Morning TC Report

DMaynard

I got there about a half hour late (damn traffic), but ar least it stopped raining about 5 or 10 minutes after I got there.

I did not bring my trusty pad for fear of the rain, so I'll just give some highlights from memory.

Offense:

Neither Chad nor KC looks very good. Both looked rusty. No big deal. First day. KC had one really bad interception to Barton. Just threw it right to him. Clemens threw well in warm ups and passing drills (he threw one really nice long pass to Coles), but was very inaccurate in scrimmage, when he did throw. He handed off a lot.

Ratliff had a very nice long pass completion to Paul Raymond.

Bubba Franks looked a little ackward on some pass reception attempts. Seemed kind of thin, too.

Leon Washington had a beautiful long run with nice moves and blazing speed. This guy HAS to play more.

Stuckey was running well. Looks to be 100%. Let's hope he stays that way. Coles looks like his old self.

Dustin Keller looks very smooth and quick.

The best news on offense is D'Brick finally is looking more like a LT than a TE. Somebody finally gave him some pasta.

Defense:

Kris Jenkins is a beast. Pace seemed to be mostly lining up on the weakside. It will be interesting to see how things shake out between him, Gholston and Thomas.

The best news on defense is Justin Miller. Not only did he show his old speed and instincts on kickoff returns, but he played with the first unit a lot on defense. On one scrimmage play, he stayed with Coles step for step and was in excellent position, except the ball was overthrown. On the play he did just what you want a CB in man-to-man to do. He turned and stayed with the receiver step for step. He maintained good inside position. Then he turned to look for the ball at the right time. Looking back for the ball has been his biggest weakness as a CB so far. Let's hope he is finally getting it. The guy is a great athelete.

Despite the poor QB play and missing Gholston, it was a great opening TC day.

DMaynard

awesome & thanks. if miller figures how to play corner correctly, this will bode very well for the entire D. He definetely has the physical capability & speed and with revis on the other side, this could allow our D to blitz at will from anywhere.

Miller steppin up is key for ou D to reach a very high level

i've been bringing up miller's epiphany all offseason when people were sh!tting on us for not picking up a CB either via FA or through the draft. i've endlessly made mention of how frightening the D could be if that were to actually happen. with his skill set, he was touted as a 1st round talent coming out and would have gone in the 1st had it not been for his off-field issues. it may have been a fool's move to believe mangini when he averred that miller was making great strides, but maybe for once he wasn't being evasive. so, let's hope this is just the beginning for miller.

Archived