HERM/PARCELLS ERA OFFICIALLY OVER

gangreenman

As of this week, the Herm aka Parcells era officially ended when the Jets traded away Herm's latest 1st round pick, Dewayne Robertson, away for a conditional 09 draft pick. Combined with the move to trade Vilma to the Saints earlier this offseason, there are now ZERO Herm Edwards 1st rd. selections remaining on the team. Instead, the team has been moving in an entirely new direction under the reign of Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini. We are moving in a direction where draft picks are valued, where talent is rewarded over history, where hard work and accountability are more important than searching for morale victories and deflecting blame.

As of today, the 1st day of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Jets have an entirely new identity, and a team that is much closer to the one Tangini envisioned when they first took over. With draft choices such as David Harris, Darelle Revis, Vernon Gholston, Nick Mangold, Dbrickeshaw Ferguson, Kellen Clemens, Jerricho Cotchery, and Kerry Rhodes (late rd Herm selections), we now have some good young players which we can build around for the future.

With additions such as TJones, K Jenkins, Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, and Damien Woody, we have reached the beginning of the end of the transformation of this team.

HOWEVER, I still do not expect much from the team this year. Our team in 2008 will be much, much, different from the team we have seen for a long time. If our season were to start tomorrow, we would have 6 or 7 starting roles occupied by new players to the team. There will be 4 or 5 starters who will be entering their 2nd season with the team. And most importantly, we still are unsure about our starting Quarterback. I expect that sometime in the next 5 years we will make it very far, and possibly more than once. However, to expect everything to click and gel from the getgo may be a little unfair in my opinion.

Okay, rant over, carry on. :penguin:

I guess you guys are right in saying that the Parcells era isnt quite over yet. Really what I was trying to say was that the Herm era is over, but there was really no such thing as the Herm era, it was just a 5 yr continuation of the Parcells era (minus the good decisions and coaching, of course).

Archived