The Top 5 Concerns for the Jets

SoFlaJets

The Top 5 Concerns for the Jets

By Joe Caporoso | March 30th, 2008

Regardless of what some critics have said about the Jets off-season, they have improved their weak offensive and defensive line substantially, added a young pass rusher, and obtained a handful of quality of role players. Despite these additions, there are some fairly serious concerns for this team heading into the draft. If you had a gun to my head right now, I

lol, come on, I think anyone here could do it. The beat writers might have a little more of an edge because they actually get to talk to players and coaches, but especially with mangini no real information is leaking out.

What about kobe24jets? Or jetsrule? :shock:

"It is widely expected the Jets will target a receiver with the #36 pick"

Anyone else find this funny? I've read articles that say it is widely believed we will nab a CB, a QB, or an ILB with the #36 pick. That has to be the most flexible draft position we have.

"It is widely expected the Jets will target a receiver with the #36 pick"

Anyone else find this funny? I've read articles that say it is widely believed we will nab a CB, a QB, or an ILB with the #36 pick. That has to be the most flexible draft position we have.

It all depends on who we draft.

For example, if we draft McFadden at 6 I'd expect us to go CB in the 2nd.

If we draft Gholston, I'd expect us to draft offence, probably the best WR available. I can't see us and hope to God we don't take a QB in the 2nd.

That is why I think it would be great to trade down and aqquire more picks, we could fill a lot of needs that way.

Actually I liked the article, and thought it was pretty well presented. I don't agree with some of it of course.

At this point I think with their schedule next season the Jets, barring injury, are a 9-10 win team right now.

I like Ellis, but think Coleman is a better 3-4 DE, and was very happy with him last season. Ellis is also getting a little long in the tooth. I think Mosley could step up and take a lot more snaps at DE.

I also believe their will be another first day OL taken, depending what happens with # 6. I'm really torn. On the one hand I really want Gholson. They still need a big time pass rusher. On the other hand, another first day pick will fill some holes. Hope the Jets can come up with a #3. I have a feeling the Jets have given Coles permission to shop himself around. That's why we haven't had the "new contract announcement" as heralded by some of the beat writers over the week end.

I really hope Clemens can step up and win the starting job. I liked his selection two years ago, but was disappointed in his play last season. This is a very big camp for him. If the Jets take a QB on the first day, they have lost faith. Pennington is what he is. A veteran that the Jets can win with, but not a QB who you can expect to carry a game.

If the draft goes well, Clemens wins the starting job, and looks like an NFL QB, I think the Jets can do 10-11 wins.

Who picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl last April, except Giant fans?

Hey, this is April and I have my green glasses firmly in place. They ain't coming off until at least October.

Archived