Jose Reyes Gets Married

Lil Bit Special

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/mets/2008/07/reyes-ties-the-knot.html

Congratulations to Jose Reyes, who married his longtime acquaintance Katherine on Friday. The couple, who has two daughters and lives with Reyes’ parents on Long Island, is planning a big ceremony in the Dominican Republic this winter.

“All the family will be in the Dominican,” said Reyes, who had his parents and about a dozen other observers at City Hall.

500_reyes-wedding.JPG

Congrats! Sucker.

When did he throw a teammate under the bus.

BTW-That is one of the laziest analogies in sports today.

Subway Series, Delgado couldn't hang onto the ball that Reyes threw over & he slammed his glove & sunglasses onto the ground like a child.

As for the analogy, it wasn't to be taken seriously. It was a joke, obviously not a very good one but a joke nonetheless.

Subway Series, Delgado couldn't hang onto the ball that Reyes threw over & he slammed his glove & sunglasses onto the ground like a child.

As for the analogy, it wasn't to be taken seriously. It was a joke, obviously not a very good one but a joke nonetheless.

So you knew that display was meant to be derogatory towards Delgado, and that Reyes was not upset at himself?

That all you got?

I have never, and it it may have happened, heard Reyes chirp on a teammate or management.

Please, show me these comments.

So you knew that display was meant to be derogatory towards Delgado, and that Reyes was not upset at himself?

That all you got?

I have never, and it it may have happened, heard Reyes chirp on a teammate or management.

You need to read the spanish newspapers. :D

Very closely, are you telling me that Reyes isn't a showboat/guy that throws his teammates under the bus?

First of all, Reyes has never thrown any of his team mates under the bus. You can call him immature all you want. But please get the facts straight.

If you actually followed baseball, you would realize Reyes is one of the most uniquely talented players in the league. You basically called him non hitting speed guy ala "Willie Mays Hayes", or a Juan Pierre type. Do you expect him to bunt his way on base all the time? Do you not realize, as of today, Reyes leads all MLB shortstops in extra-base hits and that includes the great Hanley Ramirez. He is hitting over .300. I think close to the league lead in hits or lead the league in hits amongst all MLB SS. Also among MLB SS leads in SBs, top 5 in BBs, tops in runs scored and trails only Hanley Ramirez in OPS, and if the season ended today would probably finish in the top 5 in NL MVP voting. Should I go on, or should you just quit, run and hide?

First of all, Reyes has never thrown any of his team mates under the bus. You can call him immature all you want. But please get the facts straight.

If you actually followed baseball, you would realize Reyes is one of the most uniquely talented players in the league. You basically called him non hitting speed guy ala "Willie Mays Hayes", or a Juan Pierre type. Do you expect him to bunt his way on base all the time? Do you not realize, as of today, Reyes leads all MLB shortstops in extra-base hits and that includes the great Hanley Ramirez. He is hitting over .300. I think close to the league lead in hits or lead the league in hits amongst all MLB SS. Also among MLB SS leads in SBs, top 5 in BBs, tops in runs scored and trails only Hanley Ramirez in OPS, and if the season ended today would probably finish in the top 5 in NL MVP voting. Should I go on, or should you just quit, run and hide?

So he is NOT a baby that throws tantrums on the field ? I guess we were all just imagining what we saw on TV. You can post the same stats about Manny Ramirez. It doesn't change the fact that they act ridiculous at times.

So he is NOT a baby that throws tantrums on the field ? I guess we were all just imagining what we saw on TV. You can post the same stats about Manny Ramirez. It doesn't change the fact that they act ridiculous at times.

I never said he didn't throw a tantrum on the field. He showed emotion on the field and was frustrated, "at himself". Should he have been more professional in that one spot? Possibly, probably. The previous comment was that he "throws his teammates under the bus". That is a huge difference to me, and that has never been the case. I'll take Reyes' energy and emotion any day of the week. I have never heard one peep from Reyes' teammates who complain about his celebrations or what not. The only person who had issues with Reyes was Randolph and we all know what happened to his sorry ass.

As for Manny, as crazy as he is, Boston can't do without him and everyone knows that. Without Manny, Yankee fans would still be chanting 1916 or whatever it is. I guarantee you, the day Boston gets rid of Manny, they'll be popping champagne bottles in the Bronx.

That all you got?

He showed up Delgado right after that play, that's a no no. he's a selfish pouting brat, and the temper tantrum at the end of the inning made it even worse.

He has a history of acting like a child. the problem is he is 25 years old now and has been in the league a couple of years. he's really maturing quickly.

He showed up Delgado right after that play, that's a no no. he's a selfish pouting brat, and the temper tantrum at the end of the inning made it even worse.

He has a history of acting like a child. the problem is he is 25 years old now and has been in the league a couple of years. he's really maturing quickly.

Do I want him as a best friend? No

Do I want my children to emulate him? No

Do I want him batting leadoff for my team and playing shortsop? Yes.

That is all I really care about Jose Reyes. I have enough friends and role models already. Kloogy included.

Do I want him as a best friend? No

Do I want my children to emulate him? No

Do I want him batting leadoff for my team and playing shortsop? Yes.

That is all I really care about Jose Reyes. I have enough friends and role models already. Kloogy included.

:rl:

He should be setting an example for his teammates on how to act if he's that important to the team. don't you think? or do you want 9 Jose Reyes/brats playing for your team? :baby:

:rl:

He should be setting an example for his teammates on how to act if he's that important to the team. don't you think? or do you want 9 Jose Reyes/brats playing for your team? :baby:

I will count on teh David Wrights and Johan Santanas to set the example.

Jose Reyes is not much of a leader, and the Mets don't ask him to.

He does not make huge splashes by pronouncements in the press, nor has he caused trouble off the field.

He is an exciteable player who is not fully mature. He also is a heck of a baseball player.

Do the Mets ask him to be Derek Jeter? No. And he doesn't have to be.

I will count on teh David Wrights and Johan Santanas to set the example.

And Reyes undermines every example they set by showing up his teammates.

Jose Reyes is not much of a leader, and the Mets don't ask him to.

He does not make huge splashes by pronouncements in the press, nor has he caused trouble off the field.

He is an exciteable player who is not fully mature. He also is a heck of a baseball player.

Do the Mets ask him to be Derek Jeter? No. And he doesn't have to be.

He's a professional baseball player, and a very good one. the least he could do is act like one. that's all I'm saying.

Archived