Sunday's Game/Hurricane Ike

aec4

Living in miami i can tell you Cat 3 is no joke.. Hopefully it doesnt jump to a 4. Start stocking up now dude...Good luck.

Wait a minute? are the cowboys playing at home too??

Looks like it might land at a Cat 2, not 3, which would be better. Wishing everyone on the coast all the best and hope that you evacuated.

Cowboys and Texans are now both playing at home on Monday night. Cowbells on regular MNF, and Texicans on CBS in primary/secondary markets for Houston and Baltimore.

The only good coming out of Ike (if we don't lose power and there's no major damage) is that we will now get the Jets game here in Texas, instead of the Houston game. Yeah!!!

Just got back to work-- housse is secure with windows boarded-- they say winds in my area should hit around 75 mph -- and all outside material locked away -- one real good thing in my neighboorhood it is a fairly new subdivision with not alot of huge trees -- in it for the long haul now --

Galveston is already under water and it's low tide and the storm is still 18 hours out.

The new projected path has the eye going directly over our home.

This is going to be a real mess.

and high tide and landfall will be hitting at the same time Tex....good thing somebody in that house (the wife) had the smarts to GTF out of Dodge

Its gonna be ugly alright -- fortunatly I am on high ground -- and I have a damn good drainage systym in my yard -- when TS Allison dumped 18 inches of rain in my back yard back in 01 it was almost dry the next day -- I have a good friend with a beach house in Galveston -- looks grim

Galveston is already under water and it's low tide and the storm is still 18 hours out.

Getting the eye is a very odd experience to have to go through, having the wind whipping like crazy from one direction, then silence and calm and then BAM from the opposite direction here comes the wind from 5 to 100 mph in a matter of seconds and it really does sound like a freight train. It's something I'll never forget. Again good luck Tx.

Getting the eye is a very odd experience to have to go through, having the wind whipping like crazy from one direction, then silence and calm and then BAM from the opposite direction here comes the wind from 5 to 100 mph in a matter of seconds and it really does sound like a freight train. It's something I'll never forget. Again good luck Tx.

i've had the eye & i've had the relentless bands just outside the eye. i'll take the eye anyday.

this storm looks ferocious. yikes. my sincere condolences to those who have to live amongst the aftermath of a major hurricane. it just ain't any fun

i've had the eye & i've had the relentless bands just outside the eye. i'll take the eye anyday.

this storm looks ferocious. yikes. my sincere condolences to those who have to live amongst the aftermath of a major hurricane. it just ain't any fun

Ah been through that too. Basically the whole thing sucks. The aftermath though is what I hate most. Not having power for days even weeks, no ice, no a/c, no gas, etc...

Where do you live joewilly?

Perhaps if the NOAA can quickly rename this storm to Hurricane Pennington, we can get the projected winds, storm surge and overall strength of the storm decreased by 50%.

Ah been through that too. Basically the whole thing sucks. The aftermath though is what I hate most. Not having power for days even weeks, no ice, no a/c, no gas, etc...

Where do you live joewilly?

cayman islands, west of jamaica. Ivan got hung up in the deep trench just south of us & pounded us for 20+ hours. it was hellish. we were safe in our home but the emergency help line on radio was brutal to listen to. mom's screamin saying they were floating on their fridge in the house with baby in tow, that kinda stuff. My foreman had to make a runn from his house to the car when roof blew off. 4 of them rode it out in the friggin car for 7 hours. a tree fell on the hood. the months after were brutal

cayman islands, west of jamaica. Ivan got hung up in the deep trench just south of us & pounded us for 20+ hours. it was hellish. we were safe in our home but the emergency help line on radio was brutal to listen to. mom's screamin saying they were floating on their fridge in the house with baby in tow, that kinda stuff. My foreman had to make a runn from his house to the car when roof blew off. 4 of them rode it out in the friggin car for 7 hours. a tree fell on the hood. the months after were brutal

Uhhh, Yup. You've have better hurricane stories than me. Sounds nerve racking, glad you made it through.

Archived