How's that Manny trade...

Zeebers

working out for the Dodgers? 7th loss in a row and getting swept by the Nationals. That is utterly ridiculous. I guess we can welcome back clueless Joe.

Lets see.......

The Red Sox are 16-8 since the trade, the Dodgers are 11-14.

lets see

dodgers = getting manny 4 free and attendence has boosted tenfold

red sox = paying his salary, traded 2 players and paying for Bay

EXACTLY!!!

This trade came at big expense for the Sox.

It was a no brainer for the Dodgers, and a trade the Sox HAD to make. I miss Manny, but he wasn't carrying this team to a WS this year or beyond. it is the pitching, people! If Beckett is okay, the Sox have a decent chance at making a run as Bay is filling in nicely.

If you don't think the Dodgers are better with Manny you're an idiot.

He's a great hitter, no doubting that, but when he's in the right mood. Which he hasn't been in lately. Gainzo's right... the key figures Boston 16-8 Dodgers 11-14. that's a 5 1/2 game difference.

To clarify my statements so some of you here don't get your panties in a bunch. I never said the Manny trade made LA worse. All I said was the Dodgers lost 7 in a row and now 8 and going nowhere. Every single Yankee fan on this board did cartwheels when that trade went down, and all I am saying is, right now, that trade has not had the desired effect on LA. Getting swept by the Nats is inexcusable. I was also mocking Torre and I think he is getting exposed a little bit.

If you look at overall talent in said trade, there is no question, LA had the best end of the deal. Bay can't hold Manny's jockstrap, but you know what, you're an idiot if you don't think this trade has made Boston into a better team. Boston was never going to get the Manny that wants to play. They were stuck with a Manny, that already gave up on the team. That trade was one of those addition by subtraction things. If you don't think so just look at the records.

I know. Do you know there are some yankee fans out there that have never seen their team win a championship? That must be awful.

Tell us about it, please. You didnt see the sawx win a championship until your hairline started to recede.

Bandwagon kid Yankee fans.....:rl:

Barton will just come back with his "26" championships defense. Nothing better than a young Yankee fan living in the past.

The older* Yankees fans are rational and know whats going on.

*Apart from JonE who isn't around today for some reason!

To clarify my statements so some of you here don't get your panties in a bunch. I never said the Manny trade made LA worse. All I said was the Dodgers lost 7 in a row and now 8 and going nowhere. Every single Yankee fan on this board did cartwheels when that trade went down, and all I am saying is, right now, that trade has not had the desired effect on LA. Getting swept by the Nats is inexcusable. I was also mocking Torre and I think he is getting exposed a little bit.

If you look at overall talent in said trade, there is no question, LA had the best end of the deal. Bay can't hold Manny's jockstrap, but you know what, you're an idiot if you don't think this trade has made Boston into a better team. Boston was never going to get the Manny that wants to play. They were stuck with a Manny, that already gave up on the team. That trade was one of those addition by subtraction things. If you don't think so just look at the records.

I watched a couple of Dodger games this week and there is little Torre can do to change things. They are awful defensively, never hit in the clutch and their SP completely let them down against the Nats.

Manny has been great. What a player when he wants to be though the Red Sox never would have seen this version of Manny the rest of the way. You look at the Dodger line-up and their staff and you figure they should be good. It just isn't the case and hasn't been for a few years now. Guys like Kemp and Loney are supposed to be on the verge of big breakout years but in reality they put up good middle infielder numbers offensively and nothing more. Andruw Jones and Pierre are done while Jeff Kent is a liabilty at 2b now.

Bay is a much better player than he is given credit for.

Barton will just come back with his "26" championships defense. Nothing better than a young Yankee fan living in the past.

The older* Yankees fans are rational and know whats going on.

*Apart from JonE who isn't around today for some reason!

Jon E ? Oh if you only knew how hard I'm biting my tongue. ;)

I didnt even know a 2nd team in New York existed until the 2000 World Series.

Where the Yankees spanked the living sh#t out of the Mets.

Fortunately for you, that team will keep New York baseball alive in October for a 14th straight year.

I know. Do you know there are some yankee fans out there that have never seen their team win a championship? That must be awful.

How many old turd died in New England crying themselves to bed about never watching their team win crap? I still giggle when I see your so called Hall Of Famers being paraded around with ZERO jewlery. It brings a chuckle to me. Puke fans should be the last ones pointing fingers at anyone about winning championships. The Marlins have as many championships in my lifetime as your team. I'm 35.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived