If Kellen doesn't beat Chad, Brady Quinn = Our #1 Target In '09

Untouchable

Favre is most likely out of the picture. Hate to say it but it's true.

Judging by the reports so far out of camp, Chad seems to have the edge although Kellen may be coming on as of late. I guess we'll have to wait out TC and the pre-season from beginning to end.

With that said, I think we're heading into another season with Chad as our QB. I honesty think he can be an effective stop gap for another year or two behind a revamped O-line and a potentially awesome defense. But one thing holds true.....

We have to bring in a new heir apparent next offseason if Kellen doesn't win the starting job.

The QB crop in the draft is fairly weak. Matt Stafford and Curtis Painter are the only prospects who even have a chance of making something of themselves in this league IMHO.

This leads me to Brady Quinn. He certainly has the makeup of a franchise QB. Good size, strong arm, nice accuracy, played in a pro style offense under Weis. His pocket presence was sometimes called into question at Notre Dame but nothing too big. He's now stuck behind Derek Anderson who looks to be the future in Cleveland.

Quinn would be my #1 target after the season. If Chad is our starter this year, we have to look for a potential franchise QB. Quinn is far and away a better prospect than anything in next years draft.

If we have a solid season, and QB truly proves to be oure biggest weakness, then this is a move I would strongly consider even if it takes a 1st round pick.

Thoughts?

I've seen you post this on JI but don't think I responded.

Personally I doubt Quinn leaves Cleveland, I genuinely think they'll trade Anderson before they'll trade away him. I don't rate Anderson highly at all. He is the product of a great situation with the Browns IMO. He has a great O-line, Good running game and great weapons to throw to. The unmissable targets that are KWII and Braylon Edwards make him look better than he is. Much better. I wouldn't want him if he becomes available TBH, which I feel is a much more likely scenario than Quinn becoming available.

Anyways, it completely depends on how both season go for the respective teams. I mean you're talking about pickups in 09 before there has even been a pre-season game in 08. You're getting way too ahead of yourself.

Let's see how things play out this upcoming year before we make up our minds about this current roster.

Favre is most likely out of the picture. Hate to say it but it's true.

Judging by the reports so far out of camp, Chad seems to have the edge although Kellen may be coming on as of late. I guess we'll have to wait out TC and the pre-season from beginning to end.

With that said, I think we're heading into another season with Chad as our QB. I honesty think he can be an effective stop gap for another year or two behind a revamped O-line and a potentially awesome defense. But one thing holds true.....

We have to bring in a new heir apparent next offseason if Kellen doesn't win the starting job.

The QB crop in the draft is fairly weak. Matt Stafford and Curtis Painter are the only prospects who even have a chance of making something of themselves in this league IMHO.

This leads me to Brady Quinn. He certainly has the makeup of a franchise QB. Good size, strong arm, nice accuracy, played in a pro style offense under Weis. His pocket presence was sometimes called into question at Notre Dame but nothing too big. He's now stuck behind Derek Anderson who looks to be the future in Cleveland.

Quinn would be my #1 target after the season. If Chad is our starter this year, we have to look for a potential franchise QB. Quinn is far and away a better prospect than anything in next years draft.

If we have a solid season, and QB truly proves to be oure biggest weakness, then this is a move I would strongly consider even if it takes a 1st round pick.

Thoughts?

i would give up a first or a second for him,but not farve.

Yup. All of that NFL Action he's had so much of clearly proves that.

What did Kellen Clemens prove in his stint as NYJETS QB that Mangini pulled the plug on. Hes not the answer.The sooner the organization realizes that and moves on the better off we all will be.

We should have taken Brady Quinn when we had the chance. Another sub-par year with Chad say it aint so.... I never thought Kellen was the answer and it seems TRAINING CAMP 08 is proving that more and more each day.

Wrong, we should have taken Jay Cutler when we had the chance. :biggrin:

What did Kellen Clemens prove in his stint as NYJETS QB that Mangini pulled the plug on. Hes not the answer.The sooner the organization realizes that and moves on the better off we all will be.

I don't think too many are arguing that point. However, the question was WHAT HAS BRADY DONE?

Something you know nothing about.Ever gotten close enough to a moth to smell his balls.

Irish the NYJETS need a QB like it or not they spent alot of $$$$ not to upgrade QB.

I was kidding, relax.

I know we are pretty screwed at QB right now. We shouldn't need our QB's to be great this season, if they're in any way decent I think we'll be in the playoffs.

We do need to target someone for the future, if we're going to get a QB to be the franchise guy, I'd rather we done it through the draft to be honest.

I like Derek Anderson. I think he's definitely an above average QB. He's certainly got some great targets, but I don't think Quinn or Chad would be able to put up the same production.

Braylon Edwards is still my favorite WR in the league, and one of my absolute favorite players. I generally don't like rooting for non-Jets players, but Edwards and LT are my two exceptions. It'd be awesome if we could somehow get rid of Chad and Coles and wind up with Edwards, but no way anybody is stupid enough to go for that.

Archived