124's Keys to the Game: Jets @ Dolphins ~ Week 1

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Nope, no delusions of grandeur this year. We're rebuilding instead of taking the 'Band-Aid' approach. Might wanna watch out for that ;)

If Favre, Fanaca, Woody, Jenkins and Pace are band-aids, make me a mummy.

Man, that was corny. :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds familiar doesn't it? Nope, no delusions of grandeur this year in Miami. We're rebuilding instead of taking the 'Band-Aid' approach. Might wanna watch out for that ;)

I seriously can't wait to hear the silence after week 1. You guys are decades away from making the playoffs, I hope your young brotha. :biggrin:

If Favre, Fanaca, Woody, Jenkins and Pace are band-aids, make me a mummy.

Man, that was corny. :)

Extremely corny. The "Washington Redskins Approach to Offseason Acquisitions" doesnt work very well. Favre fell in your lap. Acquiring him was a wet dream come true. Which is why acquiring those guys and killing your cap was foolish. So obviously they must have thought CP was good enough to carry this team right?

How can a team with the worst running backs in the league control the clock?

Just curious...

Is favre gonna throw every down? He might start crying about his arm getting tired.. Big ****ing baby.

Jealously, I see? All he said in that interview was that his arm was fatigued. That's what practice does to every QB, every one. And I know a Dolfags fan like you can't talk sh1t about our QB. Suddenly Chad goes from noodle arm who can't throw 15 yards, to a god, or in Chad's case a godess? I don't think so. You overhype the Dolfags every year, every single fan does, and they never live up to their overrated expectations. More to come.

Oh c'mon bro decades? I know Tuna made you guys a SB contender by year 3, so you have to give us at least a sporting chance this deacde dont cha?

Alright, maybe I over exaggerated. You have to think about it tho, your team won 1 game last year. Just 1! That says a lot.

Extremely corny. The "Washington Redskins Approach to Offseason Acquisitions" doesnt work very well. Favre fell in your lap. Acquiring him was a wet dream come true. Which is why acquiring those guys and killing your cap was foolish. So obviously they must have thought CP was good enough to carry this team right?

I don't deny that Favre was pure luck. Good work by Mr. T once he had the chance, but there is no way they were planning for someone like Favre to become available.

They were not planning on Chad. All of their hope was on Clemens. If Clemens failed, which he did, at least for now, Chad was around just to make them competitive until they eventually found someone else.

And the Jets offseason acquisitions made sense. Unlike the Redskins, who just picked up expensive "names". These guys are all still in their primes and filled gaping holes that together with the Jets young talent, create a formidable team.

Time will tell. Starting with Sept 7.

Alright, maybe I over exaggerated. You have to think about it tho, your team won 1 game last year. Just 1! That says a lot.

What it mostly says is that a first year coach who was in over his head lost his starting QB, RB, and best WR by week 6. Yes we were bad, yes we lost 6 games by 3 points blah blah. But thats the diff between me and alot of fans. I know we''re not gonna be good this year. You guys were 4-12. Now I hear predictions of 11 and 12 wins? C'mon bro...

What it mostly says is that a first year coach who was in over his head lost his starting QB, RB, and best WR by week 6. Yes we were bad, yes we lost 6 games by 3 points blah blah. But thats the diff between me and alot of fans. I know we''re not gonna be good this year. You guys were 4-12. Now I hear predictions of 11 and 12 wins? C'mon bro...

You were also outscored in the division by these margins.

Bills: 51-27

Jets: 71-41

Pats: 77-35

AFCE: 199, Dolphins 103.

The Bills and Jets both ranked near the bottom of the NFL in points scored but still had no trouble piling up the points against the Dolphins.

Taylor & Thomas are gone. The Jets offense is much better, the Bills should be the same, while the Pats are the Pats.

The key to the Jets is this - STOP THE ****ING RUN!

This is where Kris Jenkins has to come up big. We can't afford to let the Fish get their ground game going, if we do Pennington will pick us apart with play action. If we can stop the run, we force Pennington to beat us throwing the ball. We know Chad's play as well as anyone, I'd more than fancy our chances against him if he was passing all day vs our secondary with Pace and Harris coming at him. We wont pressure Pennington if we don't stop the run, that is what we NEED to focus on. That Miami team looks like it could have a pretty scary running tandem now that Williams is back and looking very good.

I think we should be able to play well on offense to win the game. I'm not too worried about Favre's protection simply because I can't really see what Miami have to really cause him problems or pressure him. Brick should handle Joey Porter without any problems.

I also think Special Teams will play that big a factor in this game simply because both teams have very stropng units. Now that I've said that the teams will combine for 4 TD's on special teams but I'll say it anyway.:lol:

Overall I'm confident that we can win, and I'd love to see us win comfortably. It will be tougher than most Jet fans expect though IMO, Miami are a different team than they were last season. Unfortunately for them, so are we.

You were also outscored in the division by these margins.

Bills: 51-27

Jets: 71-41

Pats: 77-35

AFCE: 199, Dolphins 103.

The Bills and Jets both ranked near the bottom of the NFL in points scored but still had no trouble piling up the points against the Dolphins.

Taylor & Thomas are gone. The Jets offense is much better, the Bills should be the same, while the Pats are the Pats.

How is your offense much better than last year? BF has shown that without a talented WR core he is a slightly above avg. QB. Check his stats from 2005. Im not saying Cotchery and Coles are bad, but they're no Driver, Jennings and Jones.

You have to consider that without a strong running game Favre will revert to the gun slinger who thows at least 20-25 picks this season.

Again, Im not saying we'll win but If we stop the run you have to like this game to be close.

And yes, our pass rush has been abover average this camp and pre WITHOUT Joey Porter. Channing Crowder, Jason Ferguson and Matt Roth have all been solid.

Jets

2. Pressure Pennington

- All Jets fans know this and even though some won't admit it, but its the truth. If Pennington is given enough time (more than the average QB however) he can pick you apart and win a game, even as the underdog. The Jets must see some pass rush from OLB's Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas and Vernon Gholston and or ILB David Harris (5 sacks in 8 starts last season along with 100+ tackels).

nice analysis. besides pressure i think the best way to stopping chadwick is to take away the middle of the field. chad's success is dink and dunk and the deep ins. the jets need to make chadwick throw the ball to the sidelines and force him to make the long throws by taking away the middle. take away slants, seems, etc... and make chadwick throw outs .

if he throws enough outs one of them will be a revis pick 6.

How is your offense much better than last year? BF has shown that without a talented WR core he is a slightly above avg. QB. Check his stats from 2005. Im not saying Cotchery and Coles are bad, but they're no Driver, Jennings and Jones.

You have to consider that without a strong running game Favre will revert to the gun slinger who thows at least 20-25 picks this season.

Again, Im not saying we'll win but If we stop the run you have to like this game to be close.

And yes, our pass rush has been abover average this camp and pre WITHOUT Joey Porter. Channing Crowder, Jason Ferguson and Matt Roth have all been solid.

I'm a Pats fan. Maybe my avatar with Kraft and Tippett unveiling Andre's bust at the HOF may have tipped you off. Not to mention my sig. :P

The Jets offense has improved twofold since last season. Favre will throw some boneheaded picks but he will also make throws that Penny would have no chance of completing.

I'm a Pats fan. Maybe my avatar with Kraft and Tippett unveiling Andre's bust at the HOF may have tipped you off. Not to mention my sig. :P

The Jets offense has improved twofold since last season. Favre will throw some boneheaded picks but he will also make throws that Penny would have no chance of completing.

Sorry about that, I didnt know the Pats had anyone make it to the HOF ;)

Miami fans are a disgrace.

Jet fans are a disgrace.

See? I can write stuff too!

Honestly, I am not sure what to make of this game. Miami is certainly not the same team as they were a year ago, but they also are in the middle of a MASSIVE rebuilding project that could see them lose more games early than late.

I am sure they will have a ton of penalties (they did all preseason), but the o-line has been together pretty much through camp and have mauled people in the running game. Assuming they get a push on the Jets D-line, Ronnie and Ricky could have a field day.

If the push goes the opposite way? Pennington is going to have to throw his way to a Miami victory and that makes it less likely that Miami would win.

On the flip side, Miami's defense has been stout this preseason, but they have MAJOR depth issues. New York would be wise to spread them out early and often. Once you get past the starting corners for Miami, it is razor thin. If Favre can get protection and have multiple options to throw too in the passing game, the Jets may go up early and be able to hold off any type of possible surge by Miami with a minimal ground game and basic defense.

Either way, it should be a fun game. Week one always is.

Is swear JN just set a record for the amount of Miami fans who have signed up and posted over the last couple of weeks.

Since Max & TomShane rolled out JN in 2005 I could count the Dolphin fans who posted here on one hand.

Before anyone says it: Garb, Alk, PFKISH and I were invited here. The rest of the Pats posters are pretty much useless ;)

Is swear JN just set a record for the amount of Miami fans who have signed up and posted over the last couple of weeks.

Since Max & TomShane rolled out JN in 2005 I could count the Dolphin fans who posted here on one hand.

Before anyone says it: Garb, Alk, PFKISH and I were invited here. The rest of the Pats posters are pretty much useless ;)

For the record, Samphin and I were invited by 124 who posts over at ThePhins.com. (You may carry on with the bashing of our beloved Miami Football team now)

For the record, Samphin and I were invited by 124 who posts over at ThePhins.com. (You may carry on with the bashing of our beloved Miami Football team now)

I know 124 posts over at thephins.com. That's cool.

You have been very level headed with the thoughts on your team. I do agree that the game on Sunday is going to be close.

I'll be watching the Chiefs/Pats game, but will keep my eye on the Jets/Dolphins game.

I know 124 posts over at thephins.com. That's cool.

You have been very level headed with the thoughts on your team. I do agree that the game on Sunday is going to be close.

I'll be watching the Chiefs/Pats game, but will keep my eye on the Jets/Dolphins game.

Speaking of which, is Brady really out? Or are BB and Co. screwing with the injury report again?

I dont know how you guys will overcome a bad foot AND shoulder :)

Although its the Chiefs, Matt Cassell may even coast you guys to a W

Jet fans are a disgrace.

See? I can write stuff too!

Honestly, I am not sure what to make of this game. Miami is certainly not the same team as they were a year ago, but they also are in the middle of a MASSIVE rebuilding project that could see them lose more games early than late.

I am sure they will have a ton of penalties (they did all preseason), but the o-line has been together pretty much through camp and have mauled people in the running game. Assuming they get a push on the Jets D-line, Ronnie and Ricky could have a field day.

If the push goes the opposite way? Pennington is going to have to throw his way to a Miami victory and that makes it less likely that Miami would win.

On the flip side, Miami's defense has been stout this preseason, but they have MAJOR depth issues. New York would be wise to spread them out early and often. Once you get past the starting corners for Miami, it is razor thin. If Favre can get protection and have multiple options to throw too in the passing game, the Jets may go up early and be able to hold off any type of possible surge by Miami with a minimal ground game and basic defense.

Either way, it should be a fun game. Week one always is.

Miami got better, but so did we. I think the 2008 Dolphins are better than the Jets of 2007. Don't think your team is any good, really. A field day? Are you serious?

Don't think the Dolphins is the only team that got better in the division. Kris Jenkins, Alan Faneca, and Calvin Pace are better and more important than any player you guys picked up this year. You'll see Week 1.

Miami got better, but so did we. I think the 2008 Dolphins are better than the Jets of 2007. Don't think your team is any good, really. A field day? Are you serious?

Don't think the Dolphins is the only team that got better in the division. Kris Jenkins, Alan Faneca, and Calvin Pace are better and more important than any player you guys picked up this year. You'll see Week 1.

He said they could have a field day if their O-line gets a strong push up front, I tend to agree. We must be the dominant team in the trenches IMO, otherwise we're in trouble.

I think the game will be close and could set records for shortest game with all of the attempted running plays. In the end the team with more talent wins and that is the Jets

That is an interesting point. The Jets passing game will be simplified as well so we might see lots of short passing on both sides. Damn the clock will stop for the first time at the two minute warning.

:)

Speaking of which, is Brady really out? Or are BB and Co. screwing with the injury report again?

I dont know how you guys will overcome a bad foot AND shoulder :)

Although its the Chiefs, Matt Cassell may even coast you guys to a W

Brady will play opening day but I'm sure he will be listed as probable, "leg", on the injury report.

For those in the know. When is the first injury report released? Wednesday?

Archived