Joba is the real deal

Matt39

He should've been left in the bullpen. That way, Kei Igawa could've started last night and Joba could've pitched the 8th inning in a 14-2 deficit.

For some reason, I thought your answer would have 'Small Sample Size' in it somewhere.

You're losing your touch, mike.

I thought they should have left him in the pen

Fortunately some of the guys out there are pitching well...the switch has worked out well thusfar

It's a no-brainer, JonE.

200+ innings from a great pitcher vs. 60-70 innings from a great pitcher.

Starting pitching is much more valuable than relief.

Considering what the Yankees will be throwing out there this weekend against the Mets I honestly don't think they had much of a choice

Ponson

Giese

Rasner

Pettitte.

Now honestly guys, how many of you thought that this would be the rotation for the Mets series back in April ?

Hughes, Kennedy and Wang getting hurt or being ineffective neccesitated this move.

Joba has been good. Granted it was the Pirates (sorry Sharrow) his next test will be home against Texas and then we will really find out something about him when the Red Sox come to town for 4th of July Weekend.

It's a no-brainer, JonE.

200+ innings from a great pitcher vs. 60-70 innings from a great pitcher.

Starting pitching is much more valuable than relief.

Granted

But the timing of making the schange in mid season was stupid

I had no problem with getting him in the rotation, I just thought they should have done it next season rather than now

Worked out well so far....we'll see if he holds up

Granted

But the timing of making the schange in mid season was stupid

I had no problem with getting him in the rotation, I just thought they should have done it next season rather than now

Worked out well so far....we'll see if he holds up

It's not really as stupid as you think, it's really the best move the Yankees could have made. If they kept him in the bullpen, and with the injuries, and other stuff to Wang, Hughes, and Kennedy the rotation could be looking like this:

Pettitte

Mussina

Giese

Rasner

Igawa

Pettitte is the most reliable starter, Moose has been great this year, Giese who knows about him yet, I think he's better then Rasner though, and Igawa just sucks.

If Joba is almost as reliable as Pettitte, the rotation is going to be so much better. It really is the only move we could have made, especially since Wang is out until September now.

He should've been left in the bullpen. That way, Kei Igawa could've started last night and Joba could've pitched the 8th inning in a 14-2 deficit.

LOL

Imagine if the move hadn't worked out and Joba sucked as a starter, you'd have an army of Jetnation posters right now bumping threads and starting new threads talking about how right they were b/c Joba was such a money 8th inning guy.

LOL

Imagine if the move hadn't worked out and Joba sucked as a starter, you'd have an army of Jetnation posters right now bumping threads and starting new threads talking about how right they were b/c Joba was such a money 8th inning guy.

Not me. I've been for the move the whole time. I never expected him to transition like this so seamlessly, but this is the best thing for him. I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore at anything this guy does.

Gotta love what Joba is doing but all it is going to take is consecutive blown games in the 8th inning for a lot of Yankee fans to start going bat **** crazy on Girardi and the organization for making the move.

Like others have said, this has been against National League teams. Lets sit back and see what he does against Major League teams.

Archived