Can you construct a better football team than this???

Blackout

Peyton Manning the best QB ever?

LMAO.

Yeah, that makes no sense to me. He has one championship and has played with some great talent around him. He's one of the best ever, but not the best. Not yet anyway.

Yeah, that makes no sense to me. He has one championship and has played with some great talent around him. He's one of the best ever, but not the best. Not yet anyway.

Makes a lot of sense to me. He is not as mobile as Montana, but is every bit the passer with a much stronger arm. He doesn't have Bill Walsh calling the plays for him, so he does a pretty good job calling them himself (has there been any other QB in the last 25 years to do that consistently?). Montana had some pretty good talent around him, too. And finally, as far as one championship, his career may be only half over.

Yes, you have to have LT on any all time team, as a linebacker, even though he was not used as a classic OLB.

You want to talk about an athlete? I wish you younger guys could have seen Bobby Bell of the 60s - 70s KC Chiefs. His coach, Hank Stram, said Bell would excel at ANY position, including QB. Yes, 22 positions!!! He was that talented. In addition to playing on every down as a periennial All Pro LB, he played on all of the special teams. And he may have been the best special teams player of all time. Besides being a tackling machine that could shed huge blockers and run down the fastest returners, he returned an onside kick back for a TD. Twice in his career.

Bell and Lanier are little more than names to me. I remember my Dad saying they were really good, but nothing else. For some reason I remember Buck Buchanan and Otis Taylor. Probably because they are so big.

Versatility is important. I think would consider Mr. Sixty Minutes Bednarik as a reserve. HOF LB and played C and LB both for a championship season. The team in the OP is excellent, but I think it is a little weak on the bench. Particularly along the lines. I'd certainly take John Hannah at OG. I'd probably take Marino and maybe Elway at QB. I'd take Earl Campbell at RB. I love Campbell, injuries and overuse cut short his career, but in his prime he was the most dominating back I've ever seen. IMO, anybody that prefers Dickerson is going on stats alone and not their eyes.

I agree completely. LT was sent almost constantly. However, that doesn't mean he also wasn't one of the all time great LBs. He could do everything and do it very well. An athlete like LT would excel however you used him. I don't disagree with Bobby that he was a 3-4 rush LB, but IMO he'd still be the best OLB (I've seen) in a 4-3. To pick a team to compete with black out I'd have to use plenty of guys that I haven't seen play.

LT was one of the best if not the best LBer I ever saw, I loved him, I even have his video. He made the hall at the 3-4, inventing something incredible. Would he have made the hall in the 4-3? I don't know. Would I try him there? Absolutely! If was to make an "all" team, the first player I would name is LT. And it would be a 3-4 D. I wouldn't even think about a 4-3.

Archived