Devin Hester holding out of Training Camp - AP

not for a guy who is vastly underpaid. are you going to say that if Marques colston held out he wouldn't have been justified.

Well Colston isn't holding out, is he? All this guy does is return punts and kicks, he wouldn't be playing in the NFL on his receiver or DB skills alone.

Well Colston isn't holding out, is he? All this guy does is return punts and kicks, he wouldn't be playing in the NFL on his receiver or DB skills alone.

look all i'm saying is that he out played his contract, i'm saying they should pay him the world but who else have they got as a point scorer. and that he's worth more than $455,000.

i'd guarantee if he hit the open market someone would offer him 1 million plus a year

yeah i get the holding out is overdone, but that's for guys like Chad Johnson he does not deserve more money

Totally different from Colston, as he was entering the last year of his rookie deal, which was only for 3 years (not uncommon for a late 7th round pick).

Hester...first of all, no matter how many times the players & their agents say it, he is not playing for salary-only. He received bonus money including a $900K option bonus last year that he was all to happy to accept. That was drawn up in his contract for the purpose of a 4 year deal, not a 2 year deal.

Second, for all his kick return theatrics, he's still not a full time player and has yet to start an NFL game at any position on defense or offense in two full seasons. And he's also fumbled 15x in those 2 years.

However, I do understand where he's coming from. Even though he's really only been a special teams player, if he doesn't crack the starting lineup as a WR his dollars will go down on his next deal unless he has a miraculous three-peat of his special teams play (a long shot no matter how great he is); to say nothing of the possibility of injury. And even though he was drafted to be a special teams player AND a DB, there's no way they were expecting the 13 TD's they got out of a 2nd-round DB prospect.

So normally I have little tolerance for this stuff, but he really is in a unique situation as no one is close to the returner he is.

At the same time, if he thinks he'll stick on offense, he'd make more $ after waiting a year. But then, I'm sure his attitude is if that happens then he'll just hold out again for even more.

Totally different from Colston, as he was entering the last year of his rookie deal, which was only for 3 years (not uncommon for a late 7th round pick).

Hester...first of all, no matter how many times the players & their agents say it, he is not playing for salary-only. He received bonus money including a $900K option bonus last year that he was all to happy to accept. That was drawn up in his contract for the purpose of a 4 year deal, not a 2 year deal.

Second, for all his kick return theatrics, he's still not a full time player and has yet to start an NFL game at any position on defense or offense in two full seasons. And he's also fumbled 15x in those 2 years.

However, I do understand where he's coming from. Even though he's really only been a special teams player, if he doesn't crack the starting lineup as a WR his dollars will go down on his next deal unless he has a miraculous three-peat of his special teams play (a long shot no matter how great he is); to say nothing of the possibility of injury. And even though he was drafted to be a special teams player AND a DB, there's no way they were expecting the 13 TD's they got out of a 2nd-round DB prospect.

So normally I have little tolerance for this stuff, but he really is in a unique situation as no one is close to the returner he is.

At the same time, if he thinks he'll stick on offense, he'd make more $ after waiting a year. But then, I'm sure his attitude is if that happens then he'll just hold out again for even more.

I wouldn't doubt this 'miraculous' third season from Hester. His production itself (#'s and TD's) may go down but his value on special teams will not. More teams are now avoiding him and thus giving up field position instead. He's basically worth 20 yards a drive.

Archived