This is a joke-Bengals thinking of bringing back WR Chris Henry

faba

Updated: August 19, 2008, 2:47 AM ET

The Cincinnati Bengals are close to reaching an agreement with free-agent receiver Chris Henry, Henry's agent Marvin Frazier said Monday. Henry is en route from Charlotte, N.C., to Cincinnati to sign a contract with the team as early as Tuesday, a source told ESPN.com.

Henry

"We're in talks and we're real close," Frazier said. "I'm just glad they're willing to let the past be the past and give him a chance. I just hope that the Cincinnati fans will give him the same type of chance."

The impending deal was first reported by ESPN.com.

The Bengals refused comment on Henry when contacted Monday night.

"We don't comment on speculated player moves," Cincinnati team spokesman Jack Brennan told ESPN.com. "We only comment when something is done."

Henry, a former Bengal, was released by the team in April after his fifth arrest in three years, this one in connection with an incident said to have taken place March 31. But charges of assault and criminal damaging were later dropped, making him eligible to play in 2008.

Still, the NFL suspended Henry for the first four games of the season.

AFC North blog

ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

If Chris Henry could stay out of trouble and if he was in a situation where he could start he'd make Brandon Marshall look like Ricky Proehl. Good resigning by Cincinnati if he can stay out of trouble, but I doubt he can. Like Marshall, a complete waste of talent.

That team just flat out doesn't care about a players character. As talented as the team is, the team character is what always does em' in IMO.

I thought they might have learned their lesson but apparently not. Maybe for their sake Henry's learned his lesson.

Archived