Malcom Kelly

Blackout

It depends where you have a shot at him. If you are talking early second or late first, yes. If you are talking late second or third, I would take him (obviously we don't have picks in those areas right now). Kelly's strength is that he has very good, strong hands and that he is able to go up and make catches in traffic. Figure him as at worst Ernest Wilford and if he develops a little better route running ability he can be more than that. WR's that don't reach their potential in the pros are usually because they are not able to be consistent catchers with their hands and unable to handled the extra pressure from tighter coverage. You can get guys open (zone coverage, picks, motion, etc....). I think Kelly will be a player because of his good hands and ability to catch balls in traffic. Braylon Edwards is not the fastest man on the planet, either.

Kelly is a joke and will definitely be the Dwayne Jarret of this years draft. He did abysmal in his first pro-day and than bitched and blamed it on Oklahoma for running it on a slow surface. He than ran again on a fast surface and had arguably worst times when accounting for the surface. Even his coaches thought he should stay in school another season, he will not do well.

It depends where you have a shot at him. If you are talking early second or late first, yes. If you are talking late second or third, I would take him (obviously we don't have picks in those areas right now). Kelly's strength is that he has very good, strong hands and that he is able to go up and make catches in traffic. Figure him as at worst Ernest Wilford and if he develops a little better route running ability he can be more than that. WR's that don't reach their potential in the pros are usually because they are not able to be consistent catchers with their hands and unable to handled the extra pressure from tighter coverage. You can get guys open (zone coverage, picks, motion, etc....). I think Kelly will be a player because of his good hands and ability to catch balls in traffic. Braylon Edwards is not the fastest man on the planet, either.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

This guy might have been the first WR taken if it wasn't for 40 times. he is a decent route runner, and has great hands.

he just might be an excellent WR in the NFL, and he might be a total bust.

I would have to give him a lot of thought at 36, if he makes it there. Doubt he will

Archived