124's Keys to the Game: Jets @ Dolphins ~ Week 1

I believe it comes out on Wednesday.

You are right, hardkore is an idiot. Pay no attention to him...or me. ;)

Also, I think Brady will be playing. For the sake of my fantasy team, he better be. He has been on the Patriots injury report for like four straight seasons now.

I think the bigger issue for him will be if he has any rust and/or hangover effects from the Super Bowl. The last time he played any type of competitive game of football, he was force fed turf all day long.

Who knows, the first time Derrick Johnson breaks through the line on a blitz, Brady may drop the ball, curl into a ball and rock back and forth while sucking his thumb.

One can only hope.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are right, hardkore is an idiot. Pay no attention to him...or me. ;)

Also, I think Brady will be playing. For the sake of my fantasy team, he better be. He has been on the Patriots injury report for like four straight seasons now.

I think the bigge rissue for him will be if he has any rust and/or hangover effects from the Super Bowl. The last time he played any time of competitive game of football, he was force fed turf all day long.

Who knows, the first time Derrick Johnson breaks through the lineon a blitz, Brady may drop the ball, curl into a ball and rock back and forth while sucking his thumb.

One can only hope.

:lololol: I say potw. :)

How is your offense much better than last year? BF has shown that without a talented WR core he is a slightly above avg. QB. Check his stats from 2005. Im not saying Cotchery and Coles are bad, but they're no Driver, Jennings and Jones.

You have to consider that without a strong running game Favre will revert to the gun slinger who thows at least 20-25 picks this season.

Again, Im not saying we'll win but If we stop the run you have to like this game to be close.

And yes, our pass rush has been abover average this camp and pre WITHOUT Joey Porter. Channing Crowder, Jason Ferguson and Matt Roth have all been solid.

1. Have you ever thought that the reason those 3 WRs are "good" is because they had a HOF QB throwing to them? Cotch, and Coles are better than them.

2. We do have a strong running game, so we won't have to worry about that.

3. 1-15, that's all I gotta say to this "close game" BS. The only thing you guys have done is downgraded your team from last year. Your QB is worse, you drafted an unproven rookie and are already starting him, and you lost Thomas, and Taylor. Oh yeah, and you got Ricky Williams back. Believe me, Ricky will only make you worse.

4. It's PRE season, it doesn't even count, you're overhyping the Dolfags again.

1. Have you ever thought that the reason those 3 WRs are "good" is because they had a HOF QB throwing to them? Cotch, and Coles are better than them.

3. 1-15, that's all I gotta say to this "close game" BS. The only thing you guys have done is downgraded your team from last year. Your QB is worse, you drafted an unproven rookie and are already starting him, and you lost Thomas, and Taylor. Oh yeah, and you got Ricky Williams back. Believe me, Ricky will only make you worse.

I fail to see how our QB is worse than a guy whose brain fell out of his head (Trent Green) a lemon (uhm...Cleo Lemon) and a rookie who still cannot hold onto the ball (John Beck, I have never liked him).

Pennington, if nothing else gives us a QB that can at least get he ball from the center's poopshoot, to the running backs hands. And for us, that is a plus.

1-15 isn't too far away from 4-12. Considering two of your wins came against our pathetic team from last year, they should really count as half wins. Which means we are closer to you than you guys think.

Meh. I don't disagree with you though. I have learned to always expect a loss. That way, I am never dissapointed. Plus, it makes it that much funnier when we do screw up and win one (or two...).

I nominate this for post of the year. No additional comments needed.

1. You have no idea if Coles and Cotch are better than Driver and Jennings. Stop talking of them like they are scrubs.

2. Really? Since when?

3. Chad Pennington is worse than Cleo Lemon? Okay.

Having Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams back will hurt the Dolphins?

That's such a flawed post it's unbelievable. The Dolphins will be better this season. I can't stand seeing other Jet fans thinking this game guaranteed win. It's embarrassing.

dosnt change the fact that you have the worst running backs in the league and you wont admit it because you are a delusional jet fan. You guys talk about the Jets like they are contenders...They finsished 4-12. Some people seem to forget too fast.

whatever dood! I got the key to the JETS gameplan right ova here. show up and put there jocks on. the rest will be a stinkin fish blowout!!!!!! Gyno tony's lock of the friggin century Jets 45 Fish 0.

yeah bro they got noodle arms over there now. this game will be a friggin BLOWIE! and your right, they TOTALLY drafted a rookie who didnt prove JACK yet. although...he is a rookie, but anyways.

ricky wont...well he does have sick pythons for a 31 year old, but thats it bro, they aint bigger than my man golstons! or mine, but im a lil bit smoother.

and bro DOLFAGS?!!!\LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLMAOROFLAMAOZEDONG!

I wholeheartedly disagree...

Seriously, with "expert" commentary like that, i expect for CBS/FOX to sign you up soon enough. Sadly, I am not joking.

dood...why dot you go judge a cupcake contest, insted of my boy who knows what it takes to win JETS games.

This guy admits hes homo right in his post every time on the top left. what r u from san francisco dood? dont ask dont tell ever heard of it? i dont need to brag how im slammin hot babes left and right...dont ask dont tell right?

dood...why dot you go judge a cupcake contest, insted of my boy who knows what it takes to win JETS games.

This guy admits hes homo right in his post every time on the top left. what r u from san francisco dood? dont ask dont tell ever heard of it? i dont need to brag how im slammin hot babes left and right...dont ask dont tell right?

...and the fearless leader of the Jet Nation emrges?

Are you kidding me with this guy?

What it mostly says is that a first year coach who was in over his head lost his starting QB, RB, and best WR by week 6. Yes we were bad, yes we lost 6 games by 3 points blah blah. But thats the diff between me and alot of fans. I know we''re not gonna be good this year. You guys were 4-12. Now I hear predictions of 11 and 12 wins? C'mon bro...

i hate the 'phins. i hate 'phin fans. though i respect you're being a realist. i also have an excellent grasp on the reality of my team's shortcomings last year. i expect improvement from my team, as do you with yours - though they really couldn't do much worse, well, they could, but parcells and co. would really have to make hot mess of things - however, looking at our schedule, i have a hard time counting ten wins let alone 11 or 12. and although we have added a bunch of good players at pivotal positions that were found lacking in the '07 squad, what worries me is we've added a bunch of good players at pivotal positions. i really hate saying this, but the '01 rats showed what great team chemistry is capable of and the '08 jets are still looking for that magic. yet hope springs eternal for every fan, no? i really like saying this, the '07 giants showed how finding that groove and getting hot at the right time can stomp brady and the rats' asses out for their only loss, their most important loss of last season. 18-1 is a real bitch when that "1" is the last one. but i digress... the vets the '08 jets brought in, can play football and given time the entire team could very well hit its stride. if the giant game is any indication, this D could be fun to watch. yes it was preseason. yes the schemes were rudimentary at best. but for ny bragging rights with the starters playing for a half you have to figure the DC dialed up a little something. once the O-line jells they should be a problem for opposing Ds across the board. questions are:

- how much time will it take?

- will there be enough time left to make the tournament if/when it finally does happen?

answers:

- kcuf if i know and anyone would be hard pressed to say for sure.

- i doubt it, but i wouldn't be too surprised if they can. it really all depends on how quickly we can put it all together. i'm more apt to predict 8-8 for the season, but even that could be a stretch at this point. if they can get lucky eking out 3 wins through the first quarter of the season and if the O-line comes to own the LoS after the bye and if the front seven can really find "it" during the bye and if the secondary situation can be settled and solid as a result, 11 or 12 could be possible. but that's a bunch of "ifs" i wouldn't bank any real money on. 8-8 is respectable, but i wouldn't be too surprised with better.

He said they could have a field day if their O-line gets a strong push up front, I tend to agree. We must be the dominant team in the trenches IMO, otherwise we're in trouble.

very true. that RB tandem could be dangerous if their line is more stout than ours. and if their ground game is dangerous, pennington could be lethally efficient. taking this game for a gimme is a foolhardy move.

...and the fearless leader of the Jet Nation emrges?

Are you kidding me with this guy?

i really hope we are, man. he isn't exactly what i'd call a prime example of a JN'er... though neither am i... so, i guess, i am the kettle and the pot is definitely black.

No not Gyno Tony!!! Who let this guy in?!

dood? What is dood? Must be some new New York lingo that I'm unfamiliar with. It's probably the reason he's slammin hot babes ;)

dood? What is dood? Must be some new New York lingo that I'm unfamiliar with. It's probably the reason he's slammin hot babes ;)

dude= its all good. dood= u better watch out...

and how did you get a picture of the guy who works at the bodega around the corner from my apt. in your aviator thing?

Archived