How is Chien-Ming Wang not an ace?

MagicBizkit87

The team wins most of the time when he pitches. No one has said otherwise.

According to JCB, Tim Wakefield should also be an "ace" as he won 17 games last year.

A team that wins most of the time when that pitcher is on the mound. Thats called an ace. Wakefield's ERA is like more then 1 run per game.

I don't even see why the hell I talk baseball with you guys. I know Wang is an amazing pitcher, the fact that you guys are trying to compare Wang to the likes of Jason Marquis, and Tim Wakefield, is downright retarded.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thing I have learned from this thread, besides that JCB9287654321 is a gigantic homer, is that Yankee fans vastly over-rate Roy Halladay.

I don't overrated Roy Halladay. I think he may be in the same boat as Wang, if not Wang may be better, considering he just beat him.

Can I ask a question.... Why do you need validation that Wang is an ace?

What does it change? Do you get an extra win for it?

Do you get an extra out?

I dont get this entire argument. He's a good pitcher. He's been overlooked because of the other pitchers that have been on the staff. He isnt a loudmouth. He doesnt strikeout 20.

So you think he's an ace? Great. Wonderful. If that's what you want to think, fine. But do you really think everyone is going to climb aboard the Wang Train and tell you how great and wonderful of a poster you are because you were the first guy to call Wang an ace?

I've got an idea... if people here agree with JCB, pos. rep him and tell him how smart he is. That'll make him feel good.

Actually, I could really care less what anybody thinks on here. The fact that Wang wins as many games as he does year in and year out, and you guys can't call him an ace is insane.

Here we go again. He "beat" him in April...that makes him better!

Here we go again. Starts mean a lot to us in April. Go ahead and say that April doesn't matter. Let the Cubs have to play catch up for the late part of the season, watch how fun that will be. Like I said earlier, we want our team to win now, and win often. Starts in April do matter.

http://www.fangraphs.com/comparison.aspx?playerid=2074&playerid2=510&playerid3=755&position=P&page=0&type=full

please follow link to see a comparison of Wang, Santana and Beckett.

The only category where he is better than the other 2 is HR's allowed.

I don't recall me saying Wang is as good as those two, in fact I said that those 2 were clearly better, although Wang is still an ace.

Here we go again. Starts mean a lot to us in April. Go ahead and say that April doesn't matter. Let the Cubs have to play catch up for the late part of the season, watch how fun that will be. Like I said earlier, we want our team to win now, and win often. Starts in April do matter.

One start in April does not make Pitcher A a better player than Pitcher B.

Saturday night, Dana Eveland (who?) kicked the **** out of CC Sabathia. You know what that means? Nothing, it's ****ing April 7.

Actually, I could really care less what anybody thinks on here. The fact that Wang wins as many games as he does year in and year out, and you guys can't call him an ace is insane.

If you dont care, then why are you debating this???

I am totally and completely confused by this.

Let me make this clear for you.

IT DOESNT MATTER IF PEOPLE THINK A PITCHER IS AN ACE OR NOT. IT MEANS NOTHING.

Do you really think people are going to see the light and believe Wang is an Ace? They arent. They have their opinion. You have yours. You cant accept people have a different opinion than you.

Rule #1 about debating/discussing- you must make an attempt to understand the other side. You dont. You are stuck on your opinion and cannot accept anyone else's opinion. So that makes your opinion biased and therefore must be disregarded.

If you dont care, then why are you debating this???

I am totally and completely confused by this.

Let me make this clear for you.

Do you really think people are going to see the light and believe Wang is an Ace? They arent. They have their opinion. You have yours. You cant accept people have a different opinion than you.

Rule #1 about debating/discussing- you must make an attempt to understand the other side. You dont. You are stuck on your opinion and cannot accept anyone else's opinion. So that makes your opinion biased and therefore must be disregarded.

:yawn:.... lol

One start in April does not make Pitcher A a better player than Pitcher B.

Saturday night, Dana Eveland (who?) kicked the **** out of CC Sabathia. You know what that means? Nothing, it's ****ing April 7.

No. No. No. Wang is an ace. His starts this year have proven it. How can we deny this simple fact?

Sure he's no Santana, Beckett, Wakefield, Dempster, Victor Zambrano, Kris Benson, but he's still an ace!

Keep telling yourself that.

I dont have to tell myself anything. Its the truth. Does the truth hurt?

You have given no reason why it matters if Wang is considered an ace.

You have not given any thought or consideration that Wang might not be the ace you think he is.

You fail to recognize any point other than your own.

If you are older than 21, I fear for your future. And the future of our country.

You're an embarrassment to Yankee fans everywhere. Give up. Go to bed. And come back in October with proof that Wang is the ace you say he is.

Or call WFAN or 1050espn radio- they might give a sh!t.

BTW... notice how I havent given an opinion yet??? You are fighting with someone who neither agreed or disagreed with you.

only thing better than a yankee fan who fights a losing battle.

you make real yankee fans look bad.

Maybe why I keep saying "Keep telling yourself that", because I don't want to hear what Bostonians have to say. Just because they win a couple championships in a couple sports they think they're hot ****, the fact that you even think Wakefield is good, is laughable, really i'm done with this topic, because i'm not going to be talking with someone who has these ignorant ideas.

Maybe why I keep saying "Keep telling yourself that", because I don't want to hear what Bostonians have to say. Just because they win a couple championships in a couple sports they think they're hot ****, the fact that you even think Wakefield is good, is laughable, really i'm done with this topic, because i'm not going to be talking with someone who has these ignorant ideas.

Are you saying Im a red sox fan?

btw... i never said wakefield was good...

if you thought that's what I said here:

Sure he's no Santana, Beckett, Wakefield, Dempster, Victor Zambrano, Kris Benson, but he's still an ace!

then you really are an idiot. See if you can figure out why...

So right now you would say Wang's the 10th best pitcher in the game? Does that mean that 20 other teams don't have a pitcher better than Wang, soon to be 19. If someone is the 10th best pitcher in the game, like what I think Blackout is saying, then what?

You tell us. Is the list that blackout listed a comprehensive list?

Is a top 10 or 20 pitcher in baseball considered an ace to you??

Again I ask, what is the line that determines who is an ace or not?

Dude, what part of my last post directed to you didn't you get. What part of "Maybe why I keep saying "Keep telling yourself that", because I don't want to hear what Bostonians have to say." don't you get?

Answer my question:

Do you think Im a Red Sox fan yes or no?

If no, what team do I root for.

Archived