Anquan Boldin rumor

HuRRiCaNe ViLMa

Now that the Cardinals have locked up receiver Larry Fitzgerald at a more affordable (or, as the case may be, less unaffordable) price over the next four seasons, they might have to deal with another thorny issue at the position.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Anquan Boldin could want more money and/or a trade in the wake of Fitzgerald's $10 million-per-year contract. Per Schefter, some in the Cardinals organization actually regard Boldin as the better wideout. But Boldin will make far, far less than Fitzgerald over the next three seasons -- he's due to earn base salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million, $3 million.

In our view, Fitzgerald and Boldin together is a luxury that the Cardinals don't need, especially with coach Ken Whisenhunt presumably trying to bring a Pittsburgh-style power running vibe to the desert.

Assuming that the Cardinals have a plan (which could be a dangerous assumption because we're talking about, you know, the Cardinals), the huge deal given to Fitzgerald should be regarded as evidence that they've opted to keep Fitzgerald over the long haul, and to get what they can for Boldin.

Throw in the fact that Boldin is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, and the stage is set for Boldin to start making noise about moving on.

Possible destinations are Philly, Dallas, and the Redskins.

If this were to happen, what would you guys give up for him?

If this ever DOES happen throw the Cardinals Coles, D-Rob and whatever draft pick it takes. Then draft a fast slot reciever. I can just imagine Boldin in Jets green. :)

Now that the Cardinals have locked up receiver Larry Fitzgerald at a more affordable (or, as the case may be, less unaffordable) price over the next four seasons, they might have to deal with another thorny issue at the position.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Anquan Boldin could want more money and/or a trade in the wake of Fitzgerald's $10 million-per-year contract. Per Schefter, some in the Cardinals organization actually regard Boldin as the better wideout. But Boldin will make far, far less than Fitzgerald over the next three seasons -- he's due to earn base salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million, $3 million.

In our view, Fitzgerald and Boldin together is a luxury that the Cardinals don't need, especially with coach Ken Whisenhunt presumably trying to bring a Pittsburgh-style power running vibe to the desert.

Assuming that the Cardinals have a plan (which could be a dangerous assumption because we're talking about, you know, the Cardinals), the huge deal given to Fitzgerald should be regarded as evidence that they've opted to keep Fitzgerald over the long haul, and to get what they can for Boldin.

Throw in the fact that Boldin is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, and the stage is set for Boldin to start making noise about moving on.

If this ever DOES happen throw the Cardinals Coles, D-Rob and whatever draft pick it takes. Then draft a fast slot reciever. I can just imagine Boldin in Jets green. :)

DRob would set the deal the back. He has no value.

Drob has no value like BJR said and i don't know how interested they'd be in coles. He would be a decent replacement, but he's making more money than boldin is and wants more as it is. I don't think boldin is better at all, but he's not too far behind in my opinion; i would love him on the jets, but i just don't us having anything they want.

DRob would set the deal the back. He has no value.

I wouldn't say DRob has no value. They almost got a 3rd and 5th for him. He probably has some value. Coles might have some real value. The problem is that if the Cards are dealing with salary issues how can they take on two guys that make more than the guy they are moving? Coles makes what? $5M? Plus he's looking for a bump. DRob gets like $9M. Why would they take that for a guy making $2.5M?

well obviously they would resign both of them. but if this happens, it will be b/c boldin will want a lot of money. they could have d-rob and coles for what anquan will want almost, plus a draft pick. d-rob and coles together in a packagae deal along with a high draft pick? sounds good to me. get it done tangini!! :box:

I wouldn't say DRob has no value. They almost got a 3rd and 5th for him. He probably has some value. Coles might have some real value. The problem is that if the Cards are dealing with salary issues how can they take on two guys that make more than the guy they are moving? Coles makes what? $5M? Plus he's looking for a bump. DRob gets like $9M. Why would they take that for a guy making $2.5M?

Plus Arizona wouldn't want anything to do with D-Rob. They already have Gabe Watson who unlike D-Rob is a real Nose Tackle and isn't making $12 mil a year.

They probably wouldn't want Coles.

Only way the Jets get Boldin is if they offer a 2nd this year and maybe another 1st day pick next year.

This is another Bizarro World trade thread. If you paid attention to Schefter you would have heard: (1) the Cards initially approached Boldin trying to renegotiate and extend him; (2) it was Boldin who made the decision to wait and see what Fitzgerald's new deal looked like; and (3) Boldin's new deal and extension is the Cards big priority. Yes, they said he would make a fraction of what Fitzgerald will now make, but no one said anything about trying to deal him.

Are you on the pipe? NO WAY... Cotchery is a playmaker but not in Boldin's league thats insane to say that!

Boldin has never scored 10 TDs in a season. He's a very good WR, but Jerry Rice, he is not.

His style of play is very similar to Cotchery's. Neither is a burner, both are tough as nails, and both are good after the catch. Boldin is better by a fair margin, but they are the same type of WR.

And Fitz is insanely better than Boldin. Boldin is a fantastic possession guy. Fitz has Randy Moss-ish ability.

Boldin has never scored 10 TDs in a season. He's a very good WR, but Jerry Rice, he is not.

His style of play is very similar to Cotchery's. Neither is a burner, both are tough as nails, and both are good after the catch. Boldin is better by a fair margin, but they are the same type of WR.

And Fitz is insanely better than Boldin. Boldin is a fantastic possession guy. Fitz has Randy Moss-ish ability.

Dude i record every game on direct tv on Sunday ticket. Me and you must not be seening the same games. Boldin jams DB's,catches better than Jerricho. Boldin is 2 times the better WR Jerricho is.

Dude i record every game on direct tv on Sunday ticket. Me and you must not be seening the same games. Boldin jams DB's,catches better than Jerricho. Boldin is 2 times the better WR Jerricho is.

I have watched a lot of Anquan Boldin myself. He is better than Cotchery, I have already said that. But their style of play is very similar.

No way is he twice the WR that Cotchery is. You are acting like Cotchery is total ****. Boldin is one of the best route runners and best receivers after the catch in the entire league, and he is a tier or two above Cotch, but it is not the night and day difference you are making it out to be.

I have watched a lot of Anquan Boldin myself. He is better than Cotchery, I have already said that. But their style of play is very similar.

No way is he twice the WR that Cotchery is. You are acting like Cotchery is total ****. Boldin is one of the best route runners and best receivers after the catch in the entire league, and he is a tier or two above Cotch, but it is not the night and day difference you are making it out to be.

Your COMPARING BOLDIN TO COTCHERY! thats like comparing Justin Mcdropins to Terrel Owens. It does not make sense!

I have respect for Jets players if they are good and give it all. But seriously you need a head examination if you think Boldin is like Cotchery thats just dead wrong man.

Your COMPARING BOLDIN TO COTCHERY! thats like comparing Justin Mcdropins to Terrel Owens. It does not make sense!

I have respect for Jets players if they are good and give it all. But seriously you need a head examination if you think Boldin is like Cotchery thats just dead wrong man.

To compare: to examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities and differences.

I'm sorry, but i felt the need to display the definition of the word compare. People are allowed to compare one player to another without saying they are of equal talents. Cotchery actually compares very well to boldin even though boldin is more talented. They both aren't the fastest guys, but make there money as tough recievers with good hands who make plays after the catch.

It's actually funny that you mentioned jmac and TO, because both of them have a HUGE comparison; they both drop a plethora of catchable balls. TO just happens to be a 5 times better reciever in every other category, but like it or not it's still a comparison.

I just think you need to realize you can compare someone without saying they are of equal talents.

This is another Bizarro World trade thread. If you paid attention to Schefter you would have heard: (1) the Cards initially approached Boldin trying to renegotiate and extend him; (2) it was Boldin who made the decision to wait and see what Fitzgerald's new deal looked like; and (3) Boldin's new deal and extension is the Cards big priority. Yes, they said he would make a fraction of what Fitzgerald will now make, but no one said anything about trying to deal him.

I never said it was going to happen, or even likely to happen.

We still have a while until the season starts, so we have to fill the time somehow :)

If this ever DOES happen throw the Cardinals Coles, D-Rob and whatever draft pick it takes. Then draft a fast slot reciever. I can just imagine Boldin in Jets green.

:)

I say this, and plllease JetNation dont be mad at me for this one. It really makes sense to me.

Trade.

We get Boldin from the Cards

We give Thomas Jones and Coles. (The Cards are in dire need of a RB and I doubt that we're going to re-do Coles contract)

Then,

Trade

D-Rob to the Broncos for Draft Picks.

What will happen is this.

First It will free up ALOT OF MONEY given that both coles and D-rob and Thomas are worth alot of money. We get Boldin which is worth alot less. We go into the Draft, Get Gholston at # 6 Pick up our Slot receiver in the 2nd round, and trust that there will definitely be quality receivers in the 2nd round, Pick up a running back in the draft (hopefully Jonathan Stewart from Oregon given that his stock is going to fall ALOT because of his toe surgery so he'll cost less money, most likely going in the 2nd round)or through free agency since we just freed up alot of money and Put my boy Leon Washington to start.

With Washington being the starting Back we can put Justin Miller for kick off returns.

My opinion.

I say this, and plllease JetNation dont be mad at me for this one. It really makes sense to me.

Trade.

We give Thomas Jones and Coles. (The Cards are in dire need of a RB and I doubt that we're going to re-do Coles contract)

Then,

Trade

First It will free up ALOT OF MONEY given that both coles and D-rob and Thomas are worth alot of money. We get Boldin which is worth alot less. We go into the Draft, Get Gholston at # 6 Pick up our Slot receiver in the 2nd round, and trust that there will definitely be quality receivers in the 2nd round, Pick up a running back in the draft (hopefully Jonathan Stewart from Oregon given that his stock is going to fall ALOT because of his toe surgery so he'll cost less money, most likely going in the 2nd round)or through free agency since we just freed up alot of money and Put my boy Leon Washington to start.

With Washington being the starting Back we can put Justin Miller for kick off returns.

My opinion.

Another deal that projects the Cards taking on a lot of money. The Cards can't take on money. That is the ONLY reason people are speculating they will move Boldin. They simply may not be able to afford him. If they can't afford Boldin they can't afford Coles who makes twice as much and is already bitching that he wants more.

I don't think they aren't very fond of Jones in AZ. They picked him 7th overall and he did nothing for them but suck. They already have James and a top pick, you can pretty safely assume they don't want any part of Jones. Most importantly though, I don't think trading Jones necessarily helps us on the cap. I'm not sure exactly how his deal is structured, but trading him will simply accelerate his signing bonus and count it all against the cap this year. Considering our continuing spending spree and redoing Boldin's deal that might not be possible.

Also, you are looking to pick up a slot wr in the 2nd round and a RB in the draft. We aren't getting a second for DRob. Picking at the top of the second we'll have the chance to fill a variety of needs, but we can only pick one.

Why would the Cards let him go in the first place ,he`s under contract for 3 more years .If you sign a contract ,you need to honor it ,tuff if someone got more then you ,i`m sure there were people better then him that he got more then when he signed that contract...

Trade.

Then,

Trade

My opinion.

Why wouldn't the Cardinals just draft a WR in round 1 and a RB somewhere along the way; or Mendelhall in round 1 and a WR later on?

Coles may do some of the stat-less "dirty work" but you'd think that he's the only one in the league who does if you hear him talk. At the same time, he's averaged over 60 yds per game exactly 3x in his career. One pro bowl season, and that only because of a relative down year for receivers. He's amassed the total of 7 touchdowns ONCE in his career; that being way back in 2001. He can probably be relied upon for 5-6 TD's and just under 1000 yards. He can also be relied upon to challenge his coaches (or the franchise in general) in the media, behind closed doors, and privately to anyone who will listen. And for this, he truly feels he should continue to be paid more, more, and more still.

Since 2003, the guy's been paid more than Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Donald Driver, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, Anquan Boldin...pretty much the #3 paid WR in the NFL other than T.O. and Marvin Harrison. And still he's complaining about - of all things - money. He's a miserable, insatiable, moody sh*t who has publicly challenged authority for his entire team-sport career, and who has rarely performed like a superstar.

Why on earth would anyone trade a young stud with most of his career in front of him, like Boldin, for Coles?

And Jones? If they got bit in the ass by Edgerrin James, they're not going to want to compound that by doing the same thing with a far less-accomplished talent.

Archived