It's done-clean up the mess, get back in 2006

Bugg

It's been a great run, but it's past time for the Yankees to call it a day. They won't run up a white flag. But realistically, with this pitching, it's unlikely that they will make up 3 or 4 games on the Sawx or As, which would require playing .650 ball. The pitching isn't there. Period.

And then time for someone (hopefully Gene Michael) to ask:

Why is this pitching so mismanaged for the length of the Torre/Stott regime?Why do solid major league pitchers suck once they get here, and prosper elsewhere? Why don't young guys get a shot except out of desperation?

Why is the farm system so barren?And why it is that a guy like an almost-ready high 90s control pitcher Craig Hansen(who's college career at SJU was about 25 minutes from Yankee Stadium)get passed over for another crap shoot high school position player. Theo Epstein promptly snapped this guy up, Boras be damned, knowing he's got a guy that may be able to close as soon as next year.How many John Ford Griffin and Shea Morenz idiot highs chool picks are there gonna be while the Yanks ignore established college guys? And on the one occasion they actaully drafted a solid guy-Mark Prior-that's when they choose to draw the fiscal uncrossable line. I guess they had to save money to sign Tony Womack to a multiyear deal.

How is it that the Yanks don't have a reliable CF in the system?

How is it Robinson Cano can get through 3 minor league seasons without being asked to bunt?

10 years of playoffs, 4 titles and several other pennants, even with one historic collapse, is a great run. But its' time to look at everyone and everthing and figure out what's atill usable(Jeter, Arod, Matsui) what's not. Stop throwing good money after bad.

That's all valid, Bugg, but this year is not yet over.

Boston is shaky, just like the Yanks are. ANYTHING can happen in a playoff series, as we saw last year when the second place team beat the division champs to win the AL title.

I'm not giving up on this year just yet.

Why is the farm system so barren?

is it that barren or are these guys withering on the vine. Cano, Wang, and Small are doing great. Melky is still a ways away but how many others are in the system waiting to be traded and excel for another team. what about this Bean kid? hughes and duncan will be in the majors in a couple of years.

i think the time to re-tool is the off-season, although i don't know how much they can really do with all of the bad contracts they have. i think bernie and brown's contracts are up - that still leaves posada, wright, and pavano althoug i am holding out hope that healthy the P's will be effective.

they can't cut too much payroll b/c of the bloated giamni, arod, and jeter contracts - that means they have to rebuild on the fly.

Chill bug. Cool down. We're just 3.5 games out

In the playoffs, in 5 and 7 game series ANYTHING can happen.

Who thought the 2000 Yankees, who entered the playoffs on a terrible not losing almost all their games in the previous 2 weeks and ended up with just 88 wins would not only make it to the world series but win it?

All it takes is the team to CLICK.

Whether or not that happen to this team is anybodys guess but never say never. 8)

Chill bug. Cool down. We're just 3.5 games out

In the playoffs, in 5 and 7 game series ANYTHING can happen.

Who thought the 2000 Yankees, who entered the playoffs on a terrible not losing almost all their games in the previous 2 weeks and ended up with just 88 wins would not only make it to the world series but win it?

All it takes is the team to CLICK.

Whether or not that happen to this team is anybodys guess but never say never. 8)

The Yanks are as good as they are going to get.

To quote Par$ells, "You are what you are."

The Yanks are a 59-50 team. In 2000, they had the division wrapped up before tanking the last two weeks of the season and making it some what interesting.

The Yanks have ripped off winning streaks of 10, 6 and 6 and are only 9 games above .500. :shock:

They could catch the Sox, but it is not like either team is a serious threat. They are bothed flawed.

There are no parades coming to Boston or New York this fall.

The worst thing that could happen is the Yanks get a wildcard playoff spot that they inevitably will piss away in the first round and allow that to wallpaper over the major dysnfunctions in their roster, coaching staff and front office.

Yes, its true Yankee fans. You have not a snowball's chance in hell to win anything this year. You also dont have much of a shot next year The team you coulndt give away will be one year older by then.

But I got a step in the right direction for ya:

Trade A-rod! He is very obviously accursed. Look at his history. If you dont feel like expending the energy...please read my 2005 pre-season forecast, I spell out the A-rod curse for everyone.

Trading that thug will be addition by subtraction.

When did 3 1/2 back become done ?

Still what around 2 months let and 2 more series with the Fluke Sox coming in September ?

If anything this is far from over.

I guess we find out now who really STILL believes.

Any team that is playing "Guest starter for a day" in August is done. If they get trashed by the White Sox this week at home, say goodnight.

Not only that, they are going to suck for a long time. Nothing to speak of in the farm system, either to trade or bring up, contracts no one wants, and the current mixture of age, lack of speed and no arms indicates a bad team for a while. They remind of the 65-66 Yankees where they all got old at once.

They just won't be able to buy their way out of this one.

Any team that is playing "Guest starter for a day" in August is done. If they get trashed by the White Sox this week at home, say goodnight.

Not only that, they are going to suck for a long time. Nothing to speak of in the farm system, either to trade or bring up, contracts no one wants, and the current mixture of age, lack of speed and no arms indicates a bad team for a while. They remind of the 65-66 Yankees where they all got old at once.

They just won't be able to buy their way out of this one.

LOL!! You are pathetic. Wishful thinking on your part.

When did 3 1/2 back become done ?

Still what around 2 months let and 2 more series with the Fluke Sox coming in September ?

If anything this is far from over.

I guess we find out now who really STILL believes.

Playa please! You cant possibly believe that crap. Look at your starting pitchers!!!

How are the Yankee starters like a vending machine?

They both dont work and take your money!

bwa-hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha

In their 2 wins in the Jays series, the bullpen turned laughers into save situations. With a starting staff that has exactly one guy (Mussina) getting into the 7th inning with any regularity, where is the bridge to Rivera coming from? basically you have Embree going allright(fresh off waivers!) and hold your breath on everyone else. Strutze is back to what he was in Tampa. Gordon sucks.

I don't buy this "they're gonna suck forever; it's 1965 " stuff. They have the resources(translation-MONEY), but they have to stop the panic Womack?Wright?Pavano? moves and think it through. But there has to be an overhaul. The whole infield is fine and by no means old. Other than Matsui( a FA at year's end), Mussina and Unit(who unless he retires we're stuck with) the rest of the team is a huge ?.

COuld Small actually be a decent pitcher?WilL Wang be back? Pavano and Wright? Nutball Sheff?

Posada is practically done. I don't care what hIS stats are; he's useLEss in a big spot. And his defense gets worse every year.

One big thing-it's hurts to say someone has to be fired, but Stott's done less with more than any coach in history, and the next time Billy Connors straightens out anything other than a napkin will be a first. Can't say who's making the pitching

decisions next year but it has to change because it's awful. Who ever suggested they pass on Hansen to take a highh school infielder when those slots are taken for the better part of the decade needs to be fired.

Archived