Pete Priscos 30 breakout players

Iceman88

I agree with the Revis & Harris picks but the following just goes to show that Prisco is an idiot (how does he even have a job covering the NFL?):

29. Chad Jackson, WR, New England Patriots: He has had two injury-plagued seasons that have limited him to 13 catches. That should change now that he's healthy. With Donte' Stallworth gone to the Cleveland Browns, the Patriots need a third receiver to step up. Jackson has the size and speed. Now that he's a year-and-half removed from a torn ACL, this is his time.

Has Prisco never heard of Jabar Gaffney?

if i were going to pick a pat*, i would not have taken the one that is hurt all year, every year. Might want to go with Merriweather who even i have heard is playing pretty well. You'd think a guy getting paid for this might do a better job.

Maybe not.

I agree with the Revis & Harris picks but the following just goes to show that Prisco is an idiot (how does he even have a job covering the NFL?):

Has Prisco never heard of Jabar Gaffney?

See, even Patriots fans know Prisco is a moron. I am honestly surprised he actually put Jets on there, especially 2 players that actually belong on this list. Usually he would ignore what these two have done, and put some two other morons up there.

It's been proven that Prisco knows nothing about the game of football though.

heres what i can't figure out. Peter King knows Kerry Rhodes is the real deal and in last years ranking he had K.R. in the high 20's out of 500 players.

this loser doesn't even have Rhodes anywhere.

Why would he have him in a list of breakout players? He has established himself and doesn't need to breakout.

because he belongs on some list about being standout.

also i think we haven't seen the best of Kerry

As much as I love Rhodes he disappeared until after the bye in week 11. A top 50 player in the NFL doesn't do that. I'm not saying that Prisco's list was good but the fact that your pissed because Rhodes wasn't in it screams homer. Rhodes will get better but hes already an established player who doesn't need to breakout, if you guys consider him a top 50 player he definitely should not be on this list.

As much as I love Rhodes he disappeared until after the bye in week 11. A top 50 player in the NFL doesn't do that. I'm not saying that Prisco's list was good but the fact that your pissed because Rhodes wasn't in it screams homer. Rhodes will get better but hes already an established player who doesn't need to breakout, if you guys consider him a top 50 player he definitely should not be on this list.

actually i'm not pissed cuz everyone has their opinion, but i do think he deserves more credit. i can't be pissed because the jets are a freaking yo-yo so its hard for them to get attention.

Pete Prisco made a list of the 30 players he think will break out next season. I have a feeling Jets fans will like this one a little more than his 50 best player list. Revis is #3 and Harris is #10.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10882613

I actually think it's the other way around, Harris will have more of a breakout than Revis.

I actually think it's the other way around, Harris will have more of a breakout than Revis.

I agree with you actually. It annoys me how everyone talks about how Patrick Willis is already one of the leagues best linebackers when David Harris had almost identical stats when he actually started and gets no hype. Harris should have started all of last year, Vilma never should have left the bench.

I agree with you actually. It annoys me how everyone talks about how Patrick Willis is already one of the leagues best linebackers when David Harris had almost identical stats when he actually started and gets no hype. Harris should have started all of last year, Vilma never should have left the bench.

Your point is valid.

Harris was every bit as good as Willis.

It had alot to do with competition within the league.

AFC/NFC

The Bengals Stacy Andrews BETTER break out this year. We slapped a franchise tag on him just to keep your Jets from grabbing him!

Yes you did, and I was very upset about it. The kid is going to be a monster.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Jets go after him again next year if Cinci can't get a deal worked out with him.

Oh man what an OL that would be.

D-Brick-Faneca-Mangold-Woody-Andrews.

A pass blocking monster, absolutely. A run blocking monster I'm not so sure about. He struggles here, and Cincinnati's running game numbers reflected it last season while he filled in for veteran Willie Anderson.

Hopefully he can improve on this part of his game.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Jets go after him again next year if Cinci can't get a deal worked out with him.

Oh man what an OL that would be.

D-Brick-Faneca-Mangold-Woody-Andrews.

Doubt we would have signed Woody and Andrews both.

Archived