Chatman signs with the NYJ.

NYjet10

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/450363.html

Quote:

Dolphins running back Jesse Chatman signed a one-year contract with the New York Jets on Sunday, agent Brett Tessler said.

Chatman replaced Ronnie Brown as the team's starter after Brown tore his ACL.

Miami still has plenty of depth at the position, since Brown's rehabilitation has gone well while Bill Parcells has taken a liking to Ricky Williams because of his strong work ethic. The team is also optimistic about Lorenzo Booker's potential.

Chatman rushed for 515 yards on 128 attempts for a 4.0 yard-per-carry average with a touchdown in 2007.

More depth is fine with me.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/450363.html

Quote:

Dolphins running back Jesse Chatman signed a one-year contract with the New York Jets on Sunday, agent Brett Tessler said.

Chatman replaced Ronnie Brown as the team's starter after Brown tore his ACL.

Miami still has plenty of depth at the position, since Brown's rehabilitation has gone well while Bill Parcells has taken a liking to Ricky Williams because of his strong work ethic. The team is also optimistic about Lorenzo Booker's potential.

Chatman rushed for 515 yards on 128 attempts for a 4.0 yard-per-carry average with a touchdown in 2007.

More depth is fine with me.

Good pickup, he was a real good backup in SD before he ate himself out of the league. Seems like he's got his weight issues under control now and should add some good depth. We might have to cut him though when we draft McFadden.....

I dont think Jesse Chatman is going to stop any team from drafting anyone..

Didn't suggest he would. But I think the team was just looking for a complement to Jones/Leon & this seems to confirm that; Chatman is a good candidate for that role.

They are not drafting a RB with the 6th pick. Can't believe so many think it's still such a strong possibility. Or that it's even what we should do.

Didn't suggest he would. But I think the team was just looking for a complement to Jones/Leon & this seems to confirm that; Chatman is a good candidate for that role.

They are not drafting a RB with the 6th pick. Can't believe so many think it's still such a strong possibility. Or that it's even what we should do.

and if DMC turns out to be an AP clone, you won't change your tune?

we have zero impact players on the Offensive side

Chatman is also a really good pickup, because out of Jones, Washington, and him he's the only one who could get more yards after contact. Jones is good with some moves, but when he's hit he's down. Leon has explosive spped, and likes to pull razzle dazzle, but when he's touched he's down. Chatman will run hard, and when he's hit he won't go down for another 5-6 yards.

Obviously Richardson can run after contact, but he won't be used for runs except for some 1 yd conversions.

afosomf said:
and if DMC turns out to be an AP clone, you won't change your tune?

we have zero impact players on the Offensive side

Who gives a crap what he may or may not do for someone else? And I disagree on our not having impact players anyway.

I want us to win games, not see who gets the most FF points.

If we put points on the board, I don't care who's in the backfield.

And I don't believe for a second that McFadden would have been an "impact player" on the 2007 Jets. He would have sucked also. No one's "great" when you're met by two linemen and a linebacker after you take half a step.

Point is, I don't even know what we've got at RB b/c the OL and QB play has been so sh*tty for the past 3 years.

What do you want me to say?

I simply don't believe that the addition of this one player - and that only this one player will do - will suddenly make the offense great instead of lousy.

CLEARLY, some RB's have more talent than others. But usually the OL is more responsible for the dominance of a running game than the RB himself. I believe that.

Edgerrin James looked great in Indy. Went to Arizona & suddenly he wasn't just a little worse -- he was awful.

Dominic Rhodes - a low level talent at RB if I've ever seen one - steps in after Edge busts his knee up some years ago. Starts running around like he was some phenom that everyone should have known about.

Shaun Alexander - a legit first round talent. Looked like garbage almost instantly when his precious superman LG left the team.

Frank Gore - the OL was pushing people around better in '06 & he also looked like this unreal talent & we wondered how everyone could pass on him in the first 2 rounds of a pretty lousy 2005 draft. Then his OL loses Smiley, Larry Allen starts looking like he's 36 years old, Staley starts at RT, looking horrible as a rookie, and what happened to Gore? Over a yard per carry worse. Not even remotely the same player, even when he wasn't too banged up.

How about our own Thomas Jones. At or above the league average in ypc for a few years behind Chicago's solid OL & even had a good superbowl just prior to us signing him. Comes to the Jets & behind our sh*tbox run-blocking, he looks like a marginal improvement over Kevan Barlow.

Priest Holmes? Looked like nothing special for years in Baltimore. Put him behind that OL that Kansas City had & for a few years was one of the most productive RB's in history.

How about the slew of (supposedly) non-elite talents that have been thrown into the mix in Denver? Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary. Lol. If not for Denver's OL, you wouldn't have heard of any of them.

What happened to the super-stud Clinton Portis as soon as he left that Denver OL. I mean this guy was incredible, right? First 2 years with Denver has a career 5.5ypc, averaged over 15 TD's per season. He goes to Washington and hasn't been anything CLOSE to the lights-out talent he was thought to be.

So my answer is I don't give a crap. As talented as he is, some of the reason Peterson was that productive is because he plays behind that sick OL. On the Jets he surely would have looked better than Thomas Jones (and you can bet your ass I'd rather have AP than TJ) but whoever the primary ball-carrier was would have still mostly looked like sh*t.

Sperm Edwards said:
Who gives a crap what he may or may not do for someone else? And I disagree on our not having impact players anyway.

I want us to win games, not see who gets the most FF points.

If we put points on the board, I don't care who's in the backfield.

And I don't believe for a second that McFadden would have been an "impact player" on the 2007 Jets. He would have sucked also. No one's "great" when you're met by two linemen and a linebacker after you take half a step.

Point is, I don't even know what we've got at RB b/c the OL and QB play has been so sh*tty for the past 3 years.

What do you want me to say?

I simply don't believe that the addition of this one player - and that only this one player will do - will suddenly make the offense great instead of lousy.

CLEARLY, some RB's have more talent than others. But usually the OL is more responsible for the dominance of a running game than the RB himself. I believe that.

Edgerrin James looked great in Indy. Went to Arizona & suddenly he wasn't just a little worse -- he was awful.

Dominic Rhodes - a low level talent at RB if I've ever seen one - steps in after Edge busts his knee up some years ago. Starts running around like he was some phenom that everyone should have known about.

Shaun Alexander - a legit first round talent. Looked like garbage almost instantly when his precious superman LG left the team.

Frank Gore - the OL was pushing people around better in '06 & he also looked like this unreal talent & we wondered how everyone could pass on him in the first 2 rounds of a pretty lousy 2005 draft. Then his OL loses Smiley, Larry Allen starts looking like he's 36 years old, Rookie Staley starts at RT, and what happened to him? Over a yard per carry worse. Not even remotely the same player, even when he wasn't too banged up.

How about our own Thomas Jones. At or above the league average in ypc for a few years behind Chicago's solid OL & even had a good superbowl just prior to us signing him. Comes to the Jets & behind our sh*tbox run-blocking, he looks like a marginal improvement over Kevan Barlow.

Priest Holmes? Looked like nothing special for years in Baltimore. Put him behind that OL that Kansas City had & for a few years was one of the most productive RB's in history.

How about the slew of (supposedly) non-elite talents that have been thrown into the mix in Denver? Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary. Lol. If not for Denver's OL, you wouldn't have heard of any of them.

What happened to the super-stud Clinton Portis as soon as he left that Denver OL. I mean this guy was incredible, right? First 2 years with Denver has a career 5.5ypc, averaged over 15 TD's per season. He goes to Washington and hasn't been anything CLOSE to the lights-out talent he was thought to be.

So my answer is I don't give a crap. As talented as he is, most of the reason Peterson was that productive is because he plays behind that sick OL. On the Jets he surely would have looked better than Thomas Jones (and you can bet your ass I'd rather have AP than TJ) but whoever the primary ball-carrier was would have still mostly looked like sh*t.

Great Post Sperm! Games are won or lost in the trenches, 100%. Also, look at the Broncos OL the past decade or so, it seems like they can throw anyone back there at RB and he'd turn out to be a solid, 1,000 yard back. I think every RB in the NFL can perform very well given a great OL.

Great Post Sperm! Games are won or lost in the trenches, 100%. Also, look at the Broncos OL the past decade or so, it seems like they can throw anyone back there at RB and he'd turn out to be a solid, 1,000 yard back. I think every RB in the NFL can perform very well given a great OL.

Most of them have enough talent to perform well in the right situation or they wouldn't have made it to this level.

Ahmad Bradshaw?

Ryan Grant?

Selvin Young?

Derrick Ward?

Like there's an NFL fan out there who wished their team had any of these guys on September 1, 2007. LOL. Yeah, sure.

Most of them have enough talent to perform well in the right situation or they wouldn't have made it to this level.

Ahmad Bradshaw?

Ryan Grant?

Selvin Young?

Derrick Ward?

Like there's an NFL fan out there who wished their team had any of these guys on September 1, 2007. LOL. Yeah, sure.

some drunk fans would and maybe herman edwards:);)

some drunk fans would and maybe herman edwards:);)

Oooh - I forgot about Larry Johnson in my post. Look what happened to Mr. Incredible (and btw he IS a ridiculous talent).

Once the previously dominant OL out there got totally Hermed, Larry Johnson looked like...drumroll please...

Thomas Jones.

Solid signing.

Darren McFadden will never happen. :yahoo:

Dont fckin count that out..its called depth..

Solid signing.

Darren McFadden will never happen. :yahoo:

Dont fckin count that out..its called depth..

Ya had him going to the raiders and they have more rbs then us... Jessie Chapman wont even make the team...

Riiiiiiiight.

Oakland has Fargas and Rhodes. That is it. Sure LaMont Jordan is under contract, for now, but he won't be for long. Plus, Al Davis is a moron. Mike Tannenbaum actually has some brains left.

Ya had him going to the raiders and they have more rbs then us... Jessie Chapman wont even make the team...

Riiiiiiiight.

Oakland has Fargas and Rhodes. That is it. Sure LaMont Jordan is under contract, for now, but he won't be for long. Plus, Al Davis is a moron. Mike Tannenbaum actually has some brains left.

Yes, depth behind your $20 million Running Back and your sensational, play making scatback.

Bust DMC will be gaining 3 yards per carry elsewhere.

Riiiiiiiight.

What the fck do we have?? thomas jones.. and jessie chapman.. leon washington will be on special teams... or jessie chapman doesnt even make the team..

Archived