The Debate is over! Concrete reason why Clemens will be starter!

villain_the_foe

You see, its all about how you view "success". If you want a RB that will give you 2 seasons at 2000 yards a season and then will be a bum for the rest of his career then you as a franchise has to find another RB that can put up those same stats I guess would be successful for you.

Having a RB who would have been the first player to rush for 1,000+ yards in his first "I believe" 11 seasons, Passing the greats that you mentioned Emitt Smith and Barry Sanders" is a level of success as well...though he got injured and didnt do it...he's tied with those "Consistent Greats that you seem NOT to like".

Okay, let me break it down for you. The difference between Curtis Martin and every player that you mentioned is that Martin wasnt the most "flashy" most "speedy" most "Famous" RB on the field. However, he was the most productive when putting his team in a "positive" position.

For example, The Great Barry Sanders. Lets use him for an example. Barry will cut your legs from under you like somone cutting down a tree. He would hit you with the sickest crossover your legs have ever experienced and then he will run 89 yards for a touch down and then "give" the ball to the ref...not spike it (Its a fact that Barry Sanders NEVER spiked a football after a TD in his pro career). The problem with this is that, Barry Sanders also has the highest yards lost for a RB because of all the dancing and cutbacks that he did. Granted, he had absolutely no line at all, which made him even greater....but facts are facts. He lost ALOT OF YARDS which alot of times put the Lions in situations, that not being a very good football team to begin with they had to eventually force a play which was picked off or had to punt. Though Barry was the sickest "RUNNING" back of all time, yet he wasnt as consistently productive as Curtis Martin....its just a fact man.

Curtis Martin: No matter what the situation was, no matter the weather, if it was on grass, turf, The #1 rushing Defense or the Superbowl Champions of theeee ENTIRE WORLD.....He got you 4 f-ing yards. Do you know how important that was to a Jets team who had a QB that couldnt throw deep downfield (Which made it harder because the safeties always cheated up)? or to a QB like Testy who was almost as Immobile as Dan Marino and just couldnt avoid the sack? better yet, do you know how important that is to ANY TEAM? He doesnt lose yards almost ever. he's always in the "plus" category. He's not the "do nothing RB that will get you 30 yds in 3 quarters and one ridiculous 70 yard run in 1 quarter and all of a sudden he had a great game RB"....oh no, that wasnt Curtis "My Favorite" Martin. Dude, CHRIS BERMAN from ESPN even knew the deal when it came to Curtis Martin. How many times have you heard Chris Berman do highlights on a game and with the RB's he'll say "And_He_Could_Go_All_The_Way"? Alot wouldnt you say? You see, he rarely did that for Curtis Martin....but what you would hear him say is something more important than anyone going all the way because Chris Berman understood football and how valuable it is for a RB to do the things that Curtis did. He would always refer to Curtis as Curtis "MY FAVORITE" Martin. The host for ESPN's Football show even knew how gangsta Curtis Martin was on the field. Curtis didnt have to "go all the way", because where he was going he took the entire team there,....and YOU'RE HONESTLY SAYING that not only would you NOT want that on your team, BUT there are 50 other RB's that are better than Curtis "MY FAVORITE" Martin??? Really?????

I really dont think that you understand what 4 yards mean in a game of "inches". you have 4 chances to get 10 yards for a first down (well really 3 downs most of the time). Curtis Martin will get you that first down in 3 downs every time. you didnt have to wait for him in the 3rd or 4th qtr when he decided to break for 70 yards. He kept you on the field competing the entire game, which helped Pennington get those points that he's not getting now. He kept you on the field, getting the WR's in the game, He kept you on the field, To make John halls field goal kicks alittle closer instead of punting the ball to the other team, he kept you on the field my friend. Every week he kept us on the field, gave us a chance to smile and be proud to wear that booger green jersey from a franchise who looked like they were just born to lose football games....Curtis made alot of us love this F#cked up team that should have gotten him a ring if we would have spent the money like we did this year. The Patriots, Bills and Dolphins hate us....but the've ALWAYS respected Curtis Martin as a football player...why is that?

Curtis Martin, even outside of his amount of Yards total is still in the Top 5 to top 15 greatest RB's of all time for what he did in light of the team, not in light of personal stats (oh and trust, being in the top 15 greatest RB's with all the RB's to ever be in the league is a f-ing honor and a half). When you needed him to push out 100 of the years toughest yards against a Defense who had a "against the run" average of 70+ yards a game, and do that year, after year, after year, after year....I call him a "savior". When you need Curtis to run for 196 yards in Week 1 with a couple 20+ yard runs to help us get on that 5 game winning streak instead of starting the season out 0-1 I call him Curtis "My Favorite" Martin. When you ask him to go out there hurt damn near every game and do all this for you but you dont hear him bickering for "More Money or Trade Me" in the off season I call him Curtis "My Favorite" Martin. When you see a coach in Mike Holmgren for the Seahawks keep his RB out of a game just so Curtis Martin can get the recongnition that he deserves of not just being the RB yards leader but being in the lime light for his 15 mins of fame for being the Superb consistent Running back that he always has been....I call that league-wide respect.

Thats equivalent to Brett Favre telling his line to let Micheal Strahan through so he can get that record sack so he could get the recognition that he deserves for the hard work that he's done, not just for that year....but every year.

Cory Dillon doesnt get that. Alot of the 50 RB that you would put in front of Curtis doesnt get that.

So with that being said, I'll say this, With all the people you put infront of Curtis Martin...It would be like home sweet Home for him anyway. How many times has Curtis been over looked while putting in the most consistently productive work in the league over the long haul?

Its like the rabbit vs the turtle man...in the end the turtle always won!

I think you need to read this above Barton before you start commenting on Curtis.

Back to Business though, CHAD SUCKS...lmao.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:shock:

Corey Dillon did just fine???

He had 24 carries for only 73 yards. That's a 3 YPA with Tom Brady as his QB and with camera's as guidance.

Curtis had 19 carries and got 77 yards. That's a 4.1 YPA with Chad Pennington as his QB.

4.1 YPC vs the leagues #1 rushing D (And Pittsburgh was really dominant that year) is not bad at all Drago.

Yeah, that 13 yard run on 3rd & 24 through a mile-wide hole in Pittsburgh's dime defense was real impressive. Almost as impressive as that 6-yard run against a defense chock full 'o' DB's on 2nd & 18.

You realized that statistically, the average ypc against Pittsburgh ended up making them look better because they were fortunate enough to have faced Martin during the season, yes? They ended up 5th, not 1st, in ypc. And that number only improved because Curtis Martin carried the ball 24x against them.

Remove Martin from who they played against (and that meaningless drawplay on 3rd & an acre) and he did no better than the average NFL rusher did.

Biggest waste of Jets money & draft picks this side of Dewayne Robertson. Made a career out of averaging the same ypc as an average NFL RB & did it behind very solid OL's for the vast majority of his career at that.

So glad that crap is over with.

Yeah, that 13 yard run on 3rd & 24 through a mile-wide hole in Pittsburgh's dime defense was real impressive. Almost as impressive as that 6-yard run against a defense chock full 'o' DB's on 2nd & 18.

You realized that statistically, the average ypc against Pittsburgh ended up making them look better because they were fortunate enough to have faced Martin during the season, yes? They ended up 5th, not 1st, in ypc. And that number only improved because Curtis Martin carried the ball 24x against them.

Remove Martin from who they played against (and that meaningless drawplay on 3rd & an acre) and he did no better than the average NFL rusher did.

Biggest waste of Jets money & draft picks this side of Dewayne Robertson. Made a career out of averaging the same ypc as an average NFL RB & did it behind very solid OL's for the vast majority of his career at that.

Curtis is the man.

Curtis1995.jpg

idiot. :lol:

Curtis is the man.

Curtis1995.jpg

He looked real good averaging under 4 ypc for his Patriots career. That's what happens when you only have a noodle-arm keeping the defense honest. Oops - can't use that excuse on that one. Well worth surrendering multiple day one draft picks and making him the highest paid RB in NFL history. Twice.

Long live Savage69.

He looked real good averaging under 4 ypc for his Patriots career. That's what happens when you only have a noodle-arm keeping the defense honest. Oops - can't use that excuse on that one. Well worth surrendering multiple day one draft picks and making him the highest paid RB in NFL history. Twice.

Long live Savage69.

I know you aren't a Curtis fan but I loved the guy when he played for the Pats. I still remember his 20 yard TD run in the Super Bowl (I was there) and protecting his mother from Jim Gray at a game in Pittsburgh in 1995.

Jim Gray is a douchebag.

Earl Campbell doesn't even get honorable mention? This list is a complete disgrace. OJ is only honorable mention? Are you penalizing him for being a murderer? Based on this list I hope you are very, very young.

PS: I do like the Reggie Bush joke.

i'm 20, almost 21.

wasn't Earls career pretty short???

granted Terrell Davis's was too, but TD was THE dominant back when i got into football around 96. him and Faulk were the two RB's who i most wanted to watch. just absolute beasts.

Archived