2008-09 NY Rangers

jets22

I honestly don't know what to expect. I just hope we can get a top 4 spot, but I will only be really pissed off if we don't make the playoffs. I'm watching the preseason game now.

Goal by Nedved. Damnit, now he might make the team.

By the way, you guys think Orr improved substantially? They keep talking about how much work he's done over the offseason...

Nedved again.....this guy is like a revolving door on this team. I guess if he plays well in the Pre-seaon then he wouldn't be bad to have on the 3rd or 4th line. As for Orr I hope he steps it up...with Avery gone we need some one to mix it up a bit.

I still think the Rangers are a Top 5 team in the East but for oursakes hopefully Top 4 so we can get some home ice. Pittsburgh didn't lose much and will still be the team to date with The Diver.

I have a feeling the Pens are going to take a step back this year. Losing guys like Ryan Malone and Hossa I think are going to hurt the club a lot more than they realize. They won't even sniff a cup final again if Malkin has another postseason stretch like he did last season.

The East is going to be competitive. Right now, the Rangers look like they're going to be in good shape, but I think Montreal is the team to beat in the east this year.

As far as the west is concerned, it's the Wings to lose.

I have a feeling the Pens are going to take a step back this year. Losing guys like Ryan Malone and Hossa I think are going to hurt the club a lot more than they realize. They won't even sniff a cup final again if Malkin has another postseason stretch like he did last season.

The East is going to be competitive. Right now, the Rangers look like they're going to be in good shape, but I think Montreal is the team to beat in the east this year.

As far as the west is concerned, it's the Wings to lose.

Malone hurts, but he may of been a product of playing with great players, of course he might get that in TB too. Hossa, I'm not even going to talk about him.

As far as the Penguins are concerned, they didn't lose anyone significant in their defensemen and MAF is still in net. Given those two things, and Crosby and Malkin they are still going to win a lot of games. I don't get how Montreal is the team to beat, until proven otherwise it is still the Penguins.

Rangers will be in the playoffs but lose in the first round.

Islanders will try mightily and fall just short of the 8th spot.

Devils will be boring and no one will watch them at "The Rock"

Bruins win Cup this year.

Bruins?? not buying that one.....and the Rangers out in 1st round? why???

I see Montreal, Pittsbugh being at the top with the Rangers right behind as f now. Agreed you have to finish in the top 4 and get that home ice advantage-The Islanders forget about it.

The Bruins will not win their own division much less the cup.

I see Montreal, Pittsbugh being at the top with the Rangers right behind as f now. Agreed you have to finish in the top 4 and get that home ice advantage-The Islanders forget about it.

The Bruins will not win their own division much less the cup.

Pittsburgh is a strong team, I agree but it should be interesting to see how good they are with out Ryan Malone And Marion Hossa

I honestly don't know what to expect. I just hope we can get a top 4 spot, but I will only be really pissed off if we don't make the playoffs. I'm watching the preseason game now.

Goal by Nedved. Damnit, now he might make the team.

By the way, you guys think Orr improved substantially? They keep talking about how much work he's done over the offseason...[/quote]

Watchin him skate this year during pre season has been great. It shows that he has done alot to improve.When he got the puck in the past he would usually dump it in or throw it towards the net aimlessly, he now is trying to make a plays with his head up and using his body to shield the puck. His stride is better as well.

So I think the Rangers play one more pre-season game against the devils, then they travel to Europe for 2 regular season games. So what happens with them do they have to figure out who is on the team before the trip?? This is earlier then most teams, just wondering

So I think the Rangers play one more pre-season game against the devils, then they travel to Europe for 2 regular season games. So what happens with them do they have to figure out who is on the team before the trip?? This is earlier then most teams, just wondering

Those are exhibition games in Europe not regular season games I am sure/

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamSchedule

I doubt the NHL would count games against SC Bern and Metallurg Magnitogorsk as regular season games.

Sad an Islander fan has to find this info for you...

Metallurg Magnitogorsk has to be the greatest name for any sports team ever created. That team better be just absolutely badass.

Discuss.

we always win the season series againt them. have faith in your team. GORDON FOR COACH OF YEAR!

Who, Gorton's fisherman?

Your childish optimism is amusing. There's a difference between having faith and being completely oblivious to your surroundings. You say you're better than the Rangers yet you know absolutely nothing about them (as evidenced by your comment that we haven't improved at all).

Oh, and by the way, Gordon was just brought in because Garth Snow just wants another coach he can easily manipulate into coaching his way, which obviously hasn't worked out for the Islanders so far. He's a huge gamble as an NHL coach, maybe it can work but chances are it's just playing into Snow's hands...

But have fun with DP in goals. You'll be seeing him till you can legally drink. :rl:

Looks like they moved a bunch of people to Hartford before the trip, Per the Daily News Article today, and Nedved has been released

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/2008/09/26/2008-09-26_rangers_pare_roster_pair_chris_drury_wit.html

I saw that on the newswire releasing Nedved. It is better to go younger than going back to our old ways of aging veterans.

Who, Gorton's fisherman?

Your childish optimism is amusing. There's a difference between having faith and being completely oblivious to your surroundings. You say you're better than the Rangers yet you know absolutely nothing about them (as evidenced by your comment that we haven't improved at all).

Oh, and by the way, Gordon was just brought in because Garth Snow just wants another coach he can easily manipulate into coaching his way, which obviously hasn't worked out for the Islanders so far. He's a huge gamble as an NHL coach, maybe it can work but chances are it's just playing into Snow's hands...

But have fun with DP in goals. You'll be seeing him till you can legally drink. :rl:

he hasnt sucked, hes been a solid goalie, and when he stays healthy for a year he will get 40 wins. so watchign him until I can legally drink is a positive as of now.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/ny-sprang1002,0,4280738.story

BERN, Switzerland - Ryan Callahan scored with 20 seconds left to give the New York Rangers a 4-3 comeback victory over European champion Metallurg Magnitogorsk on Wednesday night in the first game between NHL and Russian teams in 17 years.

Down 3-0 late in the second period before rallying to take the $1 million prize in the inaugural Victoria Cup, the Rangers will open the NHL regular season this weekend in Prague, Czech Republic, with a two-game series against Tampa Bay.

"It certainly has a galvanizing effect on how we go into Prague," Rangers coach Tom Renney said. "You have to think this has certainly served as a foundation for some confidence. ... We had our hands full tonight. We were down three-nothing and it did not look good at all."

Chris Drury cut it to 3-1 with a two-man advantage late in the second period and Dan Fritsche made it a one-goal game at 5:45 of the third. Drury tied it with a little under 10 minutes left.

"Any comeback is important for your team," Renney said. "It is an important step early and we like that."

Denis Platonov, drafted by Nashville in 2001, gave the Continental Hockey League team the lead 1:28 into the first period and Vladimir Malenkikh beat Henrik Lundqvist on a power play with 1:53 left in the period to make it 2-0. Metallurg took a 3-0 lead midway through the second on Nikolai Zavarukhin's power-play goal.

The Victoria Cup was created by the International Ice Hockey Federation in its centenary year. Named for the rink where the first organized game was played in 1875 in Montreal, the event will annually pair an NHL team with the current European champion.

The Rangers' two Russian players, defenseman Dmitri Kalinin and forward Nikolai Zherdev, accepted the trophy.

"It was a nice touch by our guys," Renney said. "It recognized two good teammates who care deeply about playing for the Rangers, and our leaders wanted them to know that."

Archived