Jets 2008 Pre-season Schedule announced

SouthernJet

according to Eagles press, the Jets will play them August 28th- a thursday.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080403/SPORTS02/80403047/-1/breaking1

The Eagles host the Jets on Aug. 28.

I hope we open the regular season on the west coast with this much time to prepare. Hello San Diego!

I do NOT want to play San Diego in week 1.

San Fran? Maybe

Oakland? Maybe

But no way do I want us going up against the Chargers.

Ugh, I f'ing love Cleveland and cannot wait to go back there. Its a shame its a Preseason game. The next regular season Jets @ Browns game, I'm there again. 2006 was a blast and will be even better in 2009 or beyond. :beer:

Ugh, I f'ing love Cleveland and cannot wait to go back there. Its a shame its a Preseason game. The next regular season Jets @ Browns game, I'm there again. 2006 was a blast and will be even better in 2009 or beyond. :beer:

Just a pity about the damn game.](*,)

i love opening at home too. but I think preparation and schedule wise it would be best to open against the Chargers. get one of the west coast games out of the way early

I agree, one of them should be early. Like say, Week 2. No thanks to getting shipped out Week 1. There's no difference really if its Week 1 or Week 2. Starting against the Chargers would be horrible too as you want the team to start with an easy opponent to build confidence. Schedule San Diego for Week 2 after a nice Week 1 home win against Arizona, Miami or St. Louis.

As for the Jets on the WC Week 1, I don't see it happening. Apparently at 4pm on the East Coast during Week 1, CBS is showing Tennis, so you can rule out the Jets on the WC Week 1.

I agree, one of them should be early. Like say, Week 2. No thanks to getting shipped out Week 1. There's no difference really if its Week 1 or Week 2. Starting against the Chargers would be horrible too as you want the team to start with an easy opponent to build confidence. Schedule San Diego for Week 2 after a nice Week 1 home win against Arizona, Miami or St. Louis.

As for the Jets on the WC Week 1, I don't see it happening. Apparently at 4pm on the East Coast during Week 1, CBS is showing Tennis, so you can rule out the Jets on the WC Week 1.

well... im not a "build confidence" type of guy... doesnt really seem to help weak teams (detroit last year for example)

plus there are no games that we can say for sure we will win. every game will be a challenge. but I think every game we can win.

anyone know anything about the preseason scheduling and why we always play washington, new york and philly in games 2, 3, and 4, but the first game's opponent is always different?

We don't always play Washington, we just always play the Giants and Philadelphia. However, usually they switch the game each year, but for some reason we're in Philly for a second straight year.

We don't always play Washington, we just always play the Giants and Philadelphia. However, usually they switch the game each year, but for some reason we're in Philly for a second straight year.

you're right its the giants and eagles games that are always the same. any idea why its scheduled that way?

you're right its the giants and eagles games that are always the same. any idea why its scheduled that way?

For the Giants its because its an easy commute (same stadium) and because the road team essentially only has to travel once that Preseason. Also, you always want to get a cross town rival game going, no matter what.

For the Eagles I've got to believe its because its a short 2, 3 hour bus trip. Nothing is better than when the Jets' four games are home against two random teams, on the "road" against the Giants and then a short road trip to Philly.

if they had played the eagles at home on thurs night... yeah I would have skipped it.

but I should make the 2 home games... hopefully they are 8pm starts. can i hope they are on saturday???

Both the Washington and Giants games will be played on either a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. My guess is one will be on a Friday, the other a Saturday. I'd love to have both on Saturday because the tailgating would be much better.

Both the Washington and Giants games will be played on either a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. My guess is one will be on a Friday, the other a Saturday. I'd love to have both on Saturday because the tailgating would be much better.

Friday's suck. It was brutal last year getting down for the games. Saturday would be awesome for me. And its all about me.

Friday's suck. It was brutal last year getting down for the games. Saturday would be awesome for me. And its all about me.

Friday's suck if you're a M-F 9-5 type job working man in terms of tailgating, yes. But other than that, having it on a Friday night isn't so bad because you don't have to worry about getting home and going to bed because you have work the next morning as you would have to do so if the game was played on a Thursday.

The Jets announced their preseason schedule today, sans dates and times. Here are the games, plus a few thoughts:

• at Cleveland: The Kellen Clemens-Chad Pennington QB battle opens in the Midwest against Eric Mangini’s best bud, Romeo Crennell.

• vs. Washington: Pete Kendall returns to his old turf. The last time Kendall played a preseason game at Giants Stadium he was…uh, playing center and firing shotgun snaps over the quarterback’s head. Ah, the good ‘ol days.

• vs. Giants: It’s their world, and the Jets are just living in it.

• at Philadelphia: Just a hunch, but this could be the Joe Flacco game. Clemens and Pennington get the night off, so the rookie QB from Delaware gets a chance to lead the Jets’ scrubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived