Yankees place Posada on DL, season in trouble

JetNation

That SUCKS. Really hope they can avoid surgery. Even if he doesn't catch again this year. They could use his bat at DH when Giambi is at 1b. A switch hitter who works the count like Jorge does -- that is tough to replace.

I'm glad now that the Mets didn't sign him. :P

As usual you show your lack of baseball knowledge. What makes YOU of all the ameba on this forum think that the Mets had ANY chance of signing Jorge ? NONE. He is still worth the money and he should get surgery NOW. He will be ready to go next year. Molina has a gun behind the plate. He will not be anywhere close on offense, but the Yankees can find a way to make up for it. Once again you = FAIL

As usual you show your lack of baseball knowledge. What makes YOU of all the ameba on this forum think that the Mets had ANY chance of signing Jorge ? NONE. He is still worth the money and he should get surgery NOW. He will be ready to go next year. Molina has a gun behind the plate. He will not be anywhere close on offense, but the Yankees can find a way to make up for it. Once again you = FAIL

Your stalking me is quite touching fagboy. :P

Agree on that one. The Mets never had a shot at Jorge. He was flirting with the Mets to get that extra year from the Yankees, but I for one can say I am glad, that was the case. Signing a 36 year old catcher to a 4 year deal coming off a career year was a bit shaky for me. Jorge is one of the top catchers but for 4 years I'll pass on that.

Agree on that one. The Mets never had a shot at Jorge. He was flirting with the Mets to get that extra year from the Yankees, but I for one can say I am glad, that was the case. Signing a 36 year old catcher to a 4 year deal coming off a career year was a bit shaky for me. Jorge is one of the top catchers but for 4 years I'll pass on that.

EXACTLY, Let the Skanks spend their money like that.

Yeah, because Jorge is NOT worth the money. LOL.. You could only wish you had a guy like him behind the plate. Heck, you would like Molina if he were available. We don't sign players based on their dancing skills. I hear Mike Myazza is still available.

Yeah, because Jorge is NOT worth the money. LOL.. You could only wish you had a guy like him behind the plate. Heck, you would like Molina if he were available. We don't sign players based on their dancing skills. I hear Mike Myazza is still available.

:rl: Yup Koogy, he's really contributing while he's on the DL.

We

When you ultimately wind up in therapy, it is this word, in associating yourself with the Yankees that you may want to focus on drilling down on first with the analyst.

The ultimate "I am associated with the Yankees" tough guy bravado and internet muscle.

Just trying to save ya a few bucks in the long haul ;)

Posada is a piece of garbage that is overrated. I've never liked him, and he pissed me off Saturday with his awful catching and pitch selection. he sucks at framing pitches and is an all around idiot when it comes to base running and situational hitting. good riddance, play Molina.

I've never been a huge Posada guy, which many of you probably know. Although he did have a tremdous year last year- probably the best of his career. I've always felt he was unjustly mixed in with the Jeter's, Bernies, Oneill's and Tinos.

The guy was always an AWFUL clutch hitter. Other than his bloop single against Pedro in 2003, Posada never had that big hit in the playoffs or that stand out Yankee moment.

Posada is a piece of garbage that is overrated. I've never liked him, and he pissed me off Saturday with his awful catching and pitch selection. he sucks at framing pitches and is an all around idiot when it comes to base running and situational hitting. good riddance, play Molina.

Wow.

I've never been a huge Posada guy, which many of you probably know. Although he did have a tremdous year last year- probably the best of his career. I've always felt he was unjustly mixed in with the Jeter's, Bernies, Oneill's and Tinos.

The guy was always an AWFUL clutch hitter. Other than his bloop single against Pedro in 2003, Posada never had that big hit in the playoffs or that stand out Yankee moment.

So let me get this straight. Because he doesn't have a "standout" moment in the short Yankee montages on Youtube, he's not a good clutch hitter.

Hmmm...I remember a moment last year. Him getting run over, getting a couple huge hits, including the game-winning HR, in route to a huge comeback vs. Texas. I suppose because it's not the playoffs, though, it doesn't count.

So let me get this straight. Because he doesn't have a "standout" moment in the short Yankee montages on Youtube, he's not a good clutch hitter.

Hmmm...I remember a moment last year. Him getting run over, getting a couple huge hits, including the game-winning HR, in route to a huge comeback vs. Texas. I suppose because it's not the playoffs, though, it doesn't count.

Posada has never been known as a clutch hitter. This isnt just my opinion, most would agree.

And I said, last season was by far his best as a Yankee. And during the dynasty run he was never up there with Jeter, Bernie Oneill and TIno. However for some reason he gets grouped with them.

His bat will certainly be missed big time, but its not like we were getting much out of him this year so far anyways.

Molina has been lights out defensively, who knows maybe he can get hot at the plate for a strecth.

Posada has never been known as a clutch hitter. This isnt just my opinion, most would agree.

And I said, last season was by far his best as a Yankee. And during the dynasty run he was never up there with Jeter, Bernie Oneill and TIno. However for some reason he gets grouped with them.

He probably shouldn't be with them as far as stats go, but he's one of the greatest hitting catchers of this era. He is an invaluable commodity because of the offense he brings to a pretty light offensive position while also bringing solid defense. I don't know, maybe I remember more "clutch" moments than you do.

His bat will certainly be missed big time, but its not like we were getting much out of him this year so far anyways.

Molina has been lights out defensively, who knows maybe he can get hot at the plate for a strecth.

I think he should just screw this season and get the surgery. I think his shoulder was affecting him at the plate more than he let on...

In the meantime, I would make every prospect except Hughes, Jackson, and Montero available and go after someone like Jason Bay. He'd be a very good addition. I would make a strong push for Freddy Garcia for the back end of the rotation when Ponson starts stinking it up.

Forget Garcia. That's not the answer, although he does have big game experience. Here it is near August, and he still has not performed for the scouts to show he has recovered from his arm woes. I doubt he makes a contribution for anyone this year.

Archived