Can we end the Brad Smith experiment?

jimfire

I have seen enough of Smith. Lets get some young blood in there. I know hes good on special teams. He served as a distraction early on, but teams are onto his lack of ability. His plays are all predictable. His qb play in the New England was very poor. He drops way too many balls and doesnt run great routes. I sure Clowney and or Stuckey can add more to the offense and make up for his special team play.

in case you haven't noticed a lot of receivers "get it" in their third year, Cotchery did. I've posted the statistical similarities before, the parallel each other quite nicely. patience dude.

this receiving core has more depth than you know

only difference with your comparison is that cothcery didnt get any where near the play that smith has seen. his problem was the hc never recognized his ability. big difference. I would just hate to lose a potentially very good player because we held a mediocre player who makes a special team play once in awhile.

My understanding is that Smith was looking decent at WR in training camp this year. Not spectacular, but decent.

So I guess the team has decided to give him a little more time. But I agree that he has to show them something in the preseason this year if plans to make the team.

in case you haven't noticed a lot of receivers "get it" in their third year, Cotchery did. I've posted the statistical similarities before, the parallel each other quite nicely. patience dude.

this receiving core has more depth than you know

I don't think his major problem is the way he runs routes. He drops way too many balls. I don't think year three or year thirty three has anything to do with that.

right now Brad Smith and Wallace Wright-one of them is on the way out...David Ball? I watched him on ST's vs the Browns and he should keep his suitcase very close

I have been saying it for years Brad Smith is not a Wide Receiver. Remember when people wanted him to be the 3rd option? No. Here is what should happen. Brad should be the 5th WR. His special teams value is tremendous. Then he can stay fresh and they can use the trick plays as a novelty instead of a staple. With a new OLine they don't need to do as much trickery.

Wallace Wright? I have been a huge fan of his. His special teams play is legit. But I don't think he is going to make the team again this year. Unless there are injuries, but the way it stacks up now Wallace is going to be the odd man out.

Coles, Cotchery, Smith are locks. Stuckey is looking good. Clowney is looking good.

It is a good problem to have because clearly this year there is more talent in camp.

I have been saying it for years Brad Smith is not a Wide Receiver. Remember when people wanted him to be the 3rd option? No. Here is what should happen. Brad should be the 5th WR. His special teams value is tremendous. Then he can stay fresh and they can use the trick plays as a novelty instead of a staple. With a new OLine they don't need to do as much trickery.

Wallace Wright? I have been a huge fan of his. His special teams play is legit. But I don't think he is going to make the team again this year. Unless there are injuries, but the way it stacks up now Wallace is going to be the odd man out.

Coles, Cotchery, Smith are locks. Stuckey is looking good. Clowney is looking good.

It is a good problem to have because clearly this year there is more talent in camp.

yes you have been WW's biggest fan Max-pointing out his excellent work as a ST's gunner...the tough part is Clowney is also a gunner with even better speed and pass catching ability. Brad Smith will make the team and it's a pretty good corps of WR's you're predicting IMO

yes you have been WW's biggest fan Max-pointing out his excellent work as a ST's gunner...the tough part is Clowney is also a gunner with even better speed and pass catching ability. Brad Smith will make the team and it's a pretty good corps of WR's you're predicting IMO

You know how every year there is that one WR in camp that everyone is in love with? He is usually a UDFA and everyone claims he is the real deal. Clowney is that guy this year imo.

Except normally I don't hop on the bandwagon. I am usually skeptical. Right now I am buying what Clowney is selling. And I honestly believe he has a very good shot at making this team.

He didn't have a huge college career but he seems locked in right now. If he continues to play like he has, he is going to be a happy camper come cut down day.

You know how every year there is that one WR in camp that everyone is in love with? He is usually a UDFA and everyone claims he is the real deal. Clowney is that guy this year imo.

Except normally I don't hop on the bandwagon. I am usually skeptical. Right now I am buying what Clowney is selling. And I honestly believe he has a very good shot at making this team.

He didn't have a huge college career but he seems locked in right now. If he continues to play like he has, he is going to be a happy camper come cut down day.

who was that big white guy a few years that was tearing it up in TC and when the games started he couldn't catch a cold? Anybody remember-he was under Herm

who was that big white guy a few years that was tearing it up in TC and when the games started he couldn't catch a cold? Anybody remember-he was under Herm

He did that two years in a row. Hackett actually featured him the game plan. They threw pass after pass his way and it was drop, drop, drop.

Do we really know how good Wallace Wright is as a receiver? I mean he's been with the team a long time, but I rarely remember him playing the position even in preseason. I think he got some WR time last year when Coles got hurt, and I remember specifically he ran past his man on a long pattern and Clemens underthrew him by about 8 yards and it was intercepted. Not sure if the ball was tipped or not.

I'm wondering if Wright didn't make the team his very first year mostly because of his special teams play, then excelled so much there that they never even gave him a second thought as a genuine wide receiver. It happens.

Archived