Will their be BOOOSSSSSS?

NY JET 29

Will their be BOOS if we pass on Mcfadden for Gholston.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will their be BOOS if we pass on Mcfadden for Gholston.

• Yes
    • No
    • Very mixed reaction

Let's say Mcfadden is there, and we pass on him, and take Gholston, or a CB. I would be very happy getting Gholston, or a CB over Mcfadden, but do you think Jet fans will be all excited about Gholston, or just boo that they passed on Mcfadden.

Jets fans would Boo Jesus today.

Like joe beningo said a couple days ago... He and his fellow jet fans will go BALISTIC!!!!

Let me take you back when we passed on Sapp.... The whole place was screaming in my section and seemed like every other place of the garden that day we want sapp!!! we want sapp!!! and we took kyle brady... and most people got up and left...

This year if mcfadden is on the board at 6... they will be screaming DMC!! DMC!! and if the selection Mckelvin ot Gholsten... they wil do the same this year...you can bet on it!!

I dont believe Gholsten will still be there when we draft..have a feeling he goes 2 to the rams... and mcfadden wont be there either... its just our luck...

If they pass on Mcfadden (which they should), there will definatley be a mixed reaction.

There are the fans who are enamored with the name and speed he brings to the team, but ignore his killer faults (i.e. the inability to break tackles, or having twigs for legs or suffering from a mild case of fumblitis).

At the same time there will be fans that can see the upside that a guy like Ghoulsten would bring to the table, especially in light of the Giants winning the SB with an elite passrush. As well as see Mcfadden's big weaknesses

This team needs offensive playmakers, but Mcfadden will be the bust of the draft, and besides, we need WR's more, so go D first pick and WR in the 2nd rd, barring a trade down (which I hope happens (the trade down)).

Jets fans would Boo Jesus today.

Like joe beningo said a couple days ago... He and his fellow jet fans will go BALISTIC!!!!

Let me take you back when we passed on Sapp.... The whole place was screaming in my section and seemed like every other place of the garden that day we want sapp!!! we want sapp!!! and we took kyle brady... and most people got up and left...

This year if mcfadden is on the board at 6... they will be screaming DMC!! DMC!! and if the selection Mckelvin ot Gholsten... they wil do the same this year...you can bet on it!!

I dont believe Gholsten will still be there when we draft..have a feeling he goes 2 to the rams... and mcfadden wont be there either... its just our luck...

If they pass on Mcfadden (which they should), there will definatley be a mixed reaction.

There are the fans who are enamored with the name and speed he brings to the team, but ignore his killer faults (i.e. the inability to break tackles, or having twigs for legs or suffering from a mild case of fumblitis).

At the same time there will be fans that can see the upside that a guy like Ghoulsten would bring to the table, especially in light of the Giants winning the SB with an elite passrush. As well as see Mcfadden's big weaknesses

This team needs offensive playmakers, but Mcfadden will be the bust of the draft, and besides, we need WR's more, so go D first pick and WR in the 2nd rd, barring a trade down (which I hope happens (the trade down)).

I have this funny feeling... that Brian Brohm wil be the second round pick... I dont know.. its sounds retarded but I have this weird feeling..

If mcfaddens off the board... I wont mind gholsten..

I have this funny feeling... that Brian Brohm wil be the second round pick... I dont know.. its sounds retarded but I have this weird feeling..

If mcfaddens off the board... I wont mind gholsten..

After the last couple of drafts I dont think any pick would suprise me anymore, whether trading up or down, staying put, or reaching for players, I just sit back on draft day and hope the FO doesnt do anything too stupid (which save Schlegel in 06 hasnt happened too often.

I dont believe Gholsten will still be there when we draft..have a feeling he goes 2 to the rams... and mcfadden wont be" there either... its just our luck...

They also said Jet Fans would "go ballistic" if we didn't take Leinart over Ferguson...

Let's say Mcfadden is there, and we pass on him, and take Gholston, or a CB. I would be very happy getting Gholston, or a CB over Mcfadden, but do you think Jet fans will be all excited about Gholston, or just boo that they passed on Mcfadden.

How many new accounts are you going to create???

FFS can't you just pick one and stick with it.:confused0058:

It'll be stupid if people boo. We're lucky to even think about Gholston or McFadden falling for to us, Gholston is going to have a helluva career.

I'm starting to lean on Gholston more than McFadden. The only way I'll draft McFadden is at #6. I wouldn't trade up for him.

They also said Jet Fans would "go ballistic" if we didn't take Leinart over Ferguson...

I cant remember any Jets fan who actually wanted Leinart, everyone I knew was dying for the Jets to PASS on his weak arm.

Now if we draft Gholston, I cant see Jet fans booing this pick, no matter how much we love McFadden. Any Jets fan who actually follows college football and the draft should know that Gholston can be a Merriman/Ware type of OLB for any 3-4 Defense, why would we boo a player like that? McFadden has amazing talent and potential but the same can be said for Gholston, either way, we should be proud to land any one of the two.

I cant remember any Jets fan who actually wanted Leinart, everyone I knew was dying for the Jets to PASS on his weak arm.

Now if we draft Gholston, I cant see Jet fans booing this pick, no matter how much we love McFadden. Any Jets fan who actually follows college football and the draft should know that Gholston can be a Merriman/Ware type of OLB for any 3-4 Defense, why would we boo a player like that? McFadden has amazing talent and potential but the same can be said for Gholston, either way, we should be proud to land any one of the two.

You are 100% correct. If it comes down to both of them Tangini will just have to pick either the need, or luxury.

Actually, it'll be very stupid to boo.

Once the chiefs make there selection.. and mcfadden is still on the board?? The crowd wil erupt and the chants wil begin... theres no doubt thats exactly what would happen..and if they pass up on him... like they did with marino,sapp, because of off the field isses... then there will be alot of boos... you'll see...

Once the chiefs make there selection.. and mcfadden is still on the board?? The crowd wil erupt and the chants wil begin... theres no doubt thats exactly what would happen..and if they pass up on him... like they did with marino,sapp, because of off the field isses... then there will be alot of boos... you'll see...

We're in a good position. Let's say we have the 1st pick and we don't trade it at all. Do you know who we'll still pick ?

Either Gholston or McFadden. So we're in a VERY good position, especially with the #6 pick. Most likely both of them can fall to #6. We're lucky to be in the position we are.

We're in a good position. Let's say we have the 1st pick and we don't trade it at all. Do you know who we'll still pick ?

Either Gholston or McFadden. So we're in a VERY good position, especially with the #6 pick. Most likely both of them can fall to #6. We're lucky to be in the position we are.

Your absolutely right... but there is a scenerio were they are both off the board...

Miami Chris Long

Rams Gholsten (they spent alot of time with him this past week..took him to dinner with the owner)

Falcons Matt Ryan or Dorsey

Raiders Mcfadden

Cheifs Matt ryan or Jake Long or Ellis

Jets?? Mckelvin? Ellis? Trade Down?

Your absolutely right... but there is a scenerio were they are both off the board...

Miami Chris Long

Rams Gholsten (they spent alot of time with him this past week..took him to dinner with the owner)

Falcons Matt Ryan or Dorsey

Raiders Mcfadden

Cheifs Matt ryan or Jake Long or Ellis

Jets?? Mckelvin? Ellis? Trade Down?

Well we wouldnt beable to trade down with Dallas because McFadden would be off the board, I would say draft Mckelvin if he's the best corner and have a secondary with...

Mckelvin-Elam-Rhodes-Revis, Then I guess we should go for the best WR on the board in RD#2, and knowing Mangini and the Jets, we will find away to trade back into the 3rd round for another first day pick where we could go after the best MLB or OLB for a pass rusher in the 3rd round

Well we wouldnt beable to trade down with Dallas because McFadden would be off the board, I would say draft Mckelvin if he's the best corner and have a secondary with...

Mckelvin-Elam-Rhodes-Revis, Then I guess we should go for the best WR on the board in RD#2, and knowing Mangini and the Jets, we will find away to trade back into the 3rd round for another first day pick where we could go after the best MLB or OLB for a pass rusher in the 3rd round

Heres a mock from profootballtalk.com that suggests just that..

2008 MOCK DRAFT 2.0

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2008, 1:19 p.m.

1. Miami Dolphins: Chris Long, DE, Virginia.

2. St. Louis Rams: Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern California.

3. Atlanta Falcons: Vernon Gholston, LB/DE, Ohio State.

4. Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU.

6. New York Jets: Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy.

7. New England Patriots (from 49ers): Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State.

Heres a mock from profootballtalk.com that suggests just that..

2008 MOCK DRAFT 2.0

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2008, 1:19 p.m.

First one I've seen with Clady ahead of Jake Long.

Here is the ProFootballTalk Mock 1st round in its entirety:

8. Baltimore Ravens: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College.

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Jake Long, OT, Michigan.

10. New Orleans Saints: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida.

11. Buffalo Bills: Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt.

12. Denver Broncos: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida State.

13. Carolina Panthers: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon.

14. Chicago Bears: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois.

15. Detroit Lions: Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina.

16. Arizona Cardinals: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State.

17. Minnesota Vikings: Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson.

18. Houston Texans: Reggie Smith, DB, Oklahoma.

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Keith Rivers, LB, Southern California.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma.

21. Washington Redskins: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas.

22. Dallas Cowboys (from Browns): DaJuan Morgan, S, N.C. State.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt.

24. Tennessee Titans: DeSean Jackson, WR, California.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami.

27. San Diego Chargers: Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas.

28. Dallas Cowboys: Letroy Guion, LB, Florida State.

29. San Francisco 49ers (from Colts): Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn.

30. Green Bay Packers: Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware.

31. New England Patriots: Forfeited.

32. New York Giants: Curtis Lofton, LB, Oklahoma.

IMO an absolutely God awful mock.

Long going #9??

Stewart going before Mendenhall???

The Chargers with LT and Sproles drafting a RB??

The Pack picking a QB???

The Falcons taking gholston despite having John Abraham and Jamaal Anderson??? DE is the only really strong position on that team FFS.:confused0058:

That has to be one of the worst mocks I've seen yet.

Here is the ProFootballTalk Mock 1st round in its entirety:

IMO an absolutely God awful mock.

Long going #9??

Stewart going before Mendenhall???

The Chargers with LT and Sproles drafting a RB??

The Pack picking a QB???

The Falcons taking gholston despite having John Abraham and Jamaal Anderson??? DE is the only really strong position on that team FFS.:confused0058:

That has to be one of the worst mocks I've seen yet.

Now that you put it like that, that mock is laughable

Archived