Good Game

crashingjet

It's was a pretty crappy game, you'll probably never see the jets play this bad again all season.

It's a long season... And are you predicting an 16-0 season? Because the Jets won, but according to you it was a crappy game and they'll never play that bad again. So when they do lose a game, will they be playing good? Just curious.

It's a long season... And are you predicting an 16-0 season? Because the Jets won, but according to you it was a crappy game and they'll never play that bad again. So when they do lose a game, will they be playing good? Just curious.

Your logic is infallible, I'm in awe.

Favre still looks like a pro bowler and Chad still looks like a noodle arm. With that being said, I'm looking forward to the insertion of Chad Henne at QB.

I don't know what Henne has to offer but in the meantime; Pennington makes you guys better. He almost pulled that game out of his ass all by himself. I wouldn't be looking to pull the plug on him too quickly. But you see the limitations now from a different perspective. Teams will be crowding the box for as long as he's back there, stalling a potentially strong running game.

With that being said, Ted Ginn really sucks.

I don't know what Henne has to offer but in the meantime; Pennington makes you guys better. He almost pulled that game out of his ass all by himself. I wouldn't be looking to pull the plug on him too quickly. But you see the limitations now from a different perspective. Teams will be crowding the box for as long as he's back there, stalling a potentially strong running game.

With that being said, Ted Ginn really sucks.

He was dissapointing yesterday to say the least, but Im still not ready to write the guy off. He has amazing speed and has proven to be sure handed. That said, he is still to this point a below average route runner.

Although I will say (and I was at the game) there were a few times he absolutely BLEW by his man and was gone for a TD had Penny been able to get the ball to him. One of those times Penny was pressured and had to get rid of it, another time was the flea flicker play where Ricky got gobbled up and had to keep it.

You cant judge what Ginn did last year IMO with the QB's we had. We'll have to see what happens with the rest of this season and when Henne gets a chance.

Thanks. Your team is much improved too, it should be a fun football season for both of us.

I have to say i'm concerned with jake long. Maybe he was doing well getting push in teh run game but in the passing he has been tossed around a little bit.

Usually, IMO, top level O-linemen have the least bust factor, but brick and long are sort of proving me wrong here. BTW, Gallery looks pretty legit, watch him tonight before you bring him up as a bust.

Just sayin good game, I'm glad it ended up being a tough hard fought game with no serious injuries. Favre still looks like a pro bowler and Chad still looks like a noodle arm. With that being said, I'm looking forward to the insertion of Chad Henne at QB.

yup,,dolphs should pull a colts and insert henne now like colts did with manning,,he went 1-15 but he learned a helluva lot

I have to say i'm concerned with jake long. Maybe he was doing well getting push in teh run game but in the passing he has been tossed around a little bit.

Usually, IMO, top level O-linemen have the least bust factor, but brick and long are sort of proving me wrong here. BTW, Gallery looks pretty legit, watch him tonight before you bring him up as a bust.

Meh, it seemed alot of Jakes mistakes were of the mental variety. He slid to the inside thinking the LB was going to blitz and Pace came around untouched to demolish Penny. That can be fixed. I thought he held his own for his first game going up against a tough D-Line. The Jets players even gave him some credit after the game.

Meh, it seemed alot of Jakes mistakes were of the mental variety. He slid to the inside thinking the LB was going to blitz and Pace came around untouched to demolish Penny. That can be fixed. I thought he held his own for his first game going up against a tough D-Line. The Jets players even gave him some credit after the game.

i hadn't heard that. I know he has all-world strength and power, it is probably that this is his first game, played in 100 degree heat and was going against a platoon of pass rushers for virtually the entire game.

I'll reserve judgement for later.

lol this is hilarious. You were just pulling our chain for weeks with that Penny is great stuff, I have to salute you on that, well played.

I wonder about that Aqua4ever guy though. Do you think he will show up at all again?

I don't think Penny was that bad actually. But I guess you guys didn't get much out of the run game because we were playing pretty tight until we went to our prevent defense. That's Penny in a nutshell for you.

I think Long will be fine. This is his rookie season, can't expect him to really be good until 2nd at the earliest, usually the 3rd. 3rd year is a breakout year for many positions.

Just sayin good game, I'm glad it ended up being a tough hard fought game with no serious injuries. Favre still looks like a pro bowler and Chad still looks like a noodle arm. With that being said, I'm looking forward to the insertion of Chad Henne at QB.

Good on you to come back and take your lumps.

It was a good game, but in the end the two QBs did we knew they would. Brett flung it for the endzone and scored a TD and Chad threw the interception.

That about sums it up.

BZ

Good on you to come back and take your lumps.

It was a good game, but in the end the two QBs did we knew they would. Brett flung it for the endzone and scored a TD and Chad threw the interception.

That about sums it up.

BZ

Yup, for the 5th time in a row I've come back here to take my lumps after a Jets thrashing of my Phins, the day after the Christmas game was the worst... In all fairness to Chad, he should have had at least 3 interceptions. I've never seen anybody almost throw so many picks on checkdown passes :confused:

Yup, for the 5th time in a row I've come back here to take my lumps after a Jets thrashing of my Phins, the day after the Christmas game was the worst... In all fairness to Chad, he should have had at least 3 interceptions. I've never seen anybody almost throw so many picks on checkdown passes :confused:

Get used to it. After watching Chad "almost win" every week you will look like the geezer in your avatar (minus the cannon arm) by the end of the year.

Welcome to our world. It looks hopeful, but really, you are going to lose.

He will win a few for you this year.

BZ

lol this is hilarious. You were just pulling our chain for weeks with that Penny is great stuff, I have to salute you on that, well played.

I wonder about that Aqua4ever guy though. Do you think he will show up at all again?

I don't think Penny was that bad actually. But I guess you guys didn't get much out of the run game because we were playing pretty tight until we went to our prevent defense. That's Penny in a nutshell for you.

I think Long will be fine. This is his rookie season, can't expect him to really be good until 2nd at the earliest, usually the 3rd. 3rd year is a breakout year for many positions.

I never said he was great, I just posted some articles praising his skills, I still think his lack of a deep ball makes him a liability. He is tough though, at one point in the 4th he was bleeding from the mouth in the huddle and he still played hard. Too bad he doesn't have the balls or ability to throw the deep ball.

I saw that Aqua came back, but I think he was still angry about the loss, he was taking some abuse for making excuses... I did that last night, just not on the internet. I was talking to the bottle ;)

Long will be good, all through College his pass protection was the only thing that was in question and with time he will become better at pass protection.

Archived