Start Leon Washington!

Irish Jet

This thread isn't even a huge knock on Jones. I just want to see more of Leon. It was a complete disgrace that he got so little playing time last year. He's much more of an all round back than TJ and has home run speed that Jones does not.

Jones is an average running back, never has he been anything more. Washington IMO could be complete stud if we use him correctly, he wouldn't even have to carry a huge load, he can still split. I think he should be getting the majority of the touches though.

No. Wrong.

Thomas Jones is the starting back and should be getting around 20 carries a game. However, Leon should see more than 75 touches on the ground. Would like to see Leon handle the ball around 150 times a year (like he did in 2006) and Jones 250. Keeps them both fresh and keeps them both from overplaying themselves.

No. Wrong.

Thomas Jones is the starting back and should be getting around 20 carries a game. However, Leon should see more than 75 touches on the ground. Would like to see Leon handle the ball around 150 times a year (like he did in 2006) and Jones 250. Keeps them both fresh and keeps them both from overplaying themselves.

I don't see why Jones should get more carries. Leon IMO has at least done enough so far in his career to get a shot at being the main guy. All this 'he's too small' talk is ridiculous. He's short, not small.

I say we at least give him a chance, see what he can do before you write him off as a change of pace back.

the days of Emmitt Smith getting 35 carries a game are gone

most NFL teams run a tandem of some kind

who starts doesn't really matter as long as both play

don't forget Leon can contribute hugely as a return man (he won the PIT game with that return in OT), he can't do that if he's winded from being a full time starter.

Yesterday Leon showed his ability. The amount of big plays during practice were noticeable to say the least. On at least 6 or 7 occasions, he was in the open by 15-20 yards because he blew past the person in coverage or ran passed everyone on a handoff. And this is during situations where if you get solid contact on them it is considered a tackle. In all these situations, no one was even close to him to get a touch.

the days of Emmitt Smith getting 35 carries a game are gone

most NFL teams run a tandem of some kind

who starts doesn't really matter as long as both play

don't forget Leon can contribute hugely as a return man (he won the PIT game with that return in OT), he can't do that if he's winded from being a full time starter.

We have Miller for returns now. Someone else can do punt returns, Leon was never great at them anyways.

There was another back in NY that was labelled a change of pace back, etc. and when he got the chance he put up HUGE numbers as an all around back.

Leon is getting bigger and stronger.

He's always been tough as nails.

We will never know if he can "handle the load" unless he's given a chance.

In his short career I can already name a number of times that he's changed the outcome of a game in our favor.

I can also recall him breaking the century mark in Jax when he was the every down back.

This guy has talent. Period.

Let's give him a shot.

Worst thing that happends is we reduce his load and go back to what we "know".

There was another back in NY that was labelled a change of pace back, etc. and when he got the chance he put up HUGE numbers as an all around back.

Leon is getting bigger and stronger.

He's always been tough as nails.

We will never know if he can "handle the load" unless he's given a chance.

In his short career I can already name a number of times that he's changed the outcome of a game in our favor.

I can also recall him breaking the century mark in Jax when he was the every down back.

This guy has talent. Period.

Let's give him a shot.

Worst thing that happends is we reduce his load and go back to what we "know".

=D>

Well said. He's more than earned at least the opportunity to get more carries. It's not exactly like he's playing behind LT or Barry Sanders.

No. Wrong.

Well if Jones is going to get 20 carries a game, than his total would be more like 320. For 250 for the year that would be about 15 a game, and 10 a game for Leon. Just helping you with your math. :D

But those are numbers I would be ok with. I am definitely expecting Jones' TD numbers to be much higher this year.

I was one of those people, Miller was a complete stud when it came to those positions. Washington is as good or better than him.

True, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller as KR again this season. It's tough to lose a job, a job which he was great at, through injury.

True, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller as KR again this season. It's tough to lose a job, a job which he was great at, through injury.

He has a serious injury, I think Mangini will determine this through Pre-Season.

Good competition tho.

Well if Jones is going to get 20 carries a game, than his total would be more like 320. For 250 for the year that would be about 15 a game, and 10 a game for Leon. Just helping you with your math. :D

But those are numbers I would be ok with. I am definitely expecting Jones' TD numbers to be much higher this year.

AROUND 20. Maybe I should help you with yoru reading. :lol:

He has a serious injury, I think Mangini will determine this through Pre-Season.

Good competition tho.

To get back on topic for a sec. From what I've heard Miller has been running very well. I think it's now safe to say he HAD a serious injury. Hopefully he's now 100%.

To get back on topic for a sec. From what I've heard Miller has been running very well. I think it's now safe to say he HAD a serious injury. Hopefully he's now 100%.

I'll still be on the safe side and go with Leon Washington.

Archived