Sunday's Game/Hurricane Ike

aec4

I was hoping Ike would take a turn overnight, but the projected path is still Freeport, Texas, which is only 16 miles from my home.

With that said, we are evacuating later today through Sunday night. They just reported that due to the storm, to expect wide-spread power outages for up to 10-14 days after the storm.

Anyway, looks like I'll be missing my 1st Pats game in over 12 years. If the Jets do pull off the win and I'm not here to take my lumps, it's because we have no electricity, and not because I'm avoiding you guys.

Anyway, enjoy the game Sunday and I'll be back when I can.

Tell me about it -- unfortunatly for me I am staying put -- I live about 40 miles off the coast and now IKE is beelining right for my house -- I do believe it may change cource again but duty calls and I have voluntered to work even thought I aam schedulde off - why because I am a dumb sh-- who likes to make money -- My family will be safe my neighbors will take care of them because thats what we do for each other -- I will be working in a father away place then downtown Houston where I normally work -- about 60 from the coast in a place called the bunker -- some whack job 20 years ago built it preparing for the end of the world it is a mass underground complex -- 12 hour shifts and they are putting us up in a marriott hotel between shifts

right now I will probably miss the home opener on TV WHICH SUCKS FOR ME - so think of us downhere and have a few cold ones for me -- Pat fan and Keyshawn stay safe my friends and all the rest in the area as well --

PatsFan, Sloe and all the other TX fans -

Stay safe. Do whatever you need to keep yourself and families safe and out of harm's way.

Up here in Austin, we don't know what's going to happen. Some projections say it will hit us at cat 2; others say it will veer away but still give us tropical storm winds. Either way, it's nothing to what all of you coast-ers are going through. Hope eveyone gets through this okay!

Good luck Tx, be safe.

They just reported that due to the storm, to expect wide-spread power outages for up to 10-14 days after the storm.

My brother's a journeyman lineman. He left Long Island for New Orleans last week, and he's telling us now that he could be down there all the way thru December! He's still up to his knees in water, and his crew has managed to set just two poles so far. Hope you have a little better infrastructure than Louisiana!

Looks for now Freeport is not safe -- you better get goin now before the mass exodus -- I remeber Rita 3 years ago and it was insane -- and if anyone is flying Continental through Houston all flights will be cancelled after 10 am tomorrow til early Sunday -- dose not make my job easier though

Mike,

Grab Shelly and get the hell out of town, now!

Actually, send Shelly up here, I'll take care of her while you go down with the ship. :D

Seriously bro, be safe, get out and you guys are in my thoughts.

Keep your phone on though so I can call you and talk **** Sunday.

LOL GOB knows how to use the phone again. It is a Christmas Miracle.

I was hoping Ike would take a turn overnight, but the projected path is still Freeport, Texas, which is only 16 miles from my home.

With that said, we are evacuating later today through Sunday night. They just reported that due to the storm, to expect wide-spread power outages for up to 10-14 days after the storm.

Anyway, looks like I'll be missing my 1st Pats game in over 12 years. If the Jets do pull off the win and I'm not here to take my lumps, it's because we have no electricity, and not because I'm avoiding you guys.

Anyway, enjoy the game Sunday and I'll be back when I can.

Brady goes down and you orchestrate this whole 'Hurricane' thing. I'm simply not buying it. Way to convenient.

Seriously though, good luck to you and yours... But why can't you watch the game wherever you are?

Dumbass. ;)

First of all, TV's run on electricity, if you didn't know that.

Second, I would have to find a bar with the Sunday ticket as the Texan game is being broadcast locally on CBS.

What do you think the chances of the DirectTV signal coming through in a category 3/4 hurricane. :rolleyes:

But the Texans game may be moved to Monday night -- opening the door for the Jets game to be televised here locally -- jus sayin -- get movin tex

Dumbass. ;)

Second, I would have to find a bar with the Sunday ticket as the Texan game is being broadcast locally on CBS.

What do you think the chances of the DirectTV signal coming through in a category 3/4 hurricane. :rolleyes:

Hey Dumbass, you do know what a generator is, don't you?

If not, go to Lowes, they may have one (doubt it though) Smart people in your area probably have already bought them

Dumbass. ;)

Listen, I live in the civilized world. One where we don't have to deal with hellfire and brimstone every day.

My only concern come sunday will be how much steak I can eat and beer I can drink at the tailgate and still make it to my seat in time for kickoff.

Listen, I live in the civilized world. One where we don't have to deal with hellfire and brimstone every day.

My only concern come sunday will be how much steak I can eat and beer I can drink at the tailgate and still make it to my seat in time for kickoff.

I was living in Long Island when Hurricane Gloria came though -- just sayin :P

http://www.stormpulse.com/

LATEST AND GREATEST -- PART 2

Looks now Galveston is on target but rumor has it it may go more to the east which is Good news for Texs neck of the woods -- dont get me wrong its still going to suck for town but maybe not as bad as forcasted earlier --- as for me looks like I may be slightly on the clean side for now and that could be better -- praying this keeps moving east -- the evacuations seem to be moving smoothly so far -- unlike 3 years ago --

Steak and beer, only a 2 course meal? How primitive.

Archived