Hilarious ... in a really sad way

Green Jets & Ham

I took this excerpt from a column in the NY Times that was posted last nite

The column discusses the free agents the Jets will likely lose {Jordan, Fergy, K-Mac} as well as the free agents they have already missed on {Williams, Jennings, Mason, etc.}

But then the column talks about how the Jets WERE SUCCESSFUL in keeping two of their main veteran cogs ... and that's the part I'm posting here

Although the Jets appeared certain to lose those players, the team also took steps to retain its longest-tenured offensive player, Wayne Chrebet.

Chrebet, a 10-year veteran and the team's second-leading career receiver, was due a roster bonus today.

There had been widespread speculation that because of his age - 31 - and the emergence of the other receivers on the roster the Jets might decide to release him to save the money.

But Chrebet's representative, Arthur B. Weiss, confirmed yesterday that Chrebet had received the bonus. "He's getting it," Weiss said. "There's no change."

Chrebet, who sustained concussions in each of the past two seasons, hinted in January that he might consider retirement. But Weiss said that Chrebet had maintained his off-season training regimen and was preparing for his 11th season.

"He's in the gym every day," Weiss said. "He started two days after the season ended."

Asked about the possibility that Chrebet might retire, Weiss said: "He always has his options. But right now, I wouldn't bet against him playing next year."

Another player who was due a bonus yesterday was safety Reggie Tongue.

Like Chrebet, Tongue is 31, and his age made him a candidate to be released as the free-agent period began.

Tongue was also thought to be vulnerable because he posted uneven performances last season, and Bradway has said that the Jets would like to add younger defensive backs.

But Tongue's agent, William Vann McElroy, said yesterday that Tongue had restructured his contract to stay with the team.

WHEW!! ... dodged a bullet

Let's give TB credit ... these were the two MAIN GUYS we had to keep

Thank God.

Now we can focus our attention on Lance Legree and Derrick Blaylock!

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This team isn't doing sh*t because they know our season is in the sh*tter because Penny is ****ed.

Take it to the bank.

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This team isn't doing Sh#t because they know our season is in the sh*tter because Penny is ****ed.

Take it to the bank.

If Penny misses minute one of the regular season because of the shoulder, I want TB and Herman on the next bus out of town. I swear to GOD.

Ham you keep forgetting Pennington, Abraham and Ellis.

Those were the three most important guys to keep and we kept all three of them.

That would be like Carolina losing Delhomme, Peppers and Rucker.

Keeping The Big 3 was a huge issue for us last year on that other board.lol I can't really go into the archives.

We were hoping that they could keep two of them.

Ham you keep forgetting Pennington, Abraham and Ellis.

Those were the three most important guys to keep and we kept all three of them.

That would be like Carolina losing Delhomme, Peppers and Rucker.

Keeping The Big 3 was a huge issue for us last year on that other board.lol I can't really go into the archives.

We were hoping that they could keep two of them.

Of course YJF...signing them we all knew fergy,jordan and Kamc were gone.

Im not mad about that. Im upset because while the rest of the nfl is signing their top fa targets,the jets are playing games with Hobbles McGee's agent and sucking off fergy,a guy who had to go.

Archived