2008 NBA Draft

MagicBizkit87

The draft is just a couple days away, and I was curious who everyone wanted their team to draft. Obviously I've had a list in my signature of who I wanted Orlando to draft. I have my eye on one guy right now. Power Forward from the University Of Florida, Marreese Speights.

I really wanted Orlando to draft SG Brandon Rush, but that seems impossible now, with his stock that has risen through the roof. Then I had interest in SG Courtney Lee, and SG Chris Douglas-Roberts. I still have interest in them, but if Speights falls to 22 Orlando has to pick him up. If he stayed in college for another year he would have been a top 10 pick, easily.

Plus, Howard, and Speights next to each other will scare the crap out of teams, and we'll finally have one key thing the Orlando Magic lacked after Milicic left. Offensive Rebounding.

CDR may have some trouble adjusting to the NBA game. He isn't a good shooter and he's too scrawny to post people up, he needs to gain some weight. He has good height and long arms which will help him as a defender but once again needs to put on some pounds for both offense and defense.

Right now it looks like the Knicks are trying to trade David Lee for the 5th pick so they have both the 5th and 6th pick. I'd really like for them to get Bayless or Gordon.

CDR may have some trouble adjusting to the NBA game. He isn't a good shooter and he's too scrawny to post people up, he needs to gain some weight. He has good height and long arms which will help him as a defender but once again needs to put on some pounds for both offense and defense.

Right now it looks like the Knicks are trying to trade David Lee for the 5th pick so they have both the 5th and 6th pick. I'd really like for them to get Bayless or Gordon.

I never really wanted CDR. I wanted Brandon Rush, and I would be thrilled if the Magic traded Redick, and the pick to trade up to get him, but my second option would probably be Marreese Speights.

WHAT!? Where did you hear that news PN? Trading David Lee would be a stupid, stupid move.

Bayless or Augustin would be my pick at six, if either is there, but you know, just know, that if he's there the Knicks are going to pick the Italian. Its going to suck.

WHAT!? Where did you hear that news PN? Trading David Lee would be a stupid, stupid move.

Bayless or Augustin would be my pick at six, if either is there, but you know, just know, that if he's there the Knicks are going to pick the Italian. Its going to suck.

That's the rumor going around, I don't like it but he's the only one with value on the team.

A day after I said, I would be thrilled if the Magic were to trade Redick, and their first rounder to get Brandon Rush, I end up reading this today on hoopsworld, and I know hoopsworld is pure trash, but it's still kind of funny:

The Orlando Magic are not moving JJ Redick this week, although informed sources say JJ is not off limits, simply not a chip the Magic want to cash until they know what's going on with Mo Evan and Keyon Dooling. The Magic are said to covet Brandon Rush and Courtney Lee in the draft.

Its been said if Brandon Rush and a promising front court player were made available to the Magic they might bite on moving Redick and the #22. Otis Smith has denied any interest in a deal this week.

Media availability with the draft picks is this afternoon in New York, and HOOPSWORLD will have the latest from the players themselves, so stay tuned for updates later today.

David Lee rumors were being reported on 1050 yesterday.

I agree with you about David Lee. The Knicks shouldn't trade him. I think Walsh is doing everything he can to make a move to get another pick and/or get rid of a bad contract. Lee's name is being thrown out there but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be traded.

I like Bayless a lot but I don't want any part of DJ Augustin at 6. He's 5'10 and not even a good athlete. He got destroyed by Derrick Rose and I just think he's another TJ Ford maybe not as good. Who is this guy Augustin going to defend in the NBA?

Don't want any part of Galinari either. Euro players, especially ones who aren't even putting up good stats in their own leagues, are alot more miss than hit.

Best thing the Knicks can do is draft Bayless, Gordon or Westbrook at 6 and try to move Jamal Crawford's contract. There are teams out there that want Crawford and will probably give expiring contracts for him.

What! You think David Lee is worth the 5th pick? You gotta be kidding.

Wow, the Knicks just passed up Jerryd Bayless and Eric Gordon for some Euro-scrub.

I am done with this organization. I know Walsh is a good GM but if D'Antoni doesn't have the personal relationship with Galinari's dad this move doesn't happen.

I'm becoming a Nets fan. I have had it.

hopefully the knicks can just do nothing but dump contracts for the next two years and start over with lebron and build from there.

If i'm Lebron, I'll be going to the BK Nets. Knicks have nothing but monkeys running the show.

I'm a little upset that Orlando took Courtney Lee over Darrell Arthur. I felt someone like Arthur could be awesome next to Dwight Howard. I agree SG/PG was more of a need, but Arthur is the better overall player.

I still have hope the Magic make a trade for a second round pick, and take Joey Dorsey.

Also, kind of a surprise to me, Douglas-Roberts is still on the board.

And Portland takes away the Power Forward, that I thought would be perfect for Orlando. Joey Dorsey has a Ben Wallace type mentality, and Portland destroys my hope of him being on the Magic.

PS: That was a very dumb pick by the Knicks, in case you guys wanted to be reminded again, and I'm sure you didn't.

Wow, the Knicks just passed up Jerryd Bayless and Eric Gordon for some Euro-scrub.

I am done with this organization. I know Walsh is a good GM but if D'Antoni doesn't have the personal relationship with Galinari's dad this move doesn't happen.

I'm becoming a Nets fan. I have had it.

:rl:

We'll see about the Knicks pick. Just remember they know a lot more about this guy and how he fits into D'Antoni's system than we do. I would've liked to have seen Bayless taken there but Gordon was terrible the second half of the season.

He had a broken left wrist plus his coach was in the middle of a huge recruiting scandal that was distracting the team.

I don't understand how anyone can rationalize this pick. If Mark Jackson or anyone besides D'Antoni became the Knicks coach they do not make this pick.

The next great NBA PG

get_image?provider_id=260&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=3007339

You should have taken Beasley. Paxson is an idiot. He is in love with taking the same player over and over again. Trade for Ben Wallace then draft two more guys, Tyrus and Noah, who are role players who can't score.

He already has Kirk Hinrich and now he goes out and drafts a similar player in Rose when David Stern gave him Michael Beasley - everything the Bulls were missing from last season - on a silver platter.

You should have taken Beasley. Paxson is an idiot. He is in love with taking the same player over and over again. Trade for Ben Wallace then draft two more guys, Tyrus and Noah, who are role players who can't score.

He already has Kirk Hinrich and now he goes out and drafts a similar player in Rose when David Stern gave him Michael Beasley - everything the Bulls were missing from last season - on a silver platter.

Are you joking?

They have 3 Beasley's already on the roster...

Deng

Nocioni

Thomas

They did not need another 6'8' SF, Possible PF...

They needed a real PG that can control a game... hinrich is just a coaches pet.

Courtney Lee won't come in and start on opening day, so I'm not happy from that sense.

If his defense is up to par, however, I will be happy with him in a bench role his rookie year.

You have to take Arthur at 22. Have to.

Yeah, I was really upset when we passed Arthur for Courtney Lee. I would have taken Lee there only if Arthur was gone.

I hear Lee is a nice defensive player though, he wouldn't be a bad option to play Point Guard sometimes though, as he did in college. He could play behind Jameer, and he could play behind Bogans as well at the 2.

Are you joking?

They have 3 Beasley's already on the roster...

Deng

Nocioni

Thomas

They did not need another 6'8' SF, Possible PF...

They needed a real PG that can control a game... hinrich is just a coaches pet.

Ecurb - what on earth are you talking about? None of those players are anything like Beasley.

Deng and Nocioni play the same position but neither of them have any post up game. Beasley is an excellent low post scorer and rebounder.

Thomas has 0 offensive game. How you compare him to Beasley is beyond me.

I thought you were a Bulls fan - what happened?

Ecurb - what on earth are you talking about? None of those players are anything like Beasley.

Deng and Nocioni play the same position but neither of them have any post up game. Beasley is an excellent low post scorer and rebounder.

Thomas has 0 offensive game. How you compare him to Beasley is beyond me.

I thought you were a Bulls fan - what happened?

The bulls need a strong PF... not another SF... and thats what Beasley is...

Rose is a stronger PG than Hinrich and will create more chances for the rest of the team becuase he will be a better slasher... not to mention he can finish at the rim and hinrich cant...

The bulls need a strong PF... not another SF... and thats what Beasley is...

Rose is a stronger PG than Hinrich and will create more chances for the rest of the team becuase he will be a better slasher... not to mention he can finish at the rim and hinrich cant...

Beasley is officially a SF but he plays more like a PF - he's an excellent low post scorer and rebounder. The guy averaged 26 and 12 last season. You can't argue with that.

David Stern handed Beasley to you guys gift wrapped and Paxson like the dumbass he is turned him down b/c he perceived him to be an attitude guy.

I watched alot of Bulls games last year and the lack of low post scoring killed that team. Gooden was a good addition (Danny Ferry is an idiot) but too little too late.

Rose will be a good PG but the Bulls already had a good PG in Hinrich. Move makes no sense - Paxson is a moron.

You're a Bulls fan so you will defend the move to death but I'm sorry it was the wrong move.

Beasley is officially a SF but he plays more like a PF - he's an excellent low post scorer and rebounder. The guy averaged 26 and 12 last season. You can't argue with that.

David Stern handed Beasley to you guys gift wrapped and Paxson like the dumbass he is turned him down b/c he perceived him to be an attitude guy.

I watched alot of Bulls games last year and the lack of low post scoring killed that team. Gooden was a good addition (Danny Ferry is an idiot) but too little too late.

Rose will be a good PG but the Bulls already had a good PG in Hinrich. Move makes no sense - Paxson is a moron.

You're a Bulls fan so you will defend the move to death but I'm sorry it was the wrong move.

Obviously you never checked out the odds in the vbookie forum. The $$ was on the Bulls picking Rose. 3-5 odds. Didn't seem to be much of mystery. Beasley being measued some 3" shorter than his listed 6'10 didn't help his cause any.

Yeah, I was really upset when we passed Arthur for Courtney Lee. I would have taken Lee there only if Arthur was gone.

I hear Lee is a nice defensive player though, he wouldn't be a bad option to play Point Guard sometimes though, as he did in college. He could play behind Jameer, and he could play behind Bogans as well at the 2.

I'd really like to see:

Jameer

Keyon

Hedo

Lewis

or

Jameer

Hedo

Lewis

Battie/ or FA

Dwight

Beasley is another guy with a PF skillset whose body would better be suited to SF. I think he'll be a good NBA player but he is NOT what the Bulls needed.

Sorry, but when you have the #1 Overall pick you take the best player there is no matter what position he is and you build the pieces around him. The best player in this draft was Derrick Rose. The Bulls made the right choice.

OJ Mayo is a joke. Good luck in Memphis (Minnesota traded him to Memphis for Kevin Love).

Archived