Yankees taking a hard look at Bannister as trade deadline nears

Lil Bit Special

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/722113.html

Should the Royals send pitcher Brian Bannister back to New York if offered outfielder Melky Cabrera or another run-production bat in return?

Such an offer might be forthcoming, because the Yankees appear determined to boost their rotation and are showing increased interest in Bannister as an alternative if ongoing efforts to acquire Seattle

I call bullspit

Why would the Yankees want to trade the best 2nd baseman in the AL

Agreed. This makes no sense. The rotation is NOT struggling and Wang will be back. They need Cano's offense, now that he remembered how to create some.

Right now making that kind of a deal seems a little ridiculous.

I wouldn't even do a Washburn for Cabrera straight up.

Seattle wants to get rid of Washburn. He has been a flop in Seattle and is making a ton of money.

Cabrera, despite all the rips taken at the guy is still the best defensive outfielder the Yankees have. Unless the Yanks have someone in the minors ready to come up and play center what are they going to do ? Put Damon back in Center ?

I won't even get into the talk about Cano. That is beyond ridiculous right now.

Um, lets see...Cano has better carrer numbers than Kinsler.

Sorry

Like what? OPS I am sure? Um, no.

Power? um no, Kinsler's HR/ab is better.

Speed? um no, Kinsler kills Cano there.

Cano is better in batting average (in decline the past 2 years though) and has more RBI (I did not research opprotunities).

Even DaBrick (madmike) will tell you Kinsler is better based on numbers.

Like what? OPS I am sure? Um, no.

Power? um no, Kinsler's HR/ab is better.

Speed? um no, Kinsler kills Cano there.

Cano is better in batting average (in decline the past 2 years though) and has more RBI (I did not research opprotunities).

Even DaBrick (madmike) will tell you Kinsler is better based on numbers.

When the year is over I expect Cano's career numbers to still be better like they were before this season started.

Cano is a better hitter. Im sorry that upsets you.

When the year is over I expect Cano's career numbers to still be better like they were before this season started.

Cano is a better hitter. Im sorry that upsets you.

Oh, so you are basing this study on YOUR EXPECTATIONS of where he will be.

Very scientific.

I based my study on CAREER to TODAY.

If I wanted to throttle you in this, I would have done YEAR to DATE.

But, who can argue with MATT'S EXPECTATIONS :)

We get it, you are a homer who likes to throw OPINION out as a basis of FACT, and when cornered to supply tangible evidence relating to back up that opinion, calls names.

So be it.

How am I being a homer? I find it hard to believe I'm the only person that would take Robinson Cano over Ian Kinsler.

Their career numbers are pretty darn close. Cano's awful start didnt help matters but he's currently the hottest hitter in baseball and I expect him to end his season close to .300 and around 20 HR's. He's that talented at the plate.

They are both relatively young and I like Cano's upside as a hitter more than I do Kinslers.

How am I being a homer? I find it hard to believe I'm the only person that would take Robinson Cano over Ian Kinsler.

Their career numbers are pretty darn close. Cano's awful start didnt help matters but he's currently the hottest hitter in baseball and I expect him to end his season close to .300 and around 20 HR's. He's that talented at the plate.

They are both relatively young and I like Cano's upside as a hitter more than I do Kinslers.

It was YOU who said that Cano had better CAREER numbers.

When that was disproved, you go to expectations of where you think he will be.

Your argument is foundering.

It was YOU who said that Cano had better CAREER numbers.

When that was disproved, you go to expectations of where you think he will be.

Your argument is foundering.

DIsproved by OPS? Ok. Cano hits for a higher average and drives in more runs.

Archived