Lions inform Kevin Jones of his release

khesanh

"Lions released DE Kalimba Edwards.

The Lions gave Edwards a huge contract two seasons ago in hopes that he'd become a solid pass rusher, but it never happened. He was reportedly a hard worker in practice, but could just never carry it over to a game. He was scheduled to make $3.9 million this season."

He always had potential as a 34 OLB, wouldn't hurt to bring in for a look.

Obviously that's an exaggeration but KJ is better than TJ when fully healthy and it's not even close really.

He showed a ton of potential throughout his career despite playing behind a terrible O-line. He could thrive with a new team.

Yes, he did show potential. Let's see him with another team and in a couple of years then we'll see who's better.

We all know the Lions are the greatest run franchise in professional sports. That Matt Millen is a ****ing genius.

The guy had less than 4 yds per carry 3 yrs in a row (3.6,3.8,3.6) Which to most people on this board is pitiful. I know, behind a s**ty o-line. Thomas ones had 3.6 pe behind our s**ty o-line. Seems the same to me.

He is worth a look - but shouldn't be compared to Thomas Jones because that is silly. His health is always an issue and he has only topped 1000 yards once which was 3 years ago during his rookie year.

Better than Thomas Jones, even with one leg.

that's what i was thinking. It looks like we took an NFC North RB one year too soon. I'd take Kevin Jones over Thomas Jones, even if it was for only 5 games per season. At least KJ can catch and score.

So was TJ and he still managed 1,000yrds behind a piss poor Oline and horrible playcalling...

Thomas Jones was playing hurt? This is the first I've heard of it. Did he injure his hand punching a teammate or something?

It's hard to hold Kevin Jones' lack of 1,000 yard seasons over his head whenever he has been playing in an offense that throws the ball 70% of the time. He's also an excellent receiver who can actually do something after he catches the ball. Not to mention that, unlike Thomas Jones, he is not allergic to painted grass.

And speaking of the olines, I don't recall Tatum Bell or Artose Pinner cracking 5 yards a carry like Leon Washington did this season. Was our offensive line bad? Yes. But Thomas Jones made it look worse.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

glad to see you can back up your feelings with smiley faces. You should really watch the games, you'll see the dancing bear not make up his mind get tackled for a loss of two...second and long. Next play...incompletion. In an effort to not throw a pick for the rookie QB's confidence they run a draw...9 yards.

Thomas Jones, 2 carries 7 yards, 3.5 average.....3 and out.

Yeah, that's the guy i want in the back field.

"Lions released DE Kalimba Edwards.

The Lions gave Edwards a huge contract two seasons ago in hopes that he'd become a solid pass rusher, but it never happened. He was reportedly a hard worker in practice, but could just never carry it over to a game. He was scheduled to make $3.9 million this season."

He always had potential as a 34 OLB, wouldn't hurt to bring in for a look.

Both Lions releases surprised me but this one even more than Jones. I thought he was a fairly decent 4/3 DE. I don't know if he's quick enough for a 3/4 LB. Perhaps Detroit will resign him down the road at a cheaper rate.

The guy had less than 4 yds per carry 3 yrs in a row (3.6,3.8,3.6) Which to most people on this board is pitiful. I know, behind a s**ty o-line. Thomas ones had 3.6 pe behind our s**ty o-line. Seems the same to me.

And Leon Washington averaged like 5 yards a carry running behind the same set of blockers that Thomas Jones had.

What's your point?

Archived