for the Cards, they want to move Fitz because of his huge contract and might be willing to do a similar trade.

I would still like to see what Stuckey has to offer, he was big time player at Clemson, when he wasn't injured and if he can stay healthy, a big if, could be a good slot receiver.

Either way with all the FA signings, we have provided ourselves with a lot of flexibility.

First post after being a long time reader. First off, I wouldn't mind the signing of a guy like Bryant Johnson, contrary to early reports, he has yet to sign with the Bills, and was a former first round draft pick, who got overshadowed by Anquan Boldin (drafted the same year by the Cardinals) and the hype surrounding Larry Fitzgerald. He is a big target at 6'4 216 and runs fast, a lot of people say he has not lived up to his potential but he has been solid and would provide a big red zone target, plus he is still young only 25 if i remember correctly.

Also, if DMC is off the board and the FO believes that Pace is a better player than Gholsten, we may listen to offers from the lions and cardinals for the 6th pick. The Lions have been rumored to be wanting to move Roy Williams and maybe a swap of our first round picks plus a future pick (maybe a third next year and a couple other picks this year) could net us Roy Williams. The Lions draft in the mid-teens and that would net us a playmaker WR and possibly still put us in position to improve the CB spot (jenkins, rodgers-cromartie) or maybe Keith Rivers at inside. The same can be said for the Cards, they want to move Fitz because of his huge contract and might be willing to do a similar trade.

I would still like to see what Stuckey has to offer, he was big time player at Clemson, when he wasn't injured and if he can stay healthy, a big if, could be a good slot receiver.

Either way with all the FA signings, we have provided ourselves with a lot of flexibility.

Im ok with either Williams or Fitzgerald a change of scenery in a new offense may do these guys good. Chad shines with a big speedy target.

I was in europe last year for pretty much the entire season. What happened to Coles? I keep seeing that we need a home run receiver with speed. Isn't that what Coles is??? Unless he lost a couple steps this season. I know he had trouble staying on the field.

The Bears might be in the market for a WR these days... what do you think they'd cough up for Coles?

I could def see the Bears wanting to cough up a 2nd rder. But I think they're not only the other NFC North team that is desperate for a WR - What about the Packers? I've heard rumors about Favre considering retiring if he didn't get Moss, but maybe if GB sees the availability of Coles they'll inquire about him to keep Favre happy for another year.

Other teams that come to mind are the 49ers, KC or Philly

If we can get a 1st rounder for coles, I'd say do it. If not, I'd say just add a year on his current deal to make him happy and tell him to **** off if he doesn't like it.

IMHO I don't think there's ANY chance we'd get a #1 for Coles.

IMHO I don't think there's ANY chance we'd get a #1 for Coles.

I don't think so either, I'd take a #2 for him as well. The thing is, if we get rid of him, we have no one. Cotch is good, but other than him we would have jack **** at WR.

I don't think so either, I'd take a #2 for him as well. The thing is, if we get rid of him, we have no one. Cotch is good, but other than him we would have jack **** at WR.

That's where I am. I anticipate him being a problem mouth-wise. He was already running his mouth about more money BEFORE we shelled out a ton of money to players not named Laveranues Coles.

We'll see. Even after the draft, technically the off-season doesn't end until September, so a lot can happen by then.

But if we don't take a WR in the FA or draft this year, it will empower Coles in the same fashion it did Kendall last year.

That's where I am. I anticipate him being a problem mouth-wise. He was already running his mouth about more money BEFORE we shelled out a ton of money to players not named Laveranues Coles.

We'll see. Even after the draft, technically the off-season doesn't end until September, so a lot can happen by then.

But if we don't take a WR in the FA or draft this year, it will empower Coles in the same fashion it did Kendall last year.

What Tann. should do is Guarantee his contract for this year and set up an insentive contract ,if he reachs so many yards or td`s the JETS will offer him a extention of so many years and so much guaranteed money for next season

What Tann. should do is Guarantee his contract for this year and set up an insentive contract ,if he reachs so many yards or td`s the JETS will offer him a extention of so many years and so much guaranteed money for next season

Problem with that is it will instantly turn him into Shockey or a rookie Keyshawn in the huddle until he's reached the incentive(s). He won't ever want to be the decoy receiver b/c he won't be getting yards.

Archived