Yanks to pursue to Manny?

NIGHT STALKER

Manny Ramirez doesn't fit the Yankees' desire to get younger and more athletic, but several industry sources believe the Yankees will make a serious push for the free agent to play right field next year. Though GM Brian Cashman says the top offseason priority is starting pitching, he did not rule out interest in the 36-year-old Ramirez.

New York Post

Manny to me is the most interesting non pitcher free agent out there for the Yankees.

You have a guy here who hits no matter what the situation. He is an all time great hitter and would bring the Yankees something they haven't had in the past couple of years as a guy who can get you that hit in a big spot.

And you just know that Manny going to Boston as a member of the Yankees is something that Hank and Company are just drooling over.

The downside is that the guy is a friggin nut job. Bringing Manny here could make Billy, George and Reggie look like Romper Room.

He would give the Yankees the jolt in the batting order that they desperately need. The bigger question is would they be willing to deal and look the other way with his shenanigans.

If it were me. I would probably think long and hard about it but in the end I wouldn't bring him in because I think it would just bring alot of problems to the clubhouse.

And you just know that Manny going to Boston as a member of the Yankees is something that Hank and Company are just drooling over.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner !!

That is why Manny is going to produce in a Yankee uniform. He wants nothing more than to stick it to Boston. He will also add something to the Yankee lineup that is lacking. CLUTCH HITTING. Enough of the chemistry in the clubhouse crap. The Yankees of the late 70's didn't have that and they won. This team needs consistent hitting and giood pitching. Give Manny what he wants for 3 years and he will be in pinstripes.

Manny to me is the most interesting non pitcher free agent out there for the Yankees.

You have a guy here who hits no matter what the situation. He is an all time great hitter and would bring the Yankees something they haven't had in the past couple of years as a guy who can get you that hit in a big spot.

The downside is that the guy is a friggin nut job. Bringing Manny here could make Billy, George and Reggie look like Romper Room.

He would give the Yankees the jolt in the batting order that they desperately need. The bigger question is would they be willing to deal and look the other way with his shenanigans.

If it were me. I would probably think long and hard about it but in the end I wouldn't bring him in because I think it would just bring alot of problems to the clubhouse.

His reason for wanting out of Boston (as stated by him & Boras) was the fan & media scrutiny he received. If he ends up with the Yankees he is going to be hated up here for being a hypocrite.

Manny Ramirez doesn't fit the Yankees' desire to get younger and more athletic, but several industry sources believe the Yankees will make a serious push for the free agent to play right field next year. Though GM Brian Cashman says the top offseason priority is starting pitching, he did not rule out interest in the 36-year-old Ramirez.

New York Post

I would rather they signed Griffey.

Manny Ramirez is the BEST pure hitter in baseball. The Yankees need to sign him and Griffey so they can once again hang the pennant.Only this time in the new Yankee Stadium.

If they sign Griffey I will throw up. Biggest overated player in the history of MLB. No thanks.

Archived